F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N20, N26, B46, B48 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Supersprint Full Exhaust Review
ARMA SPEED

08-24-2017, 06:29 PM   #23
add911_11
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 330I M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedriver View Post
Thanks a lot Knightsabers!! This info is 👌👌

I'm tossing up between these two, the super sprint and the MPE for my beautiful F20 LCI 125i (B48). I've been leaning towards the SS but you've intrigued me Ilovewagons... Is it still possible to hear that popcorn?

Currently only looking at installing catback at this time, so anyone with a custom exhaust on a bmw 2 litre share your experiences!! (N20 or current B48)

Cheers
I own a B48 330i.

I brought FI exhaust and 200 cel downpipe. Very nice sounds with decent bangs and pops.

Also comes with controllable valve switch.

However, price for FI exhaust is also at the high side. My wait was rather quick though.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2017, 02:33 PM   #24
xroshx
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i F30

what kind of rims are those? size?
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2017, 02:53 PM   #25
DanM2C
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2C, 2013 BMW 328i xdrive

Hey just thought I would leave my 2 cents on the supersprint exhaust.

Picked up the dual tip muffler for the 328i xdrive. An online store had it on sale for a steal and I couldn't pass it up. Was able to get the first and second parts of the midpipe to complete the setup but the first part of the midpipe (made for my n26 engine) was a huge pain and was on backorder from Italy.

I got the car up on jack stands, removed the old exhaust, and started to install the new exhaust. Unfortunately, the first part of the midpipe had the hanger located in the wrong position so I could not get the exhaust properly hung. I ended up bringing it to a local exhaust shop and they removed and rewelded the hanger in the correct position.

Now that everything is together, the car sounds great. Full disclosure, I also have an ER catless downpipe so with the stock downpipe the sound is likely somewhat more muffled. That being said, cold start is loud but IMO not overly so. After cold start, the car is not obnoxiously loud when idling. With slow acceleration, you can tell that there is an aftermarket exahust but it is not over the top. With heavy acceleration, I get a deep growl. With upshifts over 5K RPM, there is a great deep pop. I haven't heard a lot of crackles and pops letting off the gas or downshifting but maybe my ears are not sensitive enough to it. Also, I am playing with fire running a jb4 in map 2 so the car may be running somewhat lean and preventing those crackles and pops.

I am a fan of the look of the exhaust. The large tips fit the car and are not obnoxious. Originally I had been looking at the quad but the price I got the dual at was too much of a steal to pass it up and I am not disappointed.

Hope that helps for anyone thinking about picking up a supersprint exhaust. I would definitely do it again.
      08-28-2017, 06:59 PM   #26
knightsabers
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: Audi R8 v10 Spyder

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by xroshx View Post
what kind of rims are those? size?
Vorsteiner V-FF103
F: 20x8.5"
R: 20x10.0"
      04-22-2018, 04:00 PM   #27
F30.TRMBBIMMER
Fitment Patrol
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan328f30 View Post
Hey just thought I would leave my 2 cents on the supersprint exhaust.

Picked up the dual tip muffler for the 328i xdrive. An online store had it on sale for a steal and I couldn't pass it up. Was able to get the first and second parts of the midpipe to complete the setup but the first part of the midpipe (made for my n26 engine) was a huge pain and was on backorder from Italy.

I got the car up on jack stands, removed the old exhaust, and started to install the new exhaust. Unfortunately, the first part of the midpipe had the hanger located in the wrong position so I could not get the exhaust properly hung. I ended up bringing it to a local exhaust shop and they removed and rewelded the hanger in the correct position.

Now that everything is together, the car sounds great. Full disclosure, I also have an ER catless downpipe so with the stock downpipe the sound is likely somewhat more muffled. That being said, cold start is loud but IMO not overly so. After cold start, the car is not obnoxiously loud when idling. With slow acceleration, you can tell that there is an aftermarket exahust but it is not over the top. With heavy acceleration, I get a deep growl. With upshifts over 5K RPM, there is a great deep pop. I haven't heard a lot of crackles and pops letting off the gas or downshifting but maybe my ears are not sensitive enough to it. Also, I am playing with fire running a jb4 in map 2 so the car may be running somewhat lean and preventing those crackles and pops.

I am a fan of the look of the exhaust. The large tips fit the car and are not obnoxious. Originally I had been looking at the quad but the price I got the dual at was too much of a steal to pass it up and I am not disappointed.

Hope that helps for anyone thinking about picking up a supersprint exhaust. I would definitely do it again.
What diffuser is that?