F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > BMW F30 3 Series Coding DIY - Code Auto Start Stop, DVD, Folding Mirrors, Etc.
GetBMWParts

02-03-2013, 07:18 PM   #2487
kon
Lieutenant
Singapore
Rep
Drives: F30 310i > G20 310i

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelfreak0410 View Post
Ok, I had to re-pair my phone to activate audio streaming. works fine now But my old galaxy is not capable of sending title information while streaming ... I think this will work with a newer phone.

The latest IOS6 should support MAP? I think I will try to pair an iphone 5 to see if the sms and email options will work on office menu. currently there are only contacts listed.

What will happen when I flash the latest bluetooth update from bmw.com/bluetooth ? Do I have to code some FDL again?
Updating the bluetooth firmware doesn't require any further coding. It just handle the devices you connect to it better/support for more devices (at least that should be the case)
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2013, 07:20 PM   #2488
kon
Lieutenant
Singapore
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelfreak0410 View Post
I found CMB Media 3003 Video_Player_Ein_Aus did someone tested this option and know what it does?
Tried, no video play yet. I'm guessing this is part of 6NR BMW Apps, which require hardware changes (and/or FSC code) to make this work
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2013, 07:23 PM   #2489
kon
Lieutenant
Singapore
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ykau View Post
hi kon, thanks! I can see office and picture in my picture in my bluetooth setting. but quite meaningless, i'm sorry for being greedy in looking for facebook and email functions as well.
Email is part of Office

Facebook is part of BMW Apps (6NR)
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2013, 07:26 PM   #2490
kon
Lieutenant
Singapore
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by also1412 View Post
Finally @kon, you mentioned about removing country controller in FA and set the country flag to Hongkong sometime ago. Could you please kindly shed some light about how this could be done? After you have performed this what happened? Many thanks.
This one:

http://www.f30post.com/forums/showpo...postcount=1727
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2013, 07:30 PM   #2491
f302012sold
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by kon View Post
Just tried that, no avail..

What do you think if I add a "866" to my FA and activate it?

s866a language version, trad. Chinese
s866a language version, chinese simpl.

In order to make the car register the change in FA do I need to VO code some unit or ideally it would just enables language support??
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2013, 07:43 PM   #2492
kon
Lieutenant
Singapore
Rep

Quote:
Just tried that, no avail..

What do you think if I add a "866" to my FA and activate it?

s866a language version, trad. Chinese
s866a language version, chinese simpl.

In order to make the car register the change in FA do I need to VO code some unit or ideally it would just enables language support??
You will definitely have to code HU_CIC (kombi & CMB_media will be optional)... but since you're just "testing to see if the font exist", i guess HU_CIC will be sufficient. If doesn't work and have to revert you have less to undo.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2013, 11:12 PM   #2493
clarence
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F30 328i M-Sport

Quote:
Yep I saw some screenshots of NBT unit and it is much cooler.

I am still not convinced that the software builds of CIC differ from Asian countries to the EU/US ones. I reckon the price difference should be down to software licensing and/or country specific tax etc. It would be mind-numbingly stupid if BMW actually release 2 branches of CIC builds JUST because of the locale.

I am doubting Aupeo! knows this problem and deliberately tweak the encoding of those characters to make them display correctly on the CIC - so my guess is for our EU/US spec CIC the system uses ANSI or ISO as character encoding rather than utf8. but further tests are needed to verify these theories.

I am getting frustrating about this as it is deemed to be a very very basic functionality and since in the NBT it does support CJK, BMW certainly has realised that the necessity of this.

Finally @kon, you mentioned about removing country controller in FA and set the country flag to Hongkong sometime ago. Could you please kindly shed some light about how this could be done? After you have performed this what happened? Many thanks.
The part prices are ex.taxes (e.g. there's no tax in HK) & priced in euros. It assumes u're ordering the part at a German dealer.
AFAIK the PRC-spec CIC has a higher GPS margin of error (due to laws in China), plus it's not available with DAB+ (even tho it's on-air in PRC & HK).
Don't even think abt adding HK country controller to the VO, it disables album art & office. Wht the guys did was removing HK country controller & then changing one of the ecu's locale to HK. The aim is to re-enable office & album art (removing VO) & re-enabling chi support when idrive is set to eng (changing locale, necessary after removing VO), & it works on HK-spec non-nav F10 & F30 (Asian fonts support already built-in regardless of language setting before coding).
Kon already tried changing locale & it didn't work for him.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2013, 01:40 AM   #2494
elchicha
Registered
Rep
Drives: 740 i f02

Hi Shawn,
could you please send me the links for the new world: 48.3, 3.22 Esys, and contact to purchase the patch and new token. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2013, 04:50 AM   #2495
GaborB
Belgium
Rep
Drives: F30 316d

I have 6NH, 6WA and 606 as options.

