F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > RIP Lucien (///M Power-Belgium's father)
proTUNING Freaks

03-12-2016, 06:39 PM   #133
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscarrol View Post
Oh Philippe, so sorry to hear this. It is not easy losing your father, I lost mine back in Oct 2014. I will continue to keep you and your family in my thoughts!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmette View Post
I'm so sorry for your loss Philippe
Be strong for your mom.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtodd_fl View Post
Phillippe, I am so sorry. Words cannot express what you and your mother must be feeling. May Lucien rest forever in peace. I hope you will find strength and serenity in each other as you face the days and weeks to come. Know that you will never forget, but the pain will lessen. I will hold you and your mom in my thoughts and send wishes and strength your way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by V1.47fan View Post
My most sincere condolences to you.

I'm sure your dad lived a great life especially having a son like you by his side.
Be grateful of all the memories you shared, remember the good times and always keep him in your thoughts. May his soul rest in peace.

Your Friend
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASBSECU E93 View Post
Philippe - Sending you and your mom my thoughts and prayers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara504 View Post
I am so so so sorry. Words cannot express how sad I feel for you. We're one big family here and when youre hurting, we all are hurting. If you have an iPhone or iPad and want to iMessage me if you need someone to talk to, I'm here for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundguy1 View Post
+1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
I'm sorry sir. My thoughts are with you and yours. Travel well Lucien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW F22 View Post
My deepest and most sincere condolences Phil. Your dad is in a better place now. Rest assured that he's had a long and wonderful life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickygst View Post
So sorry to hear that my prayers are with you and your family
Quote:
Originally Posted by cays View Post
Sorry to hear that. Things will get better for you, and quicker than you think. I lost my dad to cancer not that long ago but now I only remember the good things with great fondness and affection. I never even think about when we clashed or what that was even ever about. Best wishes...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.SugarSkulls View Post
Sorry bud-

I know the feeling. When I lost my father, it was one of most numbing feelings I've ever felt.

Can't say it ever heals, but with time you learn to deal with it.

I'm here for you if you ever need advice. No matter what you do- don't be afraid to cry. Don't hold it in. That only makes things worse.

Grieve, but take comfort in knowing death spares no one.

My prayers go out to you and your family.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorLurker View Post
Sorry to hear Phil...
Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
Dit pas gelezen Philippe. Veel sterkte!
Quote:
Originally Posted by C5driver View Post
Deepest condolences to you and your family, Phil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mc-m3 View Post
I don't even know you Phil except from your posts here and this made me very sad. Take care and may everyone's support here help keep you going.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidewinderpb View Post
Jesus. I won't pretend that I can relate, but I'd like to offer my sincerest condolences. Stay strong amigo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nkc View Post
Hope you get over it soon and continue being yourself.

Celebrate the life he had and don't mourn his death.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrewthefirst View Post
So sorry man, sincere condolences to you and family.

God bless you going forward.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LRM3 View Post
Very saddened to read of this Belgie... Too many good folk are taken from this world too early. Losing a parent is one of the hardest life challenges. Know that your father is at peace now, pain free, and with you always. Find comfort in the chronicles of your childhood to everything you did for your family of current day. Realize you are and were a wonderful son! As you move forward, surround your mom with your presence and support her in every way. She'll need it. It is not easy. I don't know if it ever makes sense. But stay strong and never give in. One day at a time.

RIP to your father, Lucien, God Bless, and Godspeed.

We are here for you sir.
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimlock View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdM5 View Post
So sorry to hear Philippe

Veel sterkte gewenst
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj911 View Post
Very sorry to hear of this Phil. I went through the same thing and know how everything else feels very insignificant. Thats because it is. Family and their love is all that truly matters in this world. Cherish what you had, some never knew their parents. Its an awesome thing to see the support you have gotten through this forum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verbiage View Post
Hey Phil,

I always thought that in life, we aren't presented with the battles that we cannot handle, and that our toughest ones are endured by the strongest warriors. You have an awesome spirit, and you will get through this. Stay strong for your family, and many blessings to you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axius View Post
Your OT fam is here for you Belgie, be strong and know he is looking down on you wherever you go. You always have us to talk too for support, we've grown quite fond of you and don't want to see you upset.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fun ticket View Post
I am sorry for your loss. As others have said, stay strong and be there for your mom. Try and focus on all the good times you had with him. I have been through it myself, it just takes time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin_NL View Post
Philip, gecondoleerd man..
Ik weet hoe je je voelt, mijn moeder overleed in 2009 , 62 jaar oud na 9 jaar strijd(hersenbloeding etc). Dit brengt je niks. Maar de community hier is sterk. Ze/we zijn er voor je. Sta je moeder zoveel mogelijk bij natuurlijk. En vergeet niet dat er ook een leven is naast internet...

