F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge > !!! 2016 Nfl Season Thread !!!
Studio RSR

10-23-2016, 11:13 PM   #551
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW i8

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
Both teams should be banned from league
No, both kickers should be castrated
      10-24-2016, 02:26 AM   #552
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
I still don't know how to feel.

Like- in my 28 years of life....I've never had to feel when my sports team ties. I don't even know if I said that right.

It's like do we shake hands? Do we say yes! Or do we hang our heads in our offensive ineptitude?

What just happened?
      10-24-2016, 10:19 AM   #553
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Vikings now start the inevitable grind to a POSSIBLE WC berth, only to lose in the first round. Unless we play the seahawks, then second round.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2016, 10:30 AM   #554
CantCatchMe
Lieutenant Colonel
Romania
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i xdrive msport(E92)

What a Sunday it was.

The Lions being led by possibly an MVP candidate in Stafford to their third straight win. With that said, this team needs to play better on the road. The defense is playing slightly better but their pass rush and corners are still suspect.

I'm happy Philip Rivers finally getting some wins. This guy is underappreciated in SD and maybe the entire league. The talent level around him has been okay until last year when they drafted Melvin Gordon. It sucks Keenan Allen is out but Tyrell Williams is stepping up. I was hoping that kid would start to shine. I still believe the best two all around running backs are Gordon and Bell. Anyways, I'm glad they beat the Falcons! Maybe those wheels are going to begin falling off. Maybe that division will be won in single digit wins, well I hope for the Panthers haha.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2016, 11:08 AM   #555
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantCatchMe View Post
What a Sunday it was.

The Lions being led by possibly an MVP candidate in Stafford to their third straight win. With that said, this team needs to play better on the road. The defense is playing slightly better but their pass rush and corners are still suspect.
Stafford will be a legitimate MVP candidate if Detroit somehow weasels its way into the WC. However, given their (a) mediocre coach in Caldwell, (b) below average defense, (c) no rushing attack, and (d) general outlook of the NFC (lot of competitive teams this year) I don't see the Lions doing better than 8-8. Stafford, Rivers, and Matt Ryan are IMO three guys who would have Super Bowl appearances if they played with great organizations. Poor Stafford, drafted to the worst organization in the history of all professional sports and coached by Gym Shorts and "deer-in-the-headlights" Caldwell his entire career.

Quinn needs to hire a legit coach next offseason and bolster that defense.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2016, 11:33 AM   #556
CantCatchMe
Lieutenant Colonel
Romania
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
Stafford will be a legitimate MVP candidate if Detroit somehow weasels its way into the WC. However, given their (a) mediocre coach in Caldwell, (b) below average defense, (c) no rushing attack, and (d) general outlook of the NFC (lot of competitive teams this year) I don't see the Lions doing better than 8-8. Stafford, Rivers, and Matt Ryan are IMO three guys who would have Super Bowl appearances if they played with great organizations. Poor Stafford, drafted to the worst organization in the history of all professional sports and coached by Gym Shorts and "deer-in-the-headlights" Caldwell his entire career.

Quinn needs to hire a legit coach next offseason and bolster that defense.
When I moved from NC to Michigan, I couldn't believe how bad this organization really was because I wasn't from here. I saw a bit of the Barry Sanders years but the fact remained they were inconsistent during the 90's. One playoff win 55+ years is embarrassing. The Panthers have had more success in 21 years compared to the Lions huge history. Caldwell has been better than Schwartz, Marinelli, Mariucci, and Mornhinweg. I expected a 9-7 season on paper but of course it's the Lions so they are always doing the opposite. We have a saying here in Michigan haha, SOL(Same Old Lions).

