F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition > Let's See Your "Supplements of Choice"
Extreme Powerhouse

06-24-2015, 03:25 PM   #67
NEFARIOUS
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 330xi (TRADED IN)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsix View Post
I might get unpopular here but did any of you guy's taking supplement's ever think about side effect's?
Not kidding you guy's, I'm taling about long run side effect's. As deep under the skin laying zit's that need to get surgically removed, just one of very common surprises when using stuff like that.
Well any consulted doctor will tell you that supplement's are basically stuffed with all kind of chemical ingredient's, wich your body at an certain level can't burn efficiently ( muscle gaining )through your system anymore. It mean's basically your system tries to remove or get rid of substances as it's overfilled, so to say. Then the above side effect's occure, imagine 20+ year's later!
Some people described 1:1 side effect's as anabolic steroid cycles...depression...acne...all in all an disturbance of the vegetative nerv system.
Yep, that's why Iam totally anti-substance-abuse in any kind of way, be it anabolic steroid's or supplement's.
Just think about this one here:
Some supplement's are so sweet( to cover up the ugly taste of protein,powder creatin, amino's ) that basically destroy's alot of organ's in your system. Starting from the teeth end ending with the danger of getting diabetes...
Yep that's how it is and I have not even spoke about the tremendous stress your liver and blatter as well as your urethra is undergoing, as your body need's to get rid of stuff like that and it's not uncommon you start to get little stone's blocking your urethra because of B.S. like that.
See it that way, any mechanical component in your ///M that you put to much stress on, will fail one day...so your body is your temple, then treat it like one

Oh and one thing though, I doubt that the majority that take's supplement's or anabolic steroid's, wich is basically the same. (Drug is drug if you suck on an joint or prepare for the shot ) all the same B.S.
So to continue I highly doubt that the majority on here has an Bachelor or a doctor in chemical science to EXACTLY know what B.S. you are taking and through what hell you are pushing your body/ system through.
Oh it's free for sale on the market? Good argument...but ain't the Marlboro man, said once the same?
Guy's & girl's don't freaking swallow everything that get's thrown infront of you, get that old dusty shed that you wear on top of your throat, in operating condition and freaking start to think about consequences.
Nothing but L.O.V.E.
15 year's active, in Non comp Bodybuilding.
Depends... If you're talking about synthetic ingredients or stuff prone to abuse like steroids, of course there's the risk. Personally, I usually go organic, responsibly sourced ingredients, which doesn't harm your body at all. But of course, I'm talking about the supplementation of vitamins and nutrients that we are missing out on from our foods, since topsoil degradation started since the 1920's, and our meat-providing animals are eating stuff they're not exactly designed to digest, such as feeding cows corn instead of grass, where some farmers even have to extricate it manually via a surgically created fistula .
::THE MACHETE::
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2015, 02:07 PM   #68
vsix
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M3 E92 sold, M4 F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEFARIOUS View Post
Depends... If you're talking about synthetic ingredients or stuff prone to abuse like steroids, of course there's the risk. Personally, I usually go organic, responsibly sourced ingredients, which doesn't harm your body at all. But of course, I'm talking about the supplementation of vitamins and nutrients that we are missing out on from our foods, since topsoil degradation started since the 1920's, and our meat-providing animals are eating stuff they're not exactly designed to digest, such as feeding cows corn instead of grass, where some farmers even have to extricate it manually via a surgically created fistula .
Yep exactly if you want to discuss everything much more precisely, I'm at the same track!
That's why I stopped eating "average" discounter meat as well as breakfast meat

I found out that an cheese toast sandwich got more workout potencial then an break fast meat sandwich ( sliced salami ).
I started having abnormal stomach issues, battled with sinus, lost alot of weight, developed histamin, lactose, intolerance and to think on a workout was impossible at that time.
Then I red about an article that was about the chinese food culture, the connection's to certain illnesses because of plain and simple wrong behavior when it goes to food.
The day I stopped to eat ( trash-discounter ) meat my health began getting better and better and better. Still battling with a few problem's but I'm recovering.
We are talking about almost 20 year's of wrong food...and now my body has to sweat out that B.S.
All I say is my experience and why shouldn't I protect innocent life's when I have the oppurtunity with just taking a little life time and writing in an forum about it.
As I said, what I wrote had nothing but the best intension's.

