F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA > 1st Aussie EB F30 M-Sport Thread
Studio RSR

10-15-2012, 03:09 AM   #23
David328M-Sport
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: F30 M-Sport 328i Estoril Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-Sport328i View Post
oooooohhhhhhh......beautiful.......That is one gorgeous car David. Congratulations!!

Can't wait to see my EB in the flesh with it's Coral Red interior.
Thank you.
You will LOVE it instantly. The tiny metallic flecks in the paintwork gives this colour its true character, which can never be captured in photos. The colour has a life of its own under different lighting conditions.

It's so hard to take your eyes off it. Combined with the black door surrounds, front grille and exterior mirror accents, the colour combo is unarguably PERFECT!
328i M-Sport, Estoril Blue, Carbon XP 35 Tint, front heated seats, black Dakota, Sports Suspension, Anthracite Headliner, HUD, Pro Nav, Sunroof, hk 600w, Bi-Xenon, 19" 403M wheels, Reversing Camera, DAB+, Xenon, BT Ext Connect, MST turbo intake pipe, MST Cold Air Intake, JB4 on Map 2 with Catless DP produces awesome performance in Sport.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2012, 03:32 AM   #24
David328M-Sport
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

A few more photos
Attached Images

328i M-Sport, Estoril Blue, Carbon XP 35 Tint, front heated seats, black Dakota, Sports Suspension, Anthracite Headliner, HUD, Pro Nav, Sunroof, hk 600w, Bi-Xenon, 19" 403M wheels, Reversing Camera, DAB+, Xenon, BT Ext Connect, MST turbo intake pipe, MST Cold Air Intake, JB4 on Map 2 with Catless DP produces awesome performance in Sport.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2012, 03:50 AM   #25
J1n
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: R8 V8 '14

HO HO HO finally mate... congrats.. Thanks for the write up. I must say looks IMPRESSIVE!..I'm loving the color.

I've got huge compliments bout those wheels too.. For many non-enthusiasts it takes them awhile to absorb what the difference between BMW models are. But one of the things that really stand out I would say are the wheels and the front bumper.. I've gotten so much OMGS... I was actually near Bib on Sunday .. and thought to myself holy shit u must have got your car already. ROFL

You'll be turning those heads for sure....I hope many of the guys will get their cars soon then we can do a drive >.. So far I know of only 3 M sports on the road in Melbourne at the moment. Yours blue MSprt EDIT.1 Nice number plate by the way.. Mine V.EJ313 (had to swapped plates mrs didnt like JIN) and another guy black m sport Tango7.

I dont mind ECO Pro but I never use it, even in Comfort mode I feel abit of acceleration lag, all expected from the computers logic system. Sports mode and comfort mode most of the time for me.

Are you having troubles controlling the power of the vehicle?
I'm finding the brakes abit soft I think i'll like the perf brakes abit more
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2012, 04:55 AM   #26
David328M-Sport
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by J1n View Post
HO HO HO finally mate... congrats.. Thanks for the write up. I must say looks IMPRESSIVE!..I'm loving the color.

Are you having troubles controlling the power of the vehicle?
I'm finding the brakes abit soft I think i'll like the perf brakes abit more
Thanks buddy. What a car. So very different to the 325.
However, I will say that the E90 has a launch from zero that can really jerk your head back. Literally instant torque, which makes the car jump off the start line and then some. The F30's take off is 'gradual' in comparison, probably due to constant gear changes.

I haven't, as yet given the F30 a workout, but I will do that in a couple of days. Just adapting to it nice and easy.

Brakes are great. No problem with them at all. Pretty much like my E90 brakes. Don't need the M-Sport brakes at this time.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2012, 05:44 AM   #27
J1n
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by David328M-Sport View Post
Thanks buddy. What a car. So very different to the 325.
However, I will say that the E90 has a launch from zero that can really jerk your head back. Literally instant torque, which makes the car jump off the start line and then some. The F30's take off is 'gradual' in comparison, probably due to constant gear changes.

I haven't, as yet given the F30 a workout, but I will do that in a couple of days. Just adapting to it nice and easy.
I think you're right there. "Gradual" being the right word to use. I feel the launch works alot better while using Sports Mode would you agree?
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2012, 06:39 AM   #28
fd80
Private
Rep
Drives: 328i

Dave the car looks awesome, the M-sports really do look great. I can see EB becoming a classic F30 colour for sure. As a sidenote did you know that pushing the button upwards tilts the sunroof? Its taken me a week of getting a little upset why my sunroof didn't tilt and only opened backwards until the gf worked it out...
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2012, 07:46 AM   #29
Sherweeeny
yep
Australia
Rep
Drives: 340i

Gorgeous!
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2012, 08:17 AM   #30
Doing it for TV!
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3

Congrats David..

I actually have the first photo of your car on my phone as it was sent to me when it first arrived at the dealership .. with the captions "wow.." I responded with.. is that mine? then was told.. no .."but how good is the colour and the wheels?" .. I agreed. (no identifying features.. there were no plates etc on it.. so it's anon .. just a pic of the side of it)

Ours is at the Clayton prep centre getting tint put on and we should pick in up Wednesday.

I was in at Bib's today to drop off a set of vintage plates to put on.. and there was another EB there too.. again I noticed it didn't have the BBK.. I was keen to see one with the big brakes.

So far the only thing I am a little undecided about is the height.. for my personal tastes, I would have liked to see it maybe 2cm-3cm lower with less gap between the 19's and the arches.

I'm also concerned about the iPhone 5 playing funny buggers with the BT or streaming.. I am getting phantom calls in the C63.. (music would be playing normally and out of the blue it'll fade out as if a call is coming through but there's no call there.. even the off hook telephone icon lights up.. but no call) then the music fades back in.. done it about 10 times now since getting the phone.. hoping none of this with the iDrive.

