F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > BMW at Tokyo Motorshow 2013
proTUNING Freaks

11-08-2013, 03:58 PM   #1
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

BMW at Tokyo Motorshow 2013

BMW @ The Tokyo Autoshow 2013.

The dawn of a new age of individual mobility, a further aesthetical highlight in the mid-range segment and fascinating perspectives for extremely sporty driving pleasure will mark the presence of premium car manufacturer BMW at the Tokyo Motor Show 2013.
The international automobile show, which is taking place for the 43rd time, is showplace for the Japan premiere of the purely electrically powered BMW i3 and the plug-in hybrid sports car BMW i8, as well as the world premiere of the BMW 4 Series Convertible. Furthermore, the BMW Concept M4 Coupe offers a preview of the next generation of exceptional high-performance sports cars. In addition, the new BMW X5, the BMW Concept Active Tourer Outdoor and the BMW R nineT will be making their first appearance at an Asian car show.
At the Tokyo Motor Show being staged from 22 November to 1 December 2013, exhibitors from all over the world will be presenting their latest model innovations, concepts and technological developments to the general public. The venue for the show is the Big Sight International Exhibition Centre, which was built on the island of Odaiba in Tokyo Bay and first used as a location for the competitive exhibition of the international automotive sector in 2011. The Tokyo Motor Show is one of the world’s most significant motor shows and is held every two years. In 2011, the organisers recorded around 850,000 visitors to the exhibition grounds.

BMW 4 Series Convertible: Open-top driving pleasure redefined.
The world premiere of the BMW 4 Series Convertible marks the beginning of a new era of open-air driving pleasure. Thanks to its specific design vocabulary, the open-top four-seater stands out significantly from mid-range models of the BMW 3 Series. Unique aesthetics and the noticeable increase in size compared to the predecessor model give the BMW 4 Series Convertible an expressive presence. The three-part, folding hardtop guarantees the highest degree of everyday suitability all year round. When closed, it offers enhanced acoustic comfort and opens in less than 20 seconds at the push of a button. At market launch, there will be a choice of a straight six-cylinder petrol engine, a four-cylinder petrol engine and a four-cylinder diesel power unit with an output ranging from 135 kW/184 hp to 225 kW/306 hp.

BMW i starting off with two models: Electric mobility with the BMW i3 and the BMW i8.
With the simultaneous presentation of its first purely electrically powered production vehicle and the world’s most progressive sports car of the present time, the BMW i brand is demonstrating a broad spectrum of future-oriented vehicle concepts. Both models represent a new form of premium characteristics that are sharply defined by sustainability. The electric motors and lithium-ion high-voltage batteries were developed by the BMW Group for use in each specific model. A further distinctive feature conceived exclusively for BMW i is the LifeDrive vehicle architecture, which includes a passenger compartment made of carbon-fibre reinforced plastic (CFRP), thereby contributing significantly towards weight optimisation.
The BMW i3, which is scheduled to be launched in Japan in the spring of 2014, is the first premium automobile designed right from the start to be powered solely by electricity, rendering it entirely emission-free. The five-seater car, which boasts pathbreaking BMW i design language, offers a generous amount of interior space and four seats. It is powered by a 125 kW/170 hp electric motor and achieves a range of between 130 and 160 kilometres (approx. 80 and 99 miles) in everyday traffic conditions. The optional two-cylinder combustion engine assumes the function of a range extender with which vehicle range can be increased to up to 300 kilometres.
The BMW i8 will also arrive on the market in 2014 as a sports car of a new generation. It combines the dynamics of a high-performance sports car with the fuel consumption and emission levels of a small car. The BMW i8 is a 2+2-seater featuring a visionary design and an intelligent lightweight construction, facilitating not only emission-free driving in the urban environment, but also sporty performance on country roads and motorways. The vehicle’s plug-in hybrid system comprises a supercharged three-cylinder petrol engine with BMW TwinPower Turbo Technology delivering 170 kW/231 hp and BMW eDrive technology in the form of a 96 kW/131 hp electric motor. With the power of both engines, the BMW i8 sprints from 0‒100 km/h (60 mph) in just 4.4 seconds. Average fuel consumption according to the EU test cycle for plug-in hybrids is 2.5 litres/100 kilometres, the respective CO2 emission level being 59 grams/kilometre.

The new BMW X5: Sports Activity Vehicle built to perfection.
The BMW X5 was and still is the world’s first and most successful Sports Activity Vehicle (SAV). In its third generation, it presents itself with a distinctive and aerodynamically optimised design, up to 90 kilograms less weight depending on equipment options on board (EU specification). The new BMW X5 is more luxurious and versatile than ever and impresses over and above with increased performance and ever better fuel economy.

BMW Concept Active Tourer Outdoor: Innovative concept, advanced drive technology, innovative detail solutions.
The BMW Concept Active Tourer Outdoor demonstrates the best prerequisites for capturing a further vehicle segment. This concept car combines advanced plug-in hybrid drive technology, compact dimensions and an exceptionally variable interior into a new manifestation of brand-typical driving pleasure supplemented by intelligent detail solutions for leisure activities.

BMW Concept M4 Coupe: Concentrated motor racing genes.
When shown to the general public at the Tokyo Motor Show 2013, the BMW Concept M4 Coupe will demonstrate immediatelynoticeable, high-performance characteristics. The athletic and dynamic concept car combines motor racing genes and everyday suitability into an extremely emotional overall concept in the unmistakable style of the BMW M GmbH. The powerfully shaped front end with large air intakes, dynamic side lines and a sporty, flat rear end signal phenomenal performance and precisely controllable handling. CFRP elements such as the front splitter, the roof or the rear diffuser underscore consistent lightweight construction as a further measure towards achieving fascinating performance.

The BMW Motorrad nineT: Fascination and emotion from 90 years of BMW Motorrad.
On the occasion of the anniversary “90 Years of BMW Motorrad”, the BMW R nineT is presenting itself in a classic but nevertheless ultra modern form. The “cafe racer” combines the original charm of the 81 kW (110 hp) boxer engine and puristic design vocabulary from various BMW Motorrad eras with innovative technology and a modular concept that offers maximum possibilities for individualisation.
      11-08-2013, 04:08 PM   #2
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Thanks Scott, will the new MINI be there too?
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2013, 05:13 PM   #3
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep

Yes the new MINI will be unveiled in London , Shanghai , Los Angeles and Tokyo.
Attached Images

11-15-2013, 05:18 PM   #4
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep

What BMW World Premiere is coming next week at the Tokyo Motor Show.

Alpina also have a World Premiere in Tokyo.
      11-20-2013, 11:04 AM   #5
yousefnjr
salty cowboys fan
Rep
Drives: ‘06 Z4MR, ‘20 X7, ‘22 M4x

I thought details on the BMW-Toyota partnership were coming in Tokyo? Any word?
Appreciate 0