Last edited by vsix; 06-25-2015 at 02:21 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2015, 12:40 PM   #69
NEFARIOUS
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsix View Post
Yep exactly if you want to discuss everything much more precisely, I'm at the same track!
That's why I stopped eating "average" discounter meat as well as breakfast meat

I found out that an cheese toast sandwich got more workout potencial then an break fast meat sandwich ( sliced salami ).
I started having abnormal stomach issues, battled with sinus, lost alot of weight, developed histamin, lactose, intolerance and to think on a workout was impossible at that time.
Then I red about an article that was about the chinese food culture, the connection's to certain illnesses because of plain and simple wrong behavior when it goes to food.
The day I stopped to eat ( trash-discounter ) meat my health began getting better and better and better. Still battling with a few problem's but I'm recovering.
We are talking about almost 20 year's of wrong food...and now my body has to sweat out that B.S.
All I say is my experience and why shouldn't I protect innocent life's when I have the oppurtunity with just taking a little life time and writing in an forum about it.
As I said, what I wrote had nothing but the best intension's.
Don't get me started on GMOs... People think it's this mystical wave of the future, but if you're having to change the molecular structure of a food to accept a stronger toxin, just think what the toxic residues may be doing to us. If you read up on how the US FDA operates compared to other countries, we allow FAR more harmful substances to be accepted than other countries.

My personal testimony is that I used to always be fatigued... Holding a full time job was very exhausting; I'd always have to "pay back" my sleep deficit either sleeping way early and still wrestle to get out of bed, or sleep 12 hours Saturday night onwards and be able to take a 3-hour nap, I'd always have these strange acne-like growths and dry spots on my arms, would get out of breath easily, and my already slow metabolism would become slower... Until I started eating better and supplementing, and most of these symptoms started melting away. Combined with the homeopathic weight loss remedy I'm taking, I am down 17 lbs and counting.

Last edited by NEFARIOUS; 06-29-2015 at 03:05 PM.. Reason: Expanding on FDA and GMOs
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2015, 12:51 PM   #70
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
L-O-L
      06-29-2015, 09:25 AM   #71
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

GMO gets a whole lot of things grouped into it that don't really belong there. IF you have a prize heifer, it's probably a GMO because breeders chose specific animal traits to breed to get that cow. Same with wheat, tomatoes, oranges, avocados, . . .

The thing to be worried about are those where you have cross-species GMO. I don't want my tomatoes to be so resistant to freeze because they have frog blood in them.

Just my $.02
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2015, 03:27 PM   #72
NEFARIOUS
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
GMO gets a whole lot of things grouped into it that don't really belong there. IF you have a prize heifer, it's probably a GMO because breeders chose specific animal traits to breed to get that cow. Same with wheat, tomatoes, oranges, avocados, . . .

The thing to be worried about are those where you have cross-species GMO. I don't want my tomatoes to be so resistant to freeze because they have frog blood in them.

Just my $.02
Then again, that is more selective breeding or natural mutation that just so happen to work (like how walnuts were previously toxic), rather than the meaning of colliding different genes under a microscope, which is the more specific definition of a GMO, or rather, the type of GMO that I'm talking about. Also, the cross species is noble in intent, but still going against biological nature (which I still have a big problem with), whether it's intended perfectly, a selective breeding or mutation. Again, my main problem is having to force a species to accept a foreign DNA strand collusion to be resistant to a toxin.

Now, if you have a toxin that would otherwise kill the plant and still kill whatever critter tries to eat it... Especially if biological organisms, whether humans, animals, plants and whatnot are designed to absorb stuff (experiment: put a slice of garlic on your foot [yes, foot] and tell me if you taste it 10 minutes later)... But here we are with a stored pesticide/toxin that may not be washed off the surface since again, it may be absorbed into the fruit or vegetable you're eating.

