F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Photo, Video, Media Gallery, Journals > Long time lurker
Studio RSR

01-12-2015, 08:48 PM   #1
doobienewbiedoo
Rep
Drives: 428i

Long time lurker

Sadly making first post today after hanging around for a while. I say sadly because most of the time I have been lurking was to pass the time while waiting to get my car back from the body shop which should be this Friday. Long story short an 18 year old girl in her mom's 2002 mazda 626 ran red light and got me right at the back of my rear wheel and into the bumper. Luckily not a ton of damage but still sucks having a brand new car for about 6 -7 months get smacked by a girl not paying attention.

Well I'm looking forward to sticking around for a while so here is a couple of shots before the accident and stay tuned for post shots. I took the opportunity of getting a new rear bumper and turned it into m sport since she is paying for most of it (I just pay the difference between stock and m sport). Also I have been ridiculously impatient and to pass the time have ordered a carbon fiber rear diffuser with holes for dual exhaust, 19's (8.5 f et 30 w/ 235/35/19 | 9.5 r et40 w/ 265/30/19), black kidney grills, H&R Super sports, and In the works - bilstein b8 f & r, spacers depending on how flush the wheels end up being, dual exhaust mod and a tune(still undecided on which). Please don't flame the dual exhaust mod I am not doing it to fool people into thinking I have a 435 I just am not a fan of single exhaust outlet it looks uneven to me. It will also be hard to fool people since I am not even going to de-badge it.

01-12-2015, 10:28 PM   #2
tboooe
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F36 428i GC, E36 M3 - gone :(

Sorry to hear about the accident but it looks like you've got a bunch of goodies to make your car better than new. I am looking forward to seeing the transformation. What about the front bumper? Any plans to convert that to M Sport as well?
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2015, 10:48 PM   #3
USC2000
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 328i M Sport

Looks like you've got a nice list of mods ready to go. Make sure to post some pics once you get it all installed.
      01-12-2015, 10:57 PM   #4
doobienewbiedoo
Rep

Undecided on the M sport front bumper right now. I think I am going to wait until after I drop it to decide. I might have a hard time getting into my driveway because of clearance. My neighborhood has these rolled curb/rain gutters that are pretty steep so I'd have to build a set of ramps to get in and out. There is a guy a couple houses down that just bought a 14' corvette and he has his son drag this ramp made out of 2 x 6's and plywood down the driveway every time he comes home. Ill have to wait a few years for that luxury though because my kids are only 6 and 3 so they aren't quite strong enough yet
      01-14-2015, 04:00 PM   #5
ManofSteele
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 F30 328i Sport Line

Sorry to hear about the incident...Can not wait to see it when it is finished!

Also nice to see another manual trans.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2015, 05:21 PM   #6
VMRWheels
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: BMW

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [10.00]
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
2013 BMW F30  [0.00]
2014 BMW F22  [0.00]
2013 BMW F06  [0.00]
Look forward to seeing all the mods come together
      01-16-2015, 04:32 PM   #7
Golden Arrow
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F36 430i GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by doobienewbiedoo
Sadly making first post today after hanging around for a while. I say sadly because most of the time I have been lurking was to pass the time while waiting to get my car back from the body shop which should be this Friday. Long story short an 18 year old girl in her mom's 2002 mazda 626 ran red light and got me right at the back of my rear wheel and into the bumper. Luckily not a ton of damage but still sucks having a brand new car for about 6 -7 months get smacked by a girl not paying attention.

Well I'm looking forward to sticking around for a while so here is a couple of shots before the accident and stay tuned for post shots. I took the opportunity of getting a new rear bumper and turned it into m sport since she is paying for most of it (I just pay the difference between stock and m sport). Also I have been ridiculously impatient and to pass the time have ordered a carbon fiber rear diffuser with holes for dual exhaust, 19's (8.5 f et 30 w/ 235/35/19 | 9.5 r et40 w/ 265/30/19), black kidney grills, H&R Super sports, and In the works - bilstein b8 f & r, spacers depending on how flush the wheels end up being, dual exhaust mod and a tune(still undecided on which). Please don't flame the dual exhaust mod I am not doing it to fool people into thinking I have a 435 I just am not a fan of single exhaust outlet it looks uneven to me. It will also be hard to fool people since I am not even going to de-badge it.

