F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Paint Issue
Extreme Powerhouse

07-22-2012, 02:07 AM   #23
SGScuba
Private First Class
Singapore
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyO View Post
I don't think you're being unreasonable.

I think some people on this board have some really low expections.
I think many people on this board, being driving/car enthusiasts, have high expectations, and are anal about very minor/trivial details. But because they echo each others' high expectations, there are enough folks advising that the dealer's solution is "unacceptable".

I think that, in the real world, many BMW purchasers might not notice or, if they did notice, would accept the dealers solution as being perfectly sufficient.

But hey, these are my opinions. OP, you are of course entitled to your own, and to ask for those of others, and thereafter to kick up a ruckus with your dealer and demand an entirely new car if you don't agree with their suggestion. But then you'll be the unreasonable, nit-picking ass____ of an owner in their opinion.

Good on you! (cough <ass____> cough)

See? Everyone's entitled to their own opinions!!
Sport AT, Mineral Grey, Black interior, Alum w/ high-gloss black interior trim, Sports seats + Lumbar support, Harman Kardon sound, Nav system Prof, PDC (f+r), Rear view camera, comfort access, Xenon lights.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2012, 02:18 AM   #24
AZ330FZL
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i Sedan Sport Line

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by micknugget
***additional update***

So the dealership had the car for a week. They were able to get out some of the spots (by wet sanding I am guessing) but not all. They contacted BMWNA and their solution was to put on free mud flaps that cover the spots/damage (actually doesn't cover entirely). They were also unable to fix the paint flaw on the front bumper but only made it slightly better. Even a guy at the dealership said that the paint job on the car had several &quot;irregularities&quot; and wasn't BMW's best work.

I am supposed to call back Monday and tell then what i think. I think the mud flaps look cheap and don't even fit the car that well. My friends looked at it and agree that the mud flaps look cheap. One friend said &quot;Why didn't they just use some f$%king duct tape?&quot;

They also roadforce balance the tires but the steering vibration still exists. I now also have an issue with the black trim that on the door. It has become discolored and spotty and won't clean up. I am simply telling me to order me a new car if they don't a pissed off ex-customer. I have worked with them and made 4 trips to the dealership on this already.
I too have some sort of discoloration on the black trim on the drivers side of my car. Whatever it is will not come off. Haven't had the chance to get to the dealer about it. Will take a pic tomorrow and post, let me know if it looks similar once I post. Best of luck with the issues.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2012, 07:29 AM   #25
micknugget
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 328 Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGScuba View Post
I think many people on this board, being driving/car enthusiasts, have high expectations, and are anal about very minor/trivial details. But because they echo each others' high expectations, there are enough folks advising that the dealer's solution is "unacceptable".

I think that, in the real world, many BMW purchasers might not notice or, if they did notice, would accept the dealers solution as being perfectly sufficient.

But hey, these are my opinions. OP, you are of course entitled to your own, and to ask for those of others, and thereafter to kick up a ruckus with your dealer and demand an entirely new car if you don't agree with their suggestion. But then you'll be the unreasonable, nit-picking ass____ of an owner in their opinion.

Good on you! (cough <ass____> cough)

See? Everyone's entitled to their own opinions!!
A very fair point. My opinion is that a $40k+ BMW should have a paint job that is at least as good as a $16k Kia. I'm not sure that BMW agrees.
      07-22-2012, 12:06 PM   #26
SGScuba
Private First Class
Singapore
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by micknugget View Post
A very fair point. My opinion is that a $40k+ BMW should have a paint job that is at least as good as a $16k Kia. I'm not sure that BMW agrees.
I agree with you that a $40k+ car should have a decent paint job, and I believe you should get fair recompense if it doesn't. But we differ in what "fair" recompense is - replacement of the car, when the defect is cosmetic and does not affect the handling, performance or safety of the car, is not (in my opinion) "fair recompense"; Mud-guards, which don't completely cover the discolouration/spots, are not (in your opinion) "fair recompense" either. Somewhere in the middle is probably more realistic. I'll put it down as "I agree to disagree with you" and wish you all the best in securing a fair & reasonable compensation from BMW. Good luck!
Sport AT, Mineral Grey, Black interior, Alum w/ high-gloss black interior trim, Sports seats + Lumbar support, Harman Kardon sound, Nav system Prof, PDC (f+r), Rear view camera, comfort access, Xenon lights.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2012, 12:30 PM   #27
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Quote:
Originally Posted by micknugget View Post
***additional update***

So the dealership had the car for a week. They were able to get out some of the spots (by wet sanding I am guessing) but not all. They contacted BMWNA and their solution was to put on free mud flaps that cover the spots/damage (actually doesn't cover entirely). They were also unable to fix the paint flaw on the front bumper but only made it slightly better. Even a guy at the dealership said that the paint job on the car had several "irregularities" and wasn't BMW's best work.

I am supposed to call back Monday and tell then what i think. I think the mud flaps look cheap and don't even fit the car that well. My friends looked at it and agree that the mud flaps look cheap. One friend said "Why didn't they just use some f$%king duct tape?"

They also roadforce balance the tires but the steering vibration still exists. I now also have an issue with the black trim that on the door. It has become discolored and spotty and won't clean up. I am simply telling me to order me a new car if they don't a pissed off ex-customer. I have worked with them and made 4 trips to the dealership on this already.
Please get rid of it, send it back the "new car feeling is long gone". I would not entertain them at all on it.
      07-22-2012, 01:34 PM   #28
jwickers
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 328i GT

I bought furniture that came slightly damaged or with a slight defect, in both cases they took it back and sent a new one. Even IKEA replaced a panel because it had a bubble in the paint.

It doesn't matter if it is a 100$ piece of wood or a 40000$ car, if they cannot fix it completely ask for a new one.
Appreciate 0