F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Help please.
GetBMWParts

01-09-2013, 02:40 PM   #133
NISFAN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30AM View Post
There Are None So Blind
As Those Who Will Not See
Quite
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2013, 04:22 PM   #134
sdb123
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F48 X1 M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobUK View Post
and it had lots of unscheduled visits to the dealer. In fact when I went to pick the car up (new) it had the wrong alloys on it, the centre caps were missing and believe it or not, the centre brake light was completely missing! They fixed it but I had to wait 2 hours, then a fortnight later it fell out and the dealer said they couldn't book the car in for a week and to tape over the hole in the meantime!! How's that for Audi quality & service

Now that's shocking!

My best friend and his partner are both VAG employees and every new car they have owned on the employee programme bar one (out of twelve so far) has had to go back into the workshop ....really bad to be honest.

The most common faults seem to be electrics/loom related a lot of the time. They've had fog lights coming on when in reverse, reverse lights coming on when indicating, putting the stereo on made the passenger window go down....all sorts. These kind of faults have to be seen to be believed!
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2013, 09:02 AM   #135
F30AM
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M Sport sDrive

Seats:

Well, got the baggy driver seat leather fixed. Totally perfect. It seems it was very easy to fix. Joan Rivers would be proud of the stretch! I've asked them to do all the other seats, front and back.

I'll send before and after pictures to the muppets at BMW and to the Dealer who refused to help. These people are worse than useless in my eyes. They need retraining.

Rear Bumper paint mismatch:

Showed it to another dealer and paint expert. Yes, there is a paint mismatch. This varies from car to car and is very colour dependent with Estoril Blue II being a prime offender.

I'll wait for someone to hit me in the rear or I'll probabaly reverse into something due to the inadequate performance of the rear parking sensors. I'll get it fixed on Insurance and hopefully get a better paint match.
      01-12-2013, 10:03 AM   #136
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Quote:
Seats:

Well, got the baggy driver seat leather fixed. Totally perfect. It seems it was very easy to fix. Joan Rivers would be proud of the stretch! I've asked them to do all the other seats, front and back.

I'll send before and after pictures to the muppets at BMW and to the Dealer who refused to help. These people are worse than useless in my eyes. They need retraining.

Showed it to another dealer and paint expert. Yes, there is a paint mismatch. This varies from car to car and is very colour dependent with Estoril Blue II being a prime offender.

I'll wait for someone to hit me in the rear or I'll probabaly reverse into something due to the inadequate performance of the rear parking sensors. I'll get it fixed on Insurance and hopefully get a better paint match.
Well one result anyway, I would wait and see what the paint looks like in sunlight it make look ok.
      01-12-2013, 10:16 AM   #137
F30AM
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbmw6 View Post
Well one result anyway, I would wait and see what the paint looks like in sunlight it make look ok.
It was interesting today. Got 8 people to look at it. The result was a 6:2 in favour of paint mismatch.
      01-12-2013, 11:54 AM   #138
JOHNBMWM5
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
It was interesting today. Got 8 people to look at it. The result was a 6:2 in favour of paint mismatch.
I have not got this on my car the paint is a good match, I have looked at some others and have not found any profound differences to my eye
      01-12-2013, 12:15 PM   #139
Isow
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G20 330i MSport

Quote:
Seats:

Congrats on getting the leather fixed, how did they do it ?
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2013, 01:25 PM   #140
F30AM
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isow View Post
Congrats on getting the leather fixed, how did they do it ?
Thanks.

Have no idea. A hair dryer? Like this:

They fix leather and re-trim Bentlys, Ferraris, Lambos, Rolls Royces, Porsches, Range Rovers etc.

There were so many of the above there today. It was like a sweet shop of exotic cars. There was also one Veyron Super Sport. My BMW was the cheapest car in their garage.

Last edited by F30AM; 01-12-2013 at 01:33 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2013, 01:27 PM   #141
m1kal
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335i M-Sport

Dayym
      01-12-2013, 05:08 PM   #142
Isow
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G20 330i MSport

Quote:
Thanks.

Have no idea. A hair dryer? Like this:

They fix leather and re-trim Bentlys, Ferraris, Lambos, Rolls Royces, Porsches, Range Rovers etc.

There were so many of the above there today. It was like a sweet shop of exotic cars. There was also one Veyron Super Sport. My BMW was the cheapest car in their garage.
Is it a permanent fix, or will the seats end up baggy again ?
Do you mind telling us how much you paid ?
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2013, 07:22 PM   #143
F30AM
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