I feel your pain.

Two weeks after picking up my 335, I had it parked along the curb at the bottom of a friend's driveway since I was helping him move things from his pickup truck into his house.

The person across the street from him was having HVAC work done this morning, and the workers showed up in a large box truck. When they reversed out to leave, they stabbed my beautiful new car's rear bumper with the lower part of theirs, leaving a gigantic hole in the left side. Thankfully, they knocked on my bro's door to let us know what happened. I was livid.

It was a young kid who did it, maybe 20. The motorcycle officer who showed up to take the report made fun of him for hitting "the only German car on the street"
2003 330xi (Forever in my heart )
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2015, 07:46 PM   #8
doobienewbiedoo
Rep

So I was supposed to get my car back last Friday, have been calling the dealership almost daily to get status' and keep hearing well it's just out of paint and we have all the parts so it is looking good. Then I get we are starting assembly tomorrow so if all goes well it will be early part of next week Tuesday at the latest. Called today and get well the tech is waiting for the bumper to come out of paint. I was like wait WHAT you told me on Friday the paint was done now it's not even out of paint yet. I was like man it is a friggen bumper not the whole car. Then I get well we can dry fit the bumper but if you want us to install the diffuser you have then we will just dry fit the bumper and then take it off and wait for you to get here. So yeah they painted the bumper then want to dry fit it, makes perfect sense right? Then he states well the tech "thinks he has everything so should begin re-assembly tomorrow" So I nicely told the guy to just install the bumper and not to worry about installing the diffuser and that I will do it myself and he starts on about "Oh man everyone thinks all these pieces just go onto a car and then they start doing it and realize its not as easy as it sounds. I was like guy there is some tabs that slide in holes on the top and 5 bolts on the bottom its is not exactly rocket science just get my car together and call me to pick it up. What makes it worse is I was 3 1/2 hours away from home when I got in the accident so my car is unfortunately there so I can't just drive over and say hey WTF. The worst part of it all is there isn't an actual BMW dealership anywhere near the accident scene and my local dealership where I purchased the car originally said they wouldn't be able to even look at it until the third week in January. Well it is now the third week in january so I am starting to think that I should have just had AAA tow it here. The place it is at is a Cadillac dealership and was highly recommended so I am really hoping their work is quality but I am obviously driving straight to my local dealership to give it the old once over just to make sure all is well.

To throw a little more salt in the wounds I honestly expected to be only dealing with this for a week and since I was so far away from home I obviously needed a rental car to get home. Yeah so after hearing I should have it all done and back over a week ago I just kept the piece of crap rental car I got down there because it is another $100 to drop it off here which doesn't really make sense because I have to still go back there to pick up my car. So yeah for the last 3 weeks I have been driving this Nissan Versa Note. I am literally going insane!!!

On the bright side I have added a few more items to my mod list in all my anger I purchased a set of Bilstein b8 shocks to match with my H&R Super sports I already had and I also purchased the bavsound stage1 upgrade speaker set as well. I also think I finally settled on the exhaust I am getting and I think I am going with the remus quad exhaust. Not 100% yet about that but it is now in the lead.

So full list of mods I am anxiously waiting to install is as follows:
1. 19" x 8.5 f and 19" x 9.5 r CSL Reps (already sitting in garage)
2. Bilstein b8 shocks and struts (shipped today)
3. H & R Super Sport springs (already in garage)
4. 3d carbon fiber rear diffuser (already in garage)
5. bavsound stage 1 speaker upgrade (shipped today)
6. black kidney grills (already in garage)
7. m sport rear bumper (should be installed tomorrow)
8. carbon fiber rear spoiler ( likely will be ordered tonight)
9. remus sport exhaust quad tip (still not 100% sure but this is likely what I am going with)
10. Dinan Dinantronics (still getting over teh pain of all the above mods especially considering my car isn't even home yet, but will be purchased after exhaust)
11. going to color match my front and rear markers (obviously need car to do this)

Needless to say I am missing my car a bit ready to get my car back if you can't tell by the angry rant and list of mods. end of rant and update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Arrow View Post
I feel your pain.