My buddy is from ATL, and he was talking so much after going 3-1. He was saying how they're a SB contender but I kept telling him he was going to see them start to blow it like last year. Their offense is so good but their defense is below average. I told him you need to be able to run the ball and play good defense in order to contend, for the most part.
VRSF 7" IC, VRSF CP, aFe panel filter, VRSF DP, Pure Inlet Pipe, MHD/Twisted Tuned, Performance Exhaust, Koni Yellows on Eibach Pro Kit springs, Turner adjustable front endlinks, R1 Concepts Slotted Rotors w/ Hawk 5.0 pads, VMR's 710, Fuel It Stage 2 LPFP, 3.5 TMAP, CYBA 3.8" black chrome exhaust tips, Orange Vinyl Wrap, CF bits, coding, Pure Stage 2 turbo w/ DV+(NGK plugs), xHP trans flash, and more.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2016, 12:10 PM   #557
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

alright, how many of you were duped into watching that 6-6 pee-wee game last night?

This just shows the NFL should adopt the college overtime rules.
      10-24-2016, 12:10 PM   #558
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Some great highlights
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2016, 12:32 PM   #559
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Lightbulb

I am no fan of either team but I definitely dislike the Hawks more. That being said... The game itself was lame as F***! And also, that was not a TD by the Cards. I paused my TV and took this pic. Runners foot clearly landed out of bounds prior to the ball crossing the Goal Line.
Attached Images

10-24-2016, 12:33 PM   #560
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

EDIT... I say clearly. But one would have to pause the action at the right moment to see this. Game speed it was impossible to tell.
      10-24-2016, 12:59 PM   #561
VRG_135
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Silver 135 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace View Post
alright, how many of you were duped into watching that 6-6 pee-wee game last night?

This just shows the NFL should adopt the college overtime rules.
The rules have gone too far in favor of the passing game. I watched a little bit of the jets Arizona game last week, about three or four plays. Total turn off with a little dump passes. I think ratings would go up if more teams ran the ball like the Cowboys.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2016, 01:23 PM   #562
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
I am no fan of either team but I definitely dislike the Hawks more. That being said... The game itself was lame as F***! And also, that was not a TD by the Cards. I paused my TV and took this pic. Runners foot clearly landed out of bounds prior to the ball crossing the Goal Line.
BOTH offenses deserved a L.

Inept.
      10-24-2016, 01:53 PM   #563
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.SugarSkulls View Post
BOTH offenses deserved a L.

Inept.
Agreed!
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2016, 02:28 PM   #564
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantCatchMe View Post
When I moved from NC to Michigan, I couldn't believe how bad this organization really was because I wasn't from here. I saw a bit of the Barry Sanders years but the fact remained they were inconsistent during the 90's. One playoff win 55+ years is embarrassing. The Panthers have had more success in 21 years compared to the Lions huge history. Caldwell has been better than Schwartz, Marinelli, Mariucci, and Mornhinweg. I expected a 9-7 season on paper but of course it's the Lions so they are always doing the opposite. We have a saying here in Michigan haha, SOL(Same Old Lions).

My buddy is from ATL, and he was talking so much after going 3-1. He was saying how they're a SB contender but I kept telling him he was going to see them start to blow it like last year. Their offense is so good but their defense is below average. I told him you need to be able to run the ball and play good defense in order to contend, for the most part.
Ha dude I know everything...I was born and raised in MI but left when the economy went south. Still loyal to all my teams, even the Kittens.

Sure I'll bandwagon for Tom Brady cause he's the GOAT, but I can never give my heart to any other team. I have too many memories of watching games with pop, going to the old Silverdome, dressing up as Barry for Halloween, playing in the yard with my 90s-themed Lions helmet, meeting some of the players around town, etc. They are etched in my veins and always will be.

Despite being relatively young, I've just accepted that they may never win in my lifetime. The problem is and always has been the Ford family. People bag on the Browns a lot, but I believe with absolute certainty that the Lions are the inferior organization. Willie was the worst owner in the history of all professional sports, just look at the record. He was so bad at Ford that his family just bought him the poor 4-time champion Lions to play with and over 50 years later here we are.

