F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > F31 Idrive issues
Extreme Powerhouse

02-11-2018, 03:14 PM   #1
Redbeemie71
Registered
Rep
Drives: F31 320i

F31 Idrive issues

I am hoping someone can help. We have a 2013 320i F31 touring, about a week ago the idrive crashed whilst driving and now just reboots every 3 mins and sticks on the BMW screen, radio works but no telephone or general idrive function.

Rather than being screwed by BMW I sourced another head unit with the same part number, but from an F20. I have fitted it and now idrive works, but no Bluetooth and all the graphics etc are F20, I cannot turn Bluetooth on it is just greyed out.

I also tried to do a software update and it wont display the current version and says that the upgrade is incompatible with this vehicle when you try to apply it.

So wondering can I get the "new" headunit reflashed with full F31 software, or do I start swapping out boards between the 2 head units and hope that the software will be kept on the main board from the original head unit?

Thanks Simon
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2018, 12:52 PM   #2
Jhnblckwood
Captain
Rep
Drives: F30 2014 320i xdrive

Flash it, plenty of guides to help u flash an ecu with esys. Jus make sure to have suitable power supply. Dunno if that'll help with Bluetooth but for that make sure ur connections in the back are correct. Do u have combox? Did new head unit have exact same connections?
Appreciate 1
jeffc83725.00