F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > What options / spec you wish you never got now?
proTUNING Freaks

09-17-2013, 02:40 AM   #45
Lightsab3r
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 420D

+1
Quote:
Originally Posted by dopper99 View Post
+1 on the heated seats! I used them yesterday on my E90 cos it was a little bit nippy, first thing...
Essential if you have leather.
      09-17-2013, 02:41 AM   #46
rich1068
has left the building
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sul View Post
I am about to order brother, here is what is on my list (I am ordering 320i):
- Black leather
- Adaptive M Suspension with VSS
- HK
- Sport Steering
- Black panel

I may add:
- Sunroof
- xenon
Visibility Pack all day long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWSKI View Post
Although I must say I don't understand why anyone would not choose electric seats, especially on such a heavily specced car??? This is just my opinion of course and I guess people's priorities are different. It's funny because 'leccy seats were probably the first box ticked for me as I'm constantly tweaking depending on my mood.
I'd have liked memory seats again (my E91 had them) but it appears it's an option that adds nothing to the residual on a leased car eg metallic paint costs nothing as you add it, Pro Media though expensive adds a few quid to the monthly figure, electric seats is every penny of the £900 divided by your term.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2013, 10:49 AM   #47
gatsojon
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 CP SSII/SS

Garage List
2017 BMW M4 CP  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich1068 View Post
Visibility Pack all day long.
+1 Amazing
      09-17-2013, 05:08 PM   #48
FastLaneJB
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M760Li

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWSKI
Good write up BWRLANE. Thanks! Although I must say I don't understand why anyone would not choose electric seats, especially on such a heavily specced car??? This is just my opinion of course and I guess people's priorities are different. It's funny because 'leccy seats were probably the first box ticked for me as I'm constantly tweaking depending on my mood. It's a shame there is no half-way house where you can spec electirc without memory for less money. That is an option with Merc and its considerably cheaper. Heated seats are a given though!
There's an obvious reason not to order electric seats your clearly missing and why I didn't order them. It's because I'll be the only one that drives the car. So once it's set that's that.

My wife doesn't drive my current 330d. She's insured on it, tried it once or twice but that's that. She's not into driving and prefers her Micra that she knows she can bounce from curb to curb without incurring my wrath

So if the 330d is too big, fast and scary the 335d isn't going to be anymore likely that she'll drive it
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2013, 06:02 PM   #49
dopper99
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Golf R Mk8

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastLaneJB View Post
There's an obvious reason not to order electric seats your clearly missing and why I didn't order them. It's because I'll be the only one that drives the car. So once it's set that's that.

My wife doesn't drive my current 330d. She's insured on it, tried it once or twice but that's that. She's not into driving and prefers her Micra that she knows she can bounce from curb to curb without incurring my wrath

So if the 330d is too big, fast and scary the 335d isn't going to be anymore likely that she'll drive it
+1 agree with that, I'm in the same situation.

However, when it goes into the dealership for something, the monkeys always fiddle with the seat and I can never get it right after.

But it would be a lot of money to pay for electric seats - just for this only.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2013, 11:55 PM   #50
Flakmunky
Amateur Brain Surgeon & Olympic Knitting Champion
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E85, E92, F31, G31

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwrlane View Post
Well, yes. If I had my time again I'd get the electric adjustable seats. That's because the manual adjustments turned out to be unexpectedly fiddly and a bit of a PITA. And also because I just can't find that perfect position which is completely comfortable. After a while in any position, I feel I want to change it slightly.
My missus is 5', I'm 6' and I hate getting in the car after her... I *always* bang my head off the A-Frame...

So leccy seats were a must... Have been for my last 4 cars. BMWs implementation is the best IMO as it works off the keys / profiles. My Jag XF made you press a button in the door and wait whilst it adjusted... Not a problem you might think, unless it was pissing down!

On the F31 we test drove, my missus wasn't heavy enough to make the manual seat lower... The salesman couldn't believe it, at first he thought she wasn't pulling the lever properly!

BTW, I thought the dipping mirror was dependent on leccy seats as it requires the memory module to return to the correct position. Or am I confusing this with my old A4?
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2013, 01:16 AM   #51
dopper99
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Golf R Mk8

No, the mirror just dips on the passenger side when in reverse then returns to the normal position when you take it out of reverse - well it does on my E90 away and it sounds like the F3X does the same. Nothing to do with memory/electric seats, I haven't got them.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2013, 02:40 AM   #52
Steve C
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F31 330dx

Quote:
That was my thinking too. However, now SWMBO has driven the car once she loves it so much that she's grabbing the keys everyday!

Quote:
No, the mirror just dips on the passenger side when in reverse then returns to the normal position when you take it out of reverse - well it does on my E90 away and it sounds like the F3X does the same. Nothing to do with memory/electric seats, I haven't got them.
Correct. I have the dipping pax mirror but no electric seats.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2013, 05:11 AM   #53
FastLaneJB
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M760Li

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve C
Quote:
That was my thinking too. However, now SWMBO has driven the car once she loves it so much that she's grabbing the keys everyday!

Quote:
Correct. I have the dipping pax mirror but no electric seats.
Oh dear. You can probably fix that. Just tell her how you had a hairy moment where the back end slid out a bit on a wet day and it was only by your keen driving skill you managed to straighten it out. Suggest you love her too much for her to risk her life in your car.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2013, 05:47 AM   #54
Steve C
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F31 330dx

Nice idea but I have the x-drive version so she might see through the tail-happy story!
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2013, 08:26 AM   #55
carzaddict
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 Cadillac Escalade ESV

my car is a left over 2013 model, so i couldnt spec it the way I wanted and had to go with whatever was available with the options i really needed.

for example they only had 3 cars with the reverse camera/PDC and in Estoril blue.....non of them had xenons. but it did have the tech package (i only wanted navi).

if I could have redone it, i would have taken the $1k from the tech upgrade and added the xenons. I would have taken out the cold weather package, kept the heated front seats and added HK sound
      10-11-2013, 08:55 AM   #56
Lostplotter
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 2014 325d MSport

My new vehicle is at the port apparently is they any way to change media options post build does anyone know at all ?

I want to got Business Plus to PRO ??

Anyone know of anyone who would retrofit if it can't be done.

For info car is 2014 F30 325d MSport EB - Dealer essentially talked me out of PRO and now I'm fuming !!!!!
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2013, 09:52 AM   #57
davyk31
Major General
Rep
Drives: Macan GTS :-) & F40 M135i

I would reckon its a no to nav change once built. Dealer may let you order another car if they can sell yours to someone else. Means another wait but gets you what you want.
Appreciate 0