I thought, I give VO coding a try even the car is leased. So I added 614, 615 and coded to HU_CIC. I now see some new menus available in iDrive, however BMW Live still says I have inactive browser so I shall contact dealer to activate.

Also, by adding 614 and 615, ONLINE_BROWSER remained nicht_aktive while ONLINE_BROWSER_LIVE is switched to aktiv.

Do you guys think if I enable ONLINE_BROWSER to aktiv, then 614-615 related functions start working?

In belgium, online configurator shows 6WA, 6NH as prerequisite to 614. 6AL (BMW Live) requires only 6NH, so in theory this should work...

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2013, 05:03 AM   #2496
f302012sold
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarence View Post
The part prices are ex.taxes (e.g. there's no tax in HK) & priced in euros. It assumes u're ordering the part at a German dealer.
AFAIK the PRC-spec CIC has a higher GPS margin of error (due to laws in China), plus it's not available with DAB+ (even tho it's on-air in PRC & HK).
Don't even think abt adding HK country controller to the VO, it disables album art & office. Wht the guys did was removing HK country controller & then changing one of the ecu's locale to HK. The aim is to re-enable office & album art (removing VO) & re-enabling chi support when idrive is set to eng (changing locale, necessary after removing VO), & it works on HK-spec non-nav F10 & F30 (Asian fonts support already built-in regardless of language setting before coding).
Thanks @clarence. what a sad news.

I tried everything i could, no avail.

Looks like you are right, the difference for asian and eu/us CICs is in the system level. i was so confident that it could work was because i remember a while ago when i looked at the system architecture paper for QNX and learnt that unicode and international localisation is outofbox in the kernel level so there must be a way of enabling it, it is unfortunately we probably can't do it via changing FDLs.

@shawn, do you still have the info regarding telnet or ssh into the cic terminal? lets be hardcore on this shit.

thanks everyone.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2013, 07:21 AM   #2497
kon
Lieutenant
Singapore
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaborB View Post
I have 6NH, 6WA and 606 as options.

I thought, I give VO coding a try even the car is leased. So I added 614, 615 and coded to HU_CIC. I now see some new menus available in iDrive, however BMW Live still says I have inactive browser so I shall contact dealer to activate.

Also, by adding 614 and 615, ONLINE_BROWSER remained nicht_aktive while ONLINE_BROWSER_LIVE is switched to aktiv.

Do you guys think if I enable ONLINE_BROWSER to aktiv, then 614-615 related functions start working?

In belgium, online configurator shows 6WA, 6NH as prerequisite to 614. 6AL (BMW Live) requires only 6NH, so in theory this should work...

Thanks.
You also need to code CMB_MEDIA, this is controlling what can pass through bluetooth, HU_CIC is just what you see on screen.

For BMW Live, you can also add 6AL or fdl code ONLINE_BROWSER_LIVE will give you the same result.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2013, 07:22 AM   #2498
kon
Lieutenant
Singapore
Rep

Quote:
Thanks @clarence. what a sad news.

I tried everything i could, no avail.

Looks like you are right, the difference for asian and eu/us CICs is in the system level. i was so confident that it could work was because i remember a while ago when i looked at the system architecture paper for QNX and learnt that unicode and international localisation is outofbox in the kernel level so there must be a way of enabling it, it is unfortunately we probably can't do it via changing FDLs.

@shawn, do you still have the info regarding telnet or ssh into the cic terminal? lets be hardcore on this shit.

thanks everyone.
There is a language update menu currently disable, i didn't try enabling it as i have no clue how to proceed from there...
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2013, 07:45 AM   #2499
GaborB
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
You also need to code CMB_MEDIA, this is controlling what can pass through bluetooth, HU_CIC is just what you see on screen.
If CMB_MEDIA is another ECU, then I don't have this.