I held off from ordering the black kidney grills from **********s.. the std ones are growing on me after see the other 2 EBs... it seems to suit well..

Can't wait to get it... think the C63 will be parked for a little while
2015 M3 - Alpine White, HUD, Ext Leather
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2012, 08:31 AM   #31
Doing it for TV!
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3

oh - re the seat belts re-adjusting on drive off..

That is part of what is called pre-safe (well that's what it's called on MB).. it's a pretty cool feature.. I have only ever experienced it in full effect twice.. once in the C63 on a track day and the other time at Philip Island when we were doing the emergency braking procedures with Jeff Brabham in the 328's ..

On heavy braking (aka emergency) the belts will retract back automatically to push you back into the seats in preparation for any front impact.. hazard lights automatically go off and the brake lights start flashing.. (in the Merc, any windows that are down go up, the seats adjust to a 'safer' position and the sunroof closes).. was quite an experience.. expecially as I was coming over a crest and serious speed and got on the brakes to make it into a coned out garage as part of a motorkhana.. all of a sudden things are moving, prodding.. closing... a serious wtf moment.. In hindsight I thought.. well in a real emergency.. those features would make a huge difference!!
2015 M3 - Alpine White, HUD, Ext Leather
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2012, 02:53 PM   #32
David328M-Sport
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ij05 View Post
Dave the car looks awesome, the M-sports really do look great. I can see EB becoming a classic F30 colour for sure. As a sidenote did you know that pushing the button upwards tilts the sunroof? Its taken me a week of getting a little upset why my sunroof didn't tilt and only opened backwards until the gf worked it out...
Thanks man,

Yes, the tilt opening is the same in my E90. I use it often.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2012, 03:01 PM   #33
David328M-Sport
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 555 View Post
Congrats David..I actually have the first photo of your car on my phone as it was sent to me when it first arrived at the dealership .. with the captions "wow.."
I think they took delivery of it last Thursday, but I never received a photo. Glad I didn't. There are quite a few cars on display in their showroom (of course) but on Saturday, the EB was THE standout, no matter it having to compete with an M5.

As lovely as my black E90 is, it was easily absorbed into the row of cars parked in Chadstone car park (if I'm not at home or work, I'm there - well in the mornings - as I go to the FF gym, not far from home). Last Sunday and yesterday, I could see it stand out so easily, amongst all the other cars in the row.

Oh yeah, it really has grown in size too, which adds to its standout characteristics. Size increase helped on Saturday, when I drove people around, with 3 adults in the back.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2012, 06:45 PM   #34
J1n
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 555 View Post
Ours is at the Clayton prep centre getting tint put on and we should pick in up Wednesday.

I was in at Bib's today to drop off a set of vintage plates to put on.. and there was another EB there too.. again I noticed it didn't have the BBK.. I was keen to see one with the big brakes.

So far the only thing I am a little undecided about is the height.. for my personal tastes, I would have liked to see it maybe 2cm-3cm lower with less gap between the 19's and the arches.

I'm also concerned about the iPhone 5 playing funny buggers with the BT or streaming.. I am getting phantom calls in the C63.. (music would be playing normally and out of the blue it'll fade out as if a call is coming through but there's no call there.. even the off hook telephone icon lights up.. but no call) then the music fades back in.. done it about 10 times now since getting the phone.. hoping none of this with the iDrive.

I held off from ordering the black kidney grills from **********s.. the std ones are growing on me after see the other 2 EBs... it seems to suit well..
LOL I was having similar thoughts 555... In real life those 19's dont look as thought they have much of a gap I was gonna swap to drop them too initially.

Also if you've got the iPhone 5 probably first thing you could do is upgrade the software of the iDrive.. the latest software should fix any incompatibility issues if the dealer hasn't already done it. I just upgraded the software as advised by Dabaitu. As for the Iphone 4S no issues.

As for the BBK do you mean the MSport Brakes or there M Performance ones?
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2012, 08:06 PM   #35
blt
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F30 328i Sportline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
blt, what'd your's come with?
Mine came with Continentals. I had new 520i loaner which had Bridgestones and it seemed quieter, although it had 17"s and the 5 series probably has better sound insulation.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2012, 10:57 PM   #36
Yosemite Sam
Registered
Australia
Rep
Drives: Waiting to order an F30...

Congrats Dave! Looks fantastic. I'm still agonizingly waiting to be able to place my order, hopefully in a few months!

Any chance of a few inside pics and how is the HK sound system?
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2012, 12:22 AM   #37
David328M-Sport
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosemite Sam View Post
Congrats Dave! Looks fantastic. I'm still agonizingly waiting to be able to place my order, hopefully in a few months!

Any chance of a few inside pics and how is the HK sound system?
Hey Yosemite,

Welcome to f30post. Thanks for you kind words. When you do finally take delivery of your new F30, you will instantly forgive all the waiting.

The hk works a treat with my iPhone songs (you need extended connectivity option for music). Still fiddling with the eq. Only issue is that the bass & treble from the tone controls 'interfere' with the eq. DAB+ radio is nice with quite a few stations to choose from but the received sound from music stations is not as good as I was expecting. Early days still.

I will try for inside pics on the weekend.

It's a great community here, with many contributors who do not have an F30, so don't be hesitant to post all you want.

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2012, 04:37 AM   #38
J1n
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

HK system is awesome.. nav and HK don't mix.. i muted her the first chance i got.

Just remember if your configuring your EQ dont forget to turn off your iphone equalizer before you do that.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2012, 06:35 AM   #39
Mike.T
Private
Rep
Drives: 328i M-Sport AW

that EB looks stunning!!! Love the photos. Congratulations mate.
Appreciate 0