F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Maintenance: Wash, Wax, Detailing, Repairs > Center console removal
Studio RSR

10-31-2017, 07:18 AM   #1
bluemark
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 M40i

Center console removal

Got a coffee at McDonalds today and they did not seal the cover down. As I pulled away, the overfilled cup poured all over my center console. I’ve tried to clean up as much as I can on the surface, but it’s down under the buttons and gear shift. Can the panels around this stuff be easily removed.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2017, 02:03 AM   #2
Harleybuc
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2018 440I MPPSK 6MT

I just removed the upper part of the center console last week. I'm talking about the part that the idrive controller sits on. It comes up easily with the use of a panel tool, just slide the tool under the edge of the panel and gently pry up. there are several clips holding it down but they do release easily with no damage. Just go slowly starting from one end. I started at the end under the dash and it worked out fine.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2017, 06:43 AM   #3
GoranBonn
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 330d SB

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemark View Post
Got a coffee at McDonalds today and they did not seal the cover down. As I pulled away, the overfilled cup poured all over my center console. I’ve tried to clean up as much as I can on the surface, but it’s down under the buttons and gear shift. Can the panels around this stuff be easily removed.
See this post of mine for hints how to remove the trim. The piece with the buttons for drive experience is the tricky one. But yes, you can remove all those components yourself and clean them.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2017, 07:45 PM   #4
bluemark
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoranBonn View Post
See this post of mine for hints how to remove the trim. The piece with the buttons for drive experience is the tricky one. But yes, you can remove all those components yourself and clean them.
Thanks, got it taken apart and cleaned up?
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2017, 09:44 PM   #5
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 328iX GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemark View Post
Can the panels around this stuff be easily removed.
Easily enough that I wrapped all of mine:

It's mostly clipped on, but there are a few screws that you'll need a torx bit to remove.
Appreciate 0