ISOW: They should now start life in a better state as the leather now fits snugly over the foam unterneath. Zero bagginess. They look perfect and as they should have been in the first place. They don't go shapeless when you perch on them like they used to. Great. I have not had the full bill as yet, but I think it could be around £300 + VAT.
      01-13-2013, 03:20 AM   #144
Spacebug
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2013 F31 320D M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30AM
ISOW: They should now start life in a better state as the leather now fits snugly over the foam unterneath. Zero bagginess. They look perfect and as they should have been in the first place. They don't go shapeless when you perch on them like they used to. Great. I have not had the full bill as yet, but I think it could be around 300 + VAT.
Are you going to pursue BMW for the cost of getting them into a state they should have been in when you received the car? I would.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2013, 04:29 AM   #145
JOHNBMWM5
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacebug View Post
Are you going to pursue BMW for the cost of getting them into a state they should have been in when you received the car? I would.
Me too.
      01-13-2013, 05:05 AM   #146
F30AM
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Spcebug & johnbmw6:

I've been able to get my teeth into these issues because I was on annual leave for 3 weeks. I'm back to work on Monday 14th Jan, damn tomorrow, with crazy clinic lists. Will I have the time? I sure will make time as it has now become a matter of principle.

I will write a letter to all culpable parties with a bill. I will also inform them that if they cannot re-imburse me for wasting my time, causing me unnecessary trouble, stress and expense, I will take them to a small claims court. I'll have a word wih my lawyer friends.
      01-13-2013, 05:54 AM   #147
dopper99
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Golf R Mk8

Threaten to go to the press, either a motoring mag or local rag. Hopefully BMW wont want the negative publicity and will want to sort it without fuss.
You have the before and after photos and the bill to get it fixed as well as evidence that BMW didnt want to know.
Its worth a try and you have nothing to lose - and maybe £300+ to gain.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2013, 06:12 AM   #148
F30AM
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopper99 View Post
Threaten to go to the press, either a motoring mag or local rag. Hopefully BMW wont want the negative publicity and will want to sort it without fuss.
You have the before and after photos and the bill to get it fixed as well as evidence that BMW didnt want to know.
Its worth a try and you have nothing to lose - and maybe £300+ to gain.
They could have sorted the seats very easily if they wanted to. What really annoyed me was the litany of half truths, some downright lies, misinformation and utter cussedness. I got a different story every time I called BMW Berry. The supplying dealer was more amenable, but then he went the same way once BMW got involved. They seemed to be running scared. The primary offender was The Service Manager, Berry BMW, who did everything he could to scupper a solution. Basically, he told me so as he felt there was nothing wrong at all. I might take him personally to a small claims court!

Last edited by F30AM; 01-19-2013 at 09:28 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2013, 06:16 AM   #149
JOHNBMWM5
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Spcebug & johnbmw6:

I've been able to get my teeth into these issues because I was on annual leave for 3 weeks. I'm back to work on Monday 14th Jan, damn tomorrow, with crazy clinic lists. Will I have the time? I sure will make time as it has now become a matter of principle.

I will write a letter to all culpable parties with a bill. I will also inform them that if they cannot re-imburse me for wasting my time, causing me unnecessary trouble, stress and expense, I will take them to a small claims court. I'll have a word wih my lawyer friends.
Try this harkan.suleyman@bmw.co.uk This is the guy you need to contact.

EDITED to put the name right.

Last edited by JOHNBMWM5; 01-14-2013 at 04:40 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2013, 06:22 AM   #150
JOHNBMWM5
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
The primary offender was The Service Manager, Berry BMW, who did everything he could to scupper a solution. Basically, he told me so as he felt there was nothing wrong at all. I might take him personally to a small claims court!
An extreme you will not have to take, get in touch with Harkan Suleyman at BMW CS, explain and he will help, I having listed his email above.

Last edited by JOHNBMWM5; 01-14-2013 at 04:40 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2013, 06:45 AM   #151
F30AM
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

John: Many, many thanks.
I just want to start enjoying my BMW which I will once I collect it either tomorrow or Saturday. It's safe where it is.
BTW, they've treated the leather so it is more supple. Also, protected it.
      01-13-2013, 07:28 AM   #152
zofinger
Major
England
Rep
Drives: F30 335d MSport

F30AM - you shouldn't have to go through this for a £40k purchase. Whatever you said was wrong, they should have sorted. Car salesman give their colleagues awful an reputation behaving like this and the more customers don't trust them, the more they become less helpful. I went into a restaurant and spent £80 on a steak. Because it wasn't cooked just how i liked it they had no qualms sending it back and doing me a new one. £40k on a car...shame on them.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2013, 01:52 PM   #153
F30AM
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zofinger View Post
F30AM - you shouldn't have to go through this for a £40k purchase. Whatever you said was wrong, they should have sorted. Car salesman give their colleagues awful an reputation behaving like this and the more customers don't trust them, the more they become less helpful. I went into a restaurant and spent £80 on a steak. Because it wasn't cooked just how i liked it they had no qualms sending it back and doing me a new one. £40k on a car...shame on them.
Love your forum name.

They are shameless and shameful with no customer focus. The way I feel at presnt, they are not worth spitting on.
      01-19-2013, 09:05 AM   #154
F30AM
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Baggy seat before:

Fixed and perfect:

All seats done and now perfect. Fixed by Auto Audio, Park Royal, London. Cost £170 +VAT