Nogmaals sterkte.RIP voor je pa.

Mvrgr
Robin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blksnowflake View Post
Ughhh...suddenly everything becomes insignificant and if only you had more time....
Our health is easily dismissed while being young but wow life is short.
Stay strong buddy.

RIP
Quote:
Thinking of you this morning Phil!
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Bimmer77 View Post
Phil, I am very sorry for your loss. Only time will heal. It takes a lot of understanding how life is, specially in our believes/culture. It's no easy for us. I lost my mom a couple years ago and it was devastating for me. My only relief was that she would be better wherever she was going to be than here. She went into a heart surgery and some kind of a strong bacteria kicked in. She was at the hospital for three months. Finally kidney, lungs and heart couldn't take it any more. Knowing her and from her personality she wasn't going to be good here and that's how I been healing my soul. That's what kept me strong and willing to continue this journey. My suggestion: Take it little by little. It's not easy but you can do it. Think about the good moments with him. Talk to him. He will always be there for you. Also don't forget your mom. She needs you more than ever. I send you my deep condolences and prayers are with you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
My condolences. I know that pain, as do many here. Always very difficult to lose a parent.

After my father died I asked a friend who had lost his father the year before when the sense of loss goes away. He said, "It never gets better. It's just gets less bad."

Those words have proven to be true. It's been 6 years since my father passed and I still miss him terribly. But at least now I can think of the times we had together without feeling a profound sense of sorrow.

Hang in there. Remember the good times and be glad you had him for a father.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
IF you can't, I already shed a few tears for you

As long as he is in your heart, he is never truly gone. That shell you put in the ground is just that, a shell. Lucien is more than that, and stays alive as long as you continue to speak of the great things he did in your life, and the joys, sorrows, and fears you shared.
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagon View Post
I am very sorry to hear that.

My condolences to you and your family, Philippe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
Very sorry for your loss.
Quote:
Originally Posted by F30lolz View Post
Belgium, I am so sorry for your loss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobb View Post
So sorry for your loss.

Having lost my own father I have an understanding of what you are going through.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
Wow sorry to hear that brother.. Nothing I can say to make the grief go away but hang in there bro.. Again sorry for your loss and I wish you and your family the best.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CANGRKE70 View Post
Hey Philippe, there is a Greek saying that I've had to unfortunately say more often this last year, but it reminds us to think of the good times we had with the person. Zoi se sas, na ton thimaste - Life to you, may you remember him. Travel well Lucien!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
I love this, I've always imagined a person dying only after they have been forgotten, not when the heart stops.

I've lost everyone I've ever loved, besides the family I've created. At the end of the most horrible loss I've lost my living family too but I've learned one thing in the last 5 years I value more than anything before that time.

Someone smarter than me said a long ago that it is better to love and lose than to never love at all. As stupid as it sounds, it is a perfect sentence and at the times ive been bitter and angry at the world, or sleepless with nightmares because of my personal history, I thought of it a lot.

I wouldn't trade the rough times nor the hells I've been through. The only thing I fear nowadays is turning so cold I couldn't love again. As a testimony to the people who has formed my heart, that is the best thing I can say.

I'm sorry Phil for your loss, but in time you'll realize how much you gained from him and you will take him forward and keep him alive.

A human life is short and unpredictable. Their influence in us is what moves the world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kent11202 View Post
If I may add my heartfelt condolences on your loss. If I may, I'd like to ad to what Lups posted about better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.

There's another saying - Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UglyBuzzard View Post
Sorry for your loss. Best wishes for you, family, and friends...
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
Very sorry for your loss, Philippe. My sincerest condolences to you and your family.
Quote:
Originally Posted by leopard print View Post
I'm so sorry for your loss. Best wishes to you and yours.