Even though it may be parts per million, does it get digested or carried out properly? Not always; it gets stored in fat since it's often the path of least resistance... Some implants (including boob jobs) are even encapsulated in fat to lessen the chances of rejection. Then when it accumulates, it'll be in a concentration big enough to start affecting people. The US FDA only allows for a short clinical trial to approve things, while other countries are a bit more rigorous. Going back to food for example: Wine grapes grown in the Palermo region of Italy is tested against 300+ pesticides, while the US is only required to test against 50 or so.

My family forced me into being a pharmacy technician during the .com bubble's burst in the early 2000s, and as a result, everything about the big pharma sickened me so much, I would rather get into $10K of student loan debt than to continue working with them another DAY. Other factors are another conversation for another time.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2015, 03:47 PM   #73
3onDubs
You live by the sword...
Rep
Drives: M4

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
For me it's ON Whey (prefer oxywhey for the taste, but cost isn't justified), ON Creatine, Fish Oil, ON Opti-Men (multi), OxyShred (for energy first thing in the morning instead of coffee), Buzz preworkout (for energy more than anything else), and food...lots of food.

I also have a stash of amino energy at work for that occasional pick me up.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2015, 05:17 PM   #74
csu87
Banned
Rep
Drives: 09 335xi

MusclePharm Casein Protein several times a day including before and after workouts.
Cellucor C4 Extreme before workouts
Multivitamins and lots of other vitamins when I remember.

I make sure to get between 250-300g of protein on workout days if Im trying to bulk up, and 150-200g on workout days if Im trying to maintain.

Also, IMO, Casein Protein has provided me with more of a clean gain, where as Whey and Whey Isolate dont provide as clean of gains. I bulk up more (maybe 2-3lbs) on Whey vs Casein, but its not all muscle.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2015, 05:22 PM   #75
3onDubs
You live by the sword...
Rep
Drives: M4

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by csu87 View Post
MusclePharm Casein Protein several times a day including before and after workouts.
Cellucor C4 Extreme before workouts
Multivitamins and lots of other vitamins when I remember.

I make sure to get between 250-300g of protein on workout days if Im trying to bulk up, and 150-200g on workout days if Im trying to maintain.

Also, IMO, Casein Protein has provided me with more of a clean gain, where as Whey and Whey Isolate dont provide as clean of gains. I bulk up more (maybe 2-3lbs) on Whey vs Casein, but its not all muscle.
Casein probably keeps you feeling full longer, which causes you to eat less.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2015, 08:33 PM   #76
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Cool

Putting in Work... Not bad for a 45yr old dude.

08-28-2015, 09:33 AM   #77
csu87
Banned
Rep
Drives: 09 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3onDubs View Post
Casein probably keeps you feeling full longer, which causes you to eat less.
Good article on the differences between protein powders (Casein vs Whey Isolate vs Whey Concentrate)

https://www.t-nation.com/supplements...the-real-story
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2015, 05:02 PM   #78
roastbeef
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

I have a few.
Attached Images

09-17-2015, 02:11 AM   #79
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW i8

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by roastbeef
I have a few.
Somebody shops at nutrishop
      10-06-2015, 02:11 PM   #80
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by roastbeef View Post
I have a few.
LOL!
      10-05-2022, 08:18 AM   #81
GTS Daddy
#Driver
Rep
Drives: '23 G80x

I tried Athletic Greens and Ancient Nutrition's greens for a short while. Both left me bloated after a couple of weeks of use. I think it was my body's reaction to the probiotics they use.

I really believe that a healthy micro-biome is vital to overall health, but alll the pro/pre-biotic supplements out there are too much for me to decipher. Decided to try Viome and go through their testing to get an analysis of my personal bio-composition. Pretty cool to discover what I should and shouldn't eat and my body's current state of overall health. I have been taking their "made-for-me" vitamins and pro/pre-biotics for a few weeks now and so far, it seems to work well with my body.