Quote:
For BMW Live, you can also add 6AL or fdl code ONLINE_BROWSER_LIVE will give you the same result.
Yes, indeed. My above post wasn't completely correct. I also added 6AL, and now have ONLINE_BROWSER_LINE = Aktiv
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2013, 07:55 AM   #2500
kon
Lieutenant
Singapore
Rep

Quote:
If CMB_MEDIA is another ECU, then I don't have this.

Yes, indeed. My above post wasn't completely correct. I also added 6AL, and now have ONLINE_BROWSER_LINE = Aktiv
your option is similar to pixelfreak (1-2 pages earlier) as he has 6NH but he has CMB_MEDIA, can you check in your boot if you physically have the combox located in the boot right behind the seat (you'll have to lift the floor board to unveal all the goodies lying beneath them. If you do, I cannot understand why you cannot see CMB_MEDIA (are you sure?)
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-04-2013, 08:01 AM   #2501
GaborB
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
your option is similar to pixelfreak (1-2 pages earlier) as he has 6NH but he has CMB_MEDIA, can you check in your boot if you physically have the combox (picture to follow). If you do, I cannot understand why you cannot see CMB_MEDIA (are you sure?)
I have no combox in trunk. Sucks?
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2013, 08:02 AM   #2502
kon
Lieutenant
Singapore
Rep

Quote:
I have no combox in trunk. Sucks?
you have business nav (606) instead of prof nav (609), so maybe that is the difference that maybe results in you not having the combox.

I will have to leave with in the good hands of other similar to your config/spec to advice. Sorry!
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2013, 08:08 AM   #2503
GaborB
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
you have business nav (606) instead of prof nav (609), so maybe that is the difference that maybe results in you not having the combox.

I will have to leave with in the good hands of other similar to your config/spec to advice. Sorry!
No probs, and thanks for all the advise!

In the meantime I did a few other changes based on what I could gather fom previous posts and I'll see if anything gets activated over night...
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2013, 08:11 AM   #2504
kon
Lieutenant
Singapore
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarence View Post
ykau just confirm enabling MACRO_PIM will bring out Office menu, but not sure if the HKG unit is coded correctly by default to take office. For Singapore car at least, even with Country Controller in place, which disable the Office menu, changing MACRO_PIM alone will activate office function in full.

And I'm pretty sure there is just 1 or 2 settings in CMB_MEDIA to enable album art although doing it by removing HKG country controller will make things easier and faster.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2013, 08:53 AM   #2505
clarence
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F30 328i M-Sport

Quote:
ykau just confirm enabling MACRO_PIM will bring out Office menu, but not sure if the HKG unit is coded correctly by default to take office. For Singapore car at least, even with Country Controller in place, which disable the Office menu, changing MACRO_PIM alone will activate office function in full.

And I'm pretty sure there is just 1 or 2 settings in CMB_MEDIA to enable album art although doing it by removing HKG country controller will make things easier and faster.
I think if we remove VO then when the good guys at Sime Darby decides to update software the coding will remain afterwards. I will probably give it a go later when I get the cable, I mean using MACRO_PIM alone.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2013, 10:46 AM   #2506
steve@codemybimmer
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Hong Kong
Rep

Drives: 2020 G20 320i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
How diffiicult was it to change 6NH to 6NK?

Message menu in Office will only appear if you pair a compatible phone (with MAP support), you might want to check if your phone MAP options is activated.

Tyre pressure, do you have option 2VB? If not, it will never appear as your vehicle lack the sensor & receiver to actually show you anything. You can check 2VB in your VO list or physically check your tyre stem valve whether it's metal or rubber, if rubber means no 2VB.
I changed my VO from 6NH to 6NK and got the Bluetooth audio and album art working but whenever I go to office, I do see the messages option but it just keeps saying "Updating list" and when it's done, I get "No Messages".

I'm using the iPhone 5 on IOS 6.0 so not sure why it's still not working. Just about any combox should have this functionality right?

Last edited by steve@codemybimmer; 02-04-2013 at 12:45 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2013, 01:21 PM   #2507
pixelfreak0410
Private
Rep
Drives: Ordered: M440i Convertible RWD

As already mentioned, I successfully went from 6nh to 6nk. My next plan is to activate BMW Online Browser and pass the data through bluetooth. Which FDL must be coded to achieve this?

Thanks a lot for the great help already
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2013, 05:49 PM   #2508
Bman925
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i xDrive

Does anyone know if this could be done to a leased car?
Appreciate 0