F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > ActiveHybrid3 - 1 Subaru WRX - 0
Studio RSR

02-14-2013, 10:31 AM   #1
Boosted John
Internet Ninja
Rep
Drives: 13 AH3

ActiveHybrid3 - 1 Subaru WRX - 0

So i was on my way home last night and I noticed that there was a new or newer WRX wagon behind me jockeying for position. He got up next to me and we cruised for just a bit and then there was no one in front of us for a little while. We looked at each other and both gave the head nod to run'em.
I put it in sport mode in anticipation of a quick race so when we had the signal to go I was ready. We were rolling at about 70mph and took it up to about 120mph. I quickly got to a car length lead and pulled some more as the speedo steadily climbed. I'm not sure if the subie was modded or if it was a STi or a regular wrx. I always thought that only STi's had the quad exhaust and so did this car but it had no STi badging.

Appreciate 0
      02-14-2013, 11:53 AM   #2
n55x3
Captain
Rep
Drives: n55 BMWs

WRX now comes with the quad pipes out back too, not just the STi. I think from a dig a stock WRX would pull a little on a stock 335i (probably an AH3 as well) to about 60-70ish. Those things are really quick from a stand still and have zero traction loss issues. Above 70ish I always felt the BMW would start pulling ahead which jives with your experience.
Appreciate 0