Happy to get into greater detail should anyone else care to explore any of the above options.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2022, 11:41 AM   #82
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

I want to chime in and say I have switched to a high Ph water only for a couple of weeks and I can honestly say that it seems to help with digestion at least. Less bloating and acid reflux. It is taunted to do all sorts of health benefits. But having dealt with gastritis, I've made some diet adjustments including this water. Feeling much better.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2022, 03:31 PM   #83
floridaorange
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 bmw 320i xdrive

Animal Pak, Kaged Protein, fish oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Sounds pizzagatey.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2022, 02:01 PM   #84
Kermdaddy
Rep
Drives: 2016 550I

Some of my favorites.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-31-2022, 04:08 AM   #85
Dravit Goose
Rep
Drives: G20 M340i

Using this powder I got from Costco - tastes pretty good, but slightly more expensive than traditional brands.

https://www.costco.com/orgain-usda-o...100121465.html
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2022, 09:06 AM   #86
Randy Johnson
BM3
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i

Garage List
2015 BMW  [0.00]
Time to shake it up a bit!!!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-09-2022, 03:32 PM   #87
floridaorange
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 bmw 320i xdrive

Randy you silly goose you

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Sounds pizzagatey.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2022, 01:52 PM   #88
JoeyH335i
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 335i

This is a thread that has been resurrected from the past! 7 years!

Funny that I have started to work out again to get in shape for my 50th b-day.

I used to be heavy into working out and used to take supplements back in the day when they had no ingredients.

Late night infomercials selling all kinds of stuff.
Cybergenics - no ingredients and a schedule of when to take the pills. Yellow pills, blue pills, orange pills and white pills.

Hot Stuff from the late 80s and early 90s. Used to take it after workout and that sh!t lit my veins on fire. I would get swole and veins would pop out just 30 minutes after drinking the powder. It smelled like dead powdered rotting fish!
Come to find out that had some laced steroids like dbol. It got taken off the market and reformulated after it was found out. Wasn't as effective afterwards. Lol

Currently I found out after eating like I was a teenager for the past 15 years and not going to the doctor from the same amount of time that I have high cholesterol and pre diabetes.
Luckily I have good enough genetics that I did not weigh 400 pounds.
It is pretty easy for me to gain muscle - at least it was in my 20s and 30s. I still feel I can gain lean mass quick.

So I stopped drinking any kind of sodas or carbonated drinks. I stopped eating McDonalds, Taco Bell, Wendy's and Burger King on a regular basis everyday.

I didn't eat healthy by no means to lose weight. I just stopped eating all the tasty unhealthy foods.
No more donuts, no pizza, no more tacos from taco trucks. Ya know, no more super delicious trashy food.
Drank more water and juices.
Changed my syrups, ketchups and sauces to either no sugar or low sugar.

I started this process on June 4, 2022. In the first 3 1/2 months I dropped 30 pounds from just a food change. No exercise. I wanted to see what a better food diet was going to do. I also didn't starve myself. I ate good. The next 2 months I started to have cheat meals like 2 McRib meals at once sitting. Did I mention I love trashy food.

Again, I dropped 30lbs in 3 1/2 months. I am 5 foot 10 inches.
I weighed 215 pounds when I started and weigh consistently 185 lbs now. I fluctuate 3 to 5 lbs when I cheat in the past 2 months.

I just started a workout program on September 28, 2022 and using a trainer for the first time in my life.
I used to lift weights & bodybuild but I wanted a trainer so that I can be retrained into correct techniques. I lifted heavy before just to have size but no symmetry.

Current list of crap I am taking to help me fill in the gaps of not complete nutritional meals.

Isopure Low Carb Protein Powder
PMD CG5 Creatine + Glutamine
Bucked Up Creatine Monohydrate

This is it so far for supplements.

On week three of a 2 a week gym/trainer program.
Tuesdays for alternating upper body.
Fridays for lower body only. Quads, hams, glutes and calves.
I am totally ripping my legs once a week and alternating upper body parts every other week since I can easily grow my upper body. Chest and arms one week. Back and shoulders the other week.
Core comes into play during every workout.
No cardio for now since I need to slow the loss of fat as I bulk up.
The lean muscle mass should start to reduce my fat content.

Remember that I am not just spouting some kind of health routine for anyone to follow.
This is what I know my body reacts over the years of working out then stopped.
I started playing football in 7th grade and have been training my body since I was 12 years old. I stopped when life happened 10 to 15 years ago.
Take it as you will if you have similar results.

Damn, this turned out to be a long post.
Sorry. Lol

I am just here to help!
Appreciate 0