Two weeks after picking up my 335, I had it parked along the curb at the bottom of a friend's driveway since I was helping him move things from his pickup truck into his house.

The person across the street from him was having HVAC work done this morning, and the workers showed up in a large box truck. When they reversed out to leave, they stabbed my beautiful new car's rear bumper with the lower part of theirs, leaving a gigantic hole in the left side. Thankfully, they knocked on my bro's door to let us know what happened. I was livid.

It was a young kid who did it, maybe 20. The motorcycle officer who showed up to take the report made fun of him for hitting "the only German car on the street"
Yeah there is nothing worse than your brand new car being damaged by someone else. It wouldn't be so bad if it was your own fault, well still sucks but at the end of the day it is your fault. To be honest though I think I would rather your situation than mine, that feeling when you hear and feel the impact and the anxiety of having to get out of the car and seeing what was actually damaged is terrible.
      01-19-2015, 08:00 PM   #9
tboooe
Brigadier General
Rep

Dude, i feel your pain but your mod list is very impressive! I am jealous. The Dinan tune is high on my list too!

I am excited for you to get your car back.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2015, 04:12 PM   #10
doobienewbiedoo
Rep

Well I finally got my car back today. Here is a little teaser photo for now. More to come

01-23-2015, 04:16 PM   #11
tboooe
Brigadier General
Rep

YES! Now get those mods on!!!! All those boxes are cluttering your garage. More pics!!!!
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2015, 04:35 PM   #12
doobienewbiedoo
Rep

I would love nothing more than to have it all done right now
Waiting to hear back from the shop as to when they can install suspension
Remus exhaust will be here thursday
Rims were installed today
The rest will be my weekend project

Unfortunately it is poring rain out right now so can't snap shots of my car

I do also need to wait until my remus gets here to install my diffuser because the stock 428i exhaust is slightly too wide. (I am actually contemplating cutting off the outer tip just to put it on lol)
      01-25-2015, 03:14 PM   #13
doobienewbiedoo
Rep

Well I have the bavsound installed, and the new black kidney grills installed. Still need to get my suspension done and haven't received my exhaust yet but should be here on Wednesday. Here is an outside shot of the progress so far
      01-25-2015, 03:30 PM   #14
CHCCubs
Colonel
Latvia
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 328i xDrive Sport

Great looking car

2013 BMW 328i xDrive Sport Line
Mineral Grey on Everest Grey
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2015, 08:51 PM   #15
bahasad
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30, E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by doobienewbiedoo View Post
Well I have the bavsound installed, and the new black kidney grills installed. Still need to get my suspension done and haven't received my exhaust yet but should be here on Wednesday. Here is an outside shot of the progress so far
Painted reflectors and tinted windows and that look will be complete. Looks great now!
      02-06-2015, 06:03 PM   #16
doobienewbiedoo
Rep

Got a little ambitious today and rolled her out for a little photo shoot:

02-06-2015, 06:09 PM   #17
PCR0303
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: AW F32

Wow that looks fantastic! Is it weird I find your car more attractive than mine? Excellent photos
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2015, 06:19 PM   #18
doobienewbiedoo
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCR0303 View Post
Wow that looks fantastic! Is it weird I find your car more attractive than mine? Excellent photos
Thanks, Ive still got to get my suspension installed one of these days and I also have my carbon fiber spoiler sitting in the garage as well. I also have a couple of other things I am thinking about doing such as wrapping the roof and mirror covers in black vinyl. After that though I might be done (most likely not though)

It isn't weird at all to find someone else car more attractive. It's actually funny I was just talking to a friend today about that. I was like man I don't get it no matter how much I love my car even if someones is extremely similar to mine I sometimes like theirs better. lol It is all about the minor details and if you are missing just 1 it might make all the difference to you. Even if you didn't even know you wanted it
      02-07-2015, 03:38 PM   #19
Jimminez
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 F31 M-Sport

Looks great and the recent pics make the lines of the car really stand out.

Past - F31 M Sport Estoril Blue - Thread - Pic

Current - 2021 Audi RS6 Avant
Appreciate 0