F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Not F30 related but interesting read
Extreme Powerhouse

07-13-2016, 10:06 PM   #1
KGB_123_99
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: '17 330ix M-Sport, '09 528ix

Not F30 related but interesting read

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montre...nard-1.3678376
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2016, 11:24 PM   #2
Vegetable
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M4 MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGB_123_99 View Post
I believe it. My built-in oven turned on by itself and almost burnt my house to the ground.. If it had, I would have blamed myself for accidentally leaving the oven on. But.... when my BMW dealer called me on my way to get my loaner car advising me that it would be another hour, I came home and was able to stop the oven only by turning off the breaker. I have to keep the breaker off or the oven simply turns on to full blast. I called Kenmore, they said it was basically normal for an oven 15 years old.. and that they couldn't help because it was out of warranty. F-kers! Electricity isn't always our friend.
      07-14-2016, 06:33 AM   #3
BimmerMat135
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: E82M/S213 E450 A/T

Lol at the 5% rebate! It's remind me of Bmw Canada when I bought my 328d. I was able to get a good deal as a demo buy still I question them alot of the pricing strategy for the "320d". They end up not awnsering my calls or emails and now 3 years later they did reduce the price to what it should have been from the start.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2016, 07:27 AM   #4
Pauleebe
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Inbetween BMW's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerMat135 View Post
Lol at the 5% rebate! It's remind me of Bmw Canada when I bought my 328d. I was able to get a good deal as a demo buy still I question them alot of the pricing strategy for the "320d". They end up not awnsering my calls or emails and now 3 years later they did reduce the price to what it should have been from the start.
Agreed.

5% off is a 'discount'? Is BMW nuts? This could be a PR nightmare. I'd give them a free brand new vehicle. My dealership would give be 8-10% off a brand new car as is.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2016, 09:22 AM   #5
bueller
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 EB F31 2018 LG F80

Garage List
Quote:
It seems that BMWs standard response to an issue is similar to my dog when I ask him who ate the garbage. He just stares off to somewhere else as if to say 'who could that crazy person be talking to?' They are waiting for the problem to evaporate on its own. At least that has been my experience with BMW. I have loved their cars in the past, I still own 2, however the only car they currently make I am interested in is the M2. I wanted a fun daily driver, I will be receiving my Focus RS in a couple of weeks.

All things are cyclical, hopefully this is a low point and things will get better. Thing is there are so many great cars out there right now, I am not worried about finding something fun to drive. I am also glad they have not tried to make their motorcycles softer and more luxurious!

B.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2016, 09:37 AM   #6
BimmerMat135
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: E82M/S213 E450 A/T

Quote:
Originally Posted by bueller
Quote:
It seems that BMWs standard response to an issue is similar to my dog when I ask him who ate the garbage. He just stares off to somewhere else as if to say 'who could that crazy person be talking to?' They are waiting for the problem to evaporate on its own. At least that has been my experience with BMW. I have loved their cars in the past, I still own 2, however the only car they currently make I am interested in is the M2. I wanted a fun daily driver, I will be receiving my Focus RS in a couple of weeks.

All things are cyclical, hopefully this is a low point and things will get better. Thing is there are so many great cars out there right now, I am not worried about finding something fun to drive. I am also glad they have not tried to make their motorcycles softer and more luxurious!

B.
From my experience the customer service is going downhill. I only own Bmw for 5 years but I've seen difference already.
Appreciate 0