Last edited by Germanauto; 10-24-2016 at 02:35 PM..
Appreciate 1
      10-24-2016, 04:07 PM   #565
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by VRG_135 View Post
The rules have gone too far in favor of the passing game. I watched a little bit of the jets Arizona game last week, about three or four plays. Total turn off with a little dump passes. I think ratings would go up if more teams ran the ball like the Cowboys.

As you have said, people don't run anymore b/c the rules favor the QB way too much now. The way pass coverage is called, along with roughing the passer also contributes etc.

On top of it, there's a premium on "between the tackles" running backs, they cost a lot of money and wear down quicker. It's a shame the days of Eddie George, Terelle Davis, etc are over. Adrian Peterson was the best we had if you were a fan of the run.

This is one major reason why I stopped watching NFL. Every offense pretty much look the same now... dump pass, dump pass, screen pass, run.

It just shows when you can find a 25 touches type back in Zeke, you draft him high and use the run to set up the pass. Especially a back like Zeke who can run inside and can break it on almost any play, really keeps the defense honest. Now if only they can do more read options for Dak to carry about 10 times a game, Cowboys will be almost unstoppable. But of course, a running back is the #2 most valued offensive skill position, the #1 is the QB, so heaven forbid Dak is even breathed on...
      10-24-2016, 04:38 PM   #566
larryn
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '97 332ti, '21 X5 45e, '16 GT4

Been in Australia diving the reefs, so missed the past two weeks of watching football, but my Pats now have the best record in the NFL. Pretty amazing when taking into account early season injuries and suspensions.

The next question is.. who is going to oppose them in the SB.

Btw, the only game I managed to find an online feed for was the Hawks/Cards. It was a vomit inducingly horrifically played game.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2016, 10:37 PM   #567
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Another terrible prime time product.

Just one of those seasons I guess
      10-25-2016, 08:18 AM   #568
finaloption
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 f30 n26

too many prime times games

get rid of Thursday & Sunday night games

make Monday Night Football great again
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2016, 08:23 AM   #569
CantCatchMe
Lieutenant Colonel
Romania
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by finaloption View Post
too many prime times games

get rid of Thursday & Sunday night games

make Monday Night Football great again
Agreed. TNF sucks. I don't mind Sunday night football though.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2016, 09:36 AM   #570
finaloption
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 f30 n26

either make Sunday night or Monday night the premier match up

Monday night & Thursday night's are just unwatchable at this point

also, i haven't been waiting all day for Sunday night.. i've been watching football since 1.. stupid song

sorry, 9:30am EST now w/ these stupid London games..

you don't see Premier League coming here to play games.. why the fuck are they playing an NFL game on the same time slot against Chelsea vs Man Utd? retards
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2016, 01:52 PM   #571
lakefront
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 Macan GTS

NFL's insane greed will be their downfall. Do they want games every night of the week eventually? And why trying to force American football down Europe's throat? If they ever do get a team/teams over there, how will they handle the enormous demands of the travel? They seem to be doing way too much to ruin my favorite sport.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2016, 02:20 PM   #572
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by finaloption View Post
either make Sunday night or Monday night the premier match up

Monday night & Thursday night's are just unwatchable at this point

also, i haven't been waiting all day for Sunday night.. i've been watching football since 1.. stupid song

sorry, 9:30am EST now w/ these stupid London games..

you don't see Premier League coming here to play games.. why the fuck are they playing an NFL game on the same time slot against Chelsea vs Man Utd? retards
I'm guessing the intersection of fans between EPL and NFL is minimal? Heck it wasn't until recently most EPL games were broadcasted on a tape delay in the US. I recall, only get 2-3 live games a week on Fox Sport Soccer Channel back in 2006, and very rarely would those live games be the prime matchup of the weekend. Those were always going to be on PPV. I recall, never once once watching Man U - Arsenal - Chelsea - Liverpool combo live on TV between 2005 and 2010.
Appreciate 0