F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > CANADA > Premium Package on 328
Studio RSR

02-06-2013, 04:12 PM   #23
WhiteCollar
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 4 Series

Garage List
2016 BMW 428 GC  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Id8 View Post
Agreed, obviously something is better on the car and thats why people pay a huge premium. however, it just doesnt make sense why features that are standard on a car almost half the price arent on a car that is double the price. What you're saying is that the drive is so superior that they should be able to nickle and dime for every single option and im just saying i dont agree with that, thats all.
I'm not comparing the actual cars, im comparing the pricing models of the cars.
You are looking at this all wrong. BMW is not just a car to get your from A to B. If that's what you're looking for (and compare the Bimmer with) then you will be at a loss.
As an example, why would you buy a Sony 3D TV 55", latest generation, when you can watch the same TV show on a 32" RCA or Insignia TV? Quality is one, but satisfaction and comfort are priceless.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2013, 07:09 AM   #24
Id8
Rep
Drives: Coming soon

I'm not saying i disagree but rather what if the RCA 32" came with 3 HDMI ports, smart TV ready with wifi access, upgraded internal speakers, etc. and while the pic on the sony 3d was the best on the market, you had to pay extra for each hdmi port, you had to pay extra for wifi ready, you had to pay extra for upgraded sound, etc. Thats the point i was trying to make.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteCollar View Post
You are looking at this all wrong. BMW is not just a car to get your from A to B. If that's what you're looking for (and compare the Bimmer with) then you will be at a loss.
As an example, why would you buy a Sony 3D TV 55", latest generation, when you can watch the same TV show on a 32" RCA or Insignia TV? Quality is one, but satisfaction and comfort are priceless.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2013, 07:26 AM   #25
WhiteCollar
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 4 Series

Garage List
2016 BMW 428 GC  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Id8 View Post
I'm not saying i disagree but rather what if the RCA 32" came with 3 HDMI ports, smart TV ready with wifi access, upgraded internal speakers, etc. and while the pic on the sony 3d was the best on the market, you had to pay extra for each hdmi port, you had to pay extra for wifi ready, you had to pay extra for upgraded sound, etc. Thats the point i was trying to make.
Your point was equivalent to complaining about taxes. Why do we have to pay 13% when in Alberta the taxes are 5%?
In any case, feeling ripped off after you bought a car is not a feeling to live with for 4 years or more.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2013, 03:31 AM   #26
CBBMW-F30
M Performance
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i SPORT

FOR: DOPIE

You better get that checked out. My handles open within a sec when I touch the handles, on either side. I do have a little trouble with the senor when I'm wearing my winter coat.
Get back to us on the results pls!
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2013, 06:51 AM   #27
Id8
Rep
Drives: Coming soon

1. your argument comparing a gov't social tax vs. the price of a consumer luxury good doesnt make sense.
2. I dont feel ripped off, i was just portraying a point.
3. i didnt even buy the car yet and even if i had i wouldnt be feeling ripped off

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteCollar View Post
Your point was equivalent to complaining about taxes. Why do we have to pay 13% when in Alberta the taxes are 5%?
In any case, feeling ripped off after you bought a car is not a feeling to live with for 4 years or more.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2013, 09:36 AM   #28
dopie
Rep
Drives: F30 328i

Had my door handles were checked by the dealer. They said the battery was low on charge and thats why the comfort access was acting up. They've charged the battery so let's see if the problem goes away.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2013, 08:54 AM   #29
goran9
Canada
Rep
Drives: F30

Auto-dimming mirrors are a life savior. Crazy how many people drive with their high beams on!
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2013, 05:51 PM   #30
CHCCubs
Colonel
Latvia
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 328i xDrive Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by goran9 View Post
Auto-dimming mirrors are a life savior. Crazy how many people drive with their high beams on!
Agreed, between the people that drive with their highbeams on and those with illegal HID kits installed, auto-dimming mirrors are a must have around here.

2013 BMW 328i xDrive Sport Line
Mineral Grey on Everest Grey
Appreciate 0