I don't mean to turn it around and make things about me, but I'm writing this while sitting in the hospital next to my father. He's been in and out for a a little over a year now and in pretty rough shape. I know what you're going/went through. It's tough, but hang in there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike. View Post
ah fuck. Sorry man
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimlock View Post
Hang in there, Phil. He is watching you from above.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
I know.
If you need to talk, you know how to contact me.

Remember that he died, but you live. Remember that in your memories, he lives.

I'm truly sorry Philippe, it is a rough ride.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daftasabrush View Post
I know we don't know each other but I (think) I completely understand what you're going through. This may read a bit self indulgent but that's not the goal.

My father died of cancer after a relatively brief battle 6 years ago, to my mother, he was everything, she was hopeless without him. He understood everything, he sorted everything, he was very well respected in his field and no one could say a bad word about him.

Whilst I have a sibling, I had to handle everything (death certificates, will etc) because no one else could. I effectively became the man of the family overnight. (one grandfather passing shortly before my father's death and one shortly after).

The next few weeks were tough, horribly so. I then realised my mother had changed quite significantly (and not just stricken with grief, despite doctors saying it was this). After several trips to the doctors I convinced them to do an MRI which revealed she had a brain tumour which was blocking drainage of cerebral fluid and there was now more fluid than brain in her head. They operated twice, in the space of 48 hours and almost instantly she was back to normal. I'm still not convinced she's ok (but scans says she is), and she certainly misses my father on a daily basis (as do all of us tbh). A few weeks later, after dealing with my father's estate, I found my best friend lying dead, naked on his bathroom floor after he'd failed to manage his diabetes.

This was a terrible year for me, I'm sure there are other ways it could have gone worse, but at the time it really didn't seem like it.

Now to my point (sorry it took so long). That year was monumentally shit, in every foreseeable way (I crashed my cars 4 times as well), but I came out of it ok. My family (what remains) is well, my friends (I've made several new ones) are fantastic, my new family is amazing, I'm getting married this year and work has improved dramatically. There's days where I wish I could tell my father what I'd done that day, what I'd achieved, talk about cars etc, but I can't, and to be honest, it's just one of those things. Everyone says time is a great healer and I agree to some degree, but I don't think it heals. It softens the blow and as time goes on I can look back on that year without crying (mostly). It will never heal it though, that will always be a memory of dire circumstance and nothing will ever fix that.

Cling on to the dear memories you hold, look after and love your family and don't let it eat away at you. Distractions can be great but don't let them stop you grieving and don't feel bad for doing so. Everyone grieves in their own way and you can't do it wrong. Personally I pretty much spent the entire year high as a kite - I don't recommend it, but it worked for me.

Good luck Philippe, RIP Lucien and trust me, it *will* get better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtodd_fl View Post
Philippe. Remember that all of this is almost over. When it is, take the time you need to grieve with your mother and don't worry about anything else. Don't worry if you cannot answer every letter. Don't worry if you cannot tell everyone what is happening. After the funeral day, your only responsibility is to yourself and your mother. Take care of yourself. It will get easier, and as Lups says, he will live on forever in the minds and hearts of the lives he touched.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shredicus View Post
Jeez man, so sorry to hear this. My sincere condolences and I wish you and your family well during this difficult time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EstorilM View Post
So sorry for you loss
My thoughts are with you and your family!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragged Edge View Post
My heart goes out to you, Philippe, and your mum at this difficult time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
So sad to read this thread. Our thoughts & prayers are with you and your family, Philippe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsix View Post
I'm really sad to hear these devastating news.
Philippe, please accept my deepest condolences to you and your family.

I believe that we all will see us again one day, when this halluzination in that we are living in is over.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattivo View Post
My condolences go out to you and your family brother
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LRM3 View Post
Phil, checking in on you sir and hoping that you and mom are managing through these truly difficult days.... your peanut gallery is still here and will support you. Breathe. Eat. Sleep. Breathe.
First I want to say..
There are not enough words to express how much I appreciate the kind words from you guys .
I never thought I would receive so much support and concern from my Bimmerpost friends from all over world ,PM's ect..
Thank you so much to all the people in this thread ! (This also from my mother)
I will never forget this !

