F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > Door unlock when vehicle turned off - issues
proTUNING Freaks

09-12-2017, 09:57 AM   #1
zole2112
Modder of everything I own
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i Xdrive

Door unlock when vehicle turned off - issues

I coded the locks to unlock when the car is turned off.
FEM BODY 3040 ClMaster CLMUNLOCK KL15OFF AFTER PIA AUTO LOCK
coded to aktiv werte = 1

It was working great with all doors unlocking with shut off and using the comfort access on the drivers side.

It quit working now, the drivers door unlocks with shut off and then when I push the unlock button on the dash they all lock, 2 pushes to unlock them all.
I coded it back to nicht aktiv twice and recoded to aktiv but still not working.

Anybody run into issues like this?

Thanks!
2013 BMW 335xi F30 N55 PWG/VRSF DP/ER CP/Injen CAI/AA FMIC/JB4 map 7/Fuel= E50 w/ E85:93oct/Stock LPFP & HPFP/CATuned coilovers/Megan Racing Rear Swaybar/Powerflex Rear Subframe Bushing Inserts/Dual aFe Power Mach Force Mufflers/Resonator Delete/MHD & BMS Race BEF
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2017, 01:41 PM   #2
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

I am confused. From your description, it appears to be working. What behavior are you expecting?
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2017, 02:49 PM   #3
zole2112
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almaretto View Post
I am confused. From your description, it appears to be working. What behavior are you expecting?
It worked the first time I enabled it but it stopped working. Now I can't get it to work again even after changing from aktiv to nicht aktiv and back.

What should happen is when you push the button to turn off the car the doors all unlock and when you use the comfort unlock from outside the car on the drivers door all of the doors unlock.

What is actually happening is when you push the button to turn off the car ONLY the drivers door unlocks and not the others, also if I then push the unlock button for all doors they all lock instead including the drivers door. In addition when I use the comfort unlock from outside the car ONLY the drivers door unlocks.

Therefore it is not working when set to Aktiv.

I don't think I explained it well the first time, sorry about that.
2013 BMW 335xi F30 N55 PWG/VRSF DP/ER CP/Injen CAI/AA FMIC/JB4 map 7/Fuel= E50 w/ E85:93oct/Stock LPFP & HPFP/CATuned coilovers/Megan Racing Rear Swaybar/Powerflex Rear Subframe Bushing Inserts/Dual aFe Power Mach Force Mufflers/Resonator Delete/MHD & BMS Race BEF
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2017, 03:14 PM   #4
FaRKle!
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 328d Wagon, M2 Comp, i4 eD35

Garage List
It sounds to me like the setting in iDrive to "unlock all doors" or "unlock just the driver's door" is set to the latter.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2017, 04:13 PM   #5
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zole2112 View Post
It worked the first time I enabled it but it stopped working. Now I can't get it to work again even after changing from aktiv to nicht aktiv and back.

What should happen is when you push the button to turn off the car the doors all unlock and when you use the comfort unlock from outside the car on the drivers door all of the doors unlock.

What is actually happening is when you push the button to turn off the car ONLY the drivers door unlocks and not the others, also if I then push the unlock button for all doors they all lock instead including the drivers door. In addition when I use the comfort unlock from outside the car ONLY the drivers door unlocks.

Therefore it is not working when set to Aktiv.

I don't think I explained it well the first time, sorry about that.
I do not think your desired setting exists. It is configured in IDrive for just drivers or all doors. I do not think you can have it auto-unlock all, but only drivers with CA. Though, you are saying it did work originally as desired.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2017, 06:50 AM   #6
Whistlefist
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i Msport

It can unlock all doors when the car is turned off. I coded it on my car with comfort access and it works fine. When I pull the door handle with the car completely locked, all doors unlock. They lock automatically when driving and then unlock only after the car is stopped and engine is off.

Only thing I can think of is the previously mentioned iDrive setting making it only work for drivers vs all doors.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2017, 09:54 AM   #7
zole2112
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistlefist View Post
It can unlock all doors when the car is turned off. I coded it on my car with comfort access and it works fine. When I pull the door handle with the car completely locked, all doors unlock. They lock automatically when driving and then unlock only after the car is stopped and engine is off.

Only thing I can think of is the previously mentioned iDrive setting making it only work for drivers vs all doors.
yes, it was working on my car after I set it the first time.

either turning the car off or opening with the comfort from outside when locked resulted in all doors unlocking at the same time. It was awesome but now it stopped working.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2017, 09:55 AM   #8
zole2112
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaRKle! View Post
It sounds to me like the setting in iDrive to "unlock all doors" or "unlock just the driver's door" is set to the latter.
I'll look at the iDrive settings.

Thanks everybody!
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2017, 04:39 PM   #9
zole2112
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistlefist View Post

It was in iDrive as drivers door only, works perfect now!

Thank you all for the help!!
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2017, 06:08 PM   #10
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zole2112 View Post
It was in iDrive as drivers door only, works perfect now!

Thank you all for the help!!
Appreciate 0