The funeral update..
We/I received +/- 120 people , family , friends , and colleagues .
The organisation from the funerarium was again outstanding , everything was organized in perfection !
The atmosphere was typical for a funeral ...I saw only people with really sad faces .
It was really beautiful , the flowers , the dicipline ect..But I was there, sadly for something else..
After the funerarium we went to the cemetary , with the sun in the blue sky but with a strong cold wind .
That's all that I want to say about the cemetary because I really hate that place .
After the cemetary we went to the coffee table and it was also just perfect .
Here a couple pics of the funerarium ..
And a picture from last year from my father "Lucien" in better times (I took a copy from the picture of his funerarium prayer card )
May my father's soul rest in peace ..

Thank you guys ,
-Philippe .
Attached Images

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.

Last edited by ///M Power-Belgium; 03-12-2016 at 06:53 PM..
Appreciate 14
      03-13-2016, 03:43 PM   #134
Axius
Banned
Seychelles
Rep
Drives: 612 Scaglietti

God bless, bud. The only things certain in our time is life and death. You seem like a strong family, and that in itself is something to be grateful for, not everyone has that closeness.

Stay strong bud, he's always around, so keep doing what you do to make him proud.
Appreciate 1
      03-13-2016, 04:09 PM   #135
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axius View Post
God bless, bud. The only things certain in our time is life and death. You seem like a strong family, and that in itself is something to be grateful for, not everyone has that closeness.

Stay strong bud, he's always around, so keep doing what you do to make him proud.
Thank you for the support my friend ! ( And everyone in this thread )
I never expected it was so hard..You know lack of sleep ...lack of appetite , and digestive problems .
The human mind is really powerfull ,I felt that the last week with all the problems ..and I forgot even the day and date .
I drove this afternoon along the cemetary ,pushed on my brake pedal and thought....no , I don't want to see it again .
Try to lurk on Bimmerpost to change my mind , perhaps it helps ..

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2016, 04:32 PM   #136
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: A car

What a great support system you have in Belgium and now around the world. We love you so much and we are thinking of you every single day. Your Dad is watching over you. Make him proud
Appreciate 1
      03-13-2016, 04:53 PM   #137
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
What a great support system you have in Belgium and now around the world. We love you so much and we are thinking of you every single day. Your Dad is watching over you. Make him proud
Yes the support system of the funerarium was great , but only when money talks and that's Belgium because everything is really expensive over here .
The fenerarium was only 5 miles away from our location and I knew they are perfect and I don't care about the money because I wanted only the best for my father .
Thank you Sara for the support !
Love you too ..
-Philippe .

Appreciate 1
      03-14-2016, 06:53 AM   #138
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: F80 ZCP 6MT, R55 Clubman S 6MT

You the man, Phil.

My delivery experience and beach photoshoot here.
Appreciate 1
      03-14-2016, 07:21 AM   #139
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verbiage View Post
You the man, Phil.
Thank you brother !

Appreciate 1
      03-14-2016, 02:27 PM   #140
Lucky John
Out to Lunch
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1965 Land Rover Series 2A

Phil, I was sorry to see this. You have my deepest condolences on the loss of your father. Your mother will need you during this time period. Stand tall and take good care of her and your family. Sincerely, John
Appreciate 1
      03-14-2016, 04:14 PM   #141
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky John View Post
Phil, I was sorry to see this. You have my deepest condolences on the loss of your father. Your mother will need you during this time period. Stand tall and take good care of her and your family. Sincerely, John
I will , Thank you John for the kind words !
Tomorrow morning 4:30 AM back to work ,my work needs a lot of concentration and I hope to handle it just like before .

Appreciate 0
      03-15-2016, 10:25 AM   #142
passing
hey
Tanzania
Rep
Drives: caprice wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
I will , Thank you John for the kind words !
Tomorrow morning 4:30 AM back to work ,my work needs a lot of concentration and I hope to handle it just like before .
hi lunch buddy... i am terribly sorry to hear about your loss. though a majority of us do not have a physical (no homo) connection, the feels are strong today.

will be thinking of you during my lunch today.
Appreciate 1
      03-15-2016, 02:33 PM   #143
Whostheboss
Captain
Rep
Drives: a 9incher

God Bless him bro. RIP to the big man.

You'll be ok. Your future will become better each day Belg. I barely know you, i've only read a few comments from you, you seem like a nice guy.