F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > BMW F30 3 Series Coding DIY - Code Auto Start Stop, DVD, Folding Mirrors, Etc.
Extreme Powerhouse

12-11-2013, 09:44 PM   #5237
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by larry_bml View Post
Hello everyone, today I had a big day, I just bought an F10 from 08.2012, and sold my old E90.
I want to code something to my new baby, but my E-SYS 3.18.4 give me an error about bootloader .... when I press Read VCM.

Shawn can you help me too with links for newer E-SYS + patch and token and newer PSdZdata ?

Please help!

Thank You
Quote:
Originally Posted by kube View Post
Hi Shawn, looks like you're the go-to guy here.

Just received my cable and am ready to see what trouble I can get into (not) on my 2014 535d.

I would appreciate it if you could PM me link or latest E-SYS and psdz data + token or whatever other info I need.

Thanks in advance.

Joe

Thank you for your great job here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Mazzoni View Post
Hi Shawn;

My f10 M5 just arrived and I am really interested about coding it.
I don't know a thing about it and already tried to find somebody here in Brasil to help me.

Could you please send me a guide of what is needed, where to buy it and how to make it ?
Sorry about all those, but as I see you are the only one that can help me with that!

Thank You!
PM's sent.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2013, 09:47 PM   #5238
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
A little off topic (as it's not coding), but my 2014 (and 2011) would let me pair two phones to the car, and on the 2011, I could choose primary (with directory) and secondary. Both could receive calls through bluetooth. On the 2014, both directories are shown when I look up numbers.

Not sure if the 5-series is different from the 3-series here, but I don't see why it would be.
That is one of the improved features of the NBT Head Unit over the CIC Head Unit.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2013, 09:49 PM   #5239
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grippy View Post
Good afternoon Everyone
I just want to say thanks for all of the info up to now that i have been spectating on! I think it is time i joined the community and got involved in the action.
I picked up my F31 330dX M-Sport almost 2 weeks ago and I have the Pro Nav in it with bluetooth for one phone. I am looking at coding the 6NS functionality to enable me to have the 2nd phone and possibly office functionality.
After reading and searching it seems I need the eSys software and a token? where is the place to get the eSys that I need and also, how do i get the token etc? Sorry for all the questions.
I am an ex VW GTI owner and have a lot of experience using VCDS but this is all a bit too different yet.

Anyway; thanks everyone and looking forward to giving some assistance back eventually.
Sorry, but I cannot, as you are still too new to receive PM's. When you can send and receive PM's, send me one.

Appreciate 0
      12-11-2013, 10:44 PM   #5240
Saildave
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335ix

2014 display Speed

I just recieved my 2014 335ix and am going to try coding this weekend. One quick question, if I have HUD and I have the top and side camera option is there a way to turn on the speed limit display on the HUD?

Thanks
Dave
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2013, 02:03 AM   #5241
Grippy
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 330dX M-Sport

Thumbs up Bluetooth Coding

Quote:
A little off topic (as it's not coding), but my 2014 (and 2011) would let me pair two phones to the car, and on the 2011, I could choose primary (with directory) and secondary. Both could receive calls through bluetooth. On the 2014, both directories are shown when I look up numbers.

Not sure if the 5-series is different from the 3-series here, but I don't see why it would be.
Hi
Thanks for the reply.
I have had a look into this and it does seem that the F10 is a more generous model as standard. I have the Pro Navigation and bluetooth and i can only pair one phone at a time, with up to 5 i think in memory. The only option i get is Telephone 1. I can play music off the phone no probe as long as it is connected via cable.
I even called up BMW Oxford yesterday to see if they could add the 6NS on even if it costs hundreds, but the chap said it's impossible!? I do believe this to be possible via coding from what i have read. Has anyone successfully done it?
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2013, 02:07 AM   #5242
Grippy
United Kingdom
Rep

Thumbs up Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
Sorry, but I cannot, as you are still too new to receive PM's. When you can send and receive PM's, send me one.
Not a problem Sir!
I believe it is only fair that the newbies wait their turn!
From looking at the cheat sheet you have kindly created, i cannot see anything about 6NS coding, do you believe this will be possible?
Am i also right in presuming that 3.18 will be of no use for me wit ha 2013 F31? i think it is a 2013 anyway. I bought it as ex-showroom stock and has build date of July 2013. I know my golf was built in Nov'12 and was classed as a 2013!?

Anyway, thank you for trying anyway Shawn and I must say I can't help but notice your presence on a number of the forums regarding the coding of BMWs so cheers for the effort!

D
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2013, 06:07 AM   #5243
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Not a problem Sir!
I believe it is only fair that the newbies wait their turn!
From looking at the cheat sheet you have kindly created, i cannot see anything about 6NS coding, do you believe this will be possible?
Am i also right in presuming that 3.18 will be of no use for me wit ha 2013 F31? i think it is a 2013 anyway. I bought it as ex-showroom stock and has build date of July 2013. I know my golf was built in Nov'12 and was classed as a 2013!?

Anyway, thank you for trying anyway Shawn and I must say I can't help but notice your presence on a number of the forums regarding the coding of BMWs so cheers for the effort!

D
The cheat sheets cover regular FDL coding. 6NS Enhanced Bluetooth involves chnaging the Vehicle Order (VO), and VO Coding the Head Unit, so it won't be on a cheat sheet.

E-Sys 3.18.4 is essentially dead.

PM sent.

Appreciate 0
      12-12-2013, 09:00 AM   #5244
Grippy
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
The cheat sheets cover regular FDL coding. 6NS Enhanced Bluetooth involves chnaging the Vehicle Order (VO), and VO Coding the Head Unit, so it won't be on a cheat sheet.

E-Sys 3.18.4 is essentially dead.

PM sent.

And gratefully received!

So i'll get involved on this and hopefully I'll get time over the weekend to take a look at the various things possible and post back my progress.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2013, 12:42 AM   #5245
Tim@codemybimmer
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Canada
Rep

Drives: 2022 X4 M Competition F98 LCI

Garage List
Navi Arrow Popup in Full Screen and Traffic

Just looking through the HU_CIC and trying to figure out a few things.

Arrow Guides

3000 > NAVI_SPLIT_GUIDINGPOPUP > aktiv (default) - Gives you arrow pop-ups in split-screen mode when there is a direction given. I believe it was off with the initial I-step but since the dealer updated it when they coded ASS, it was a feature that got enabled I'm guessing.

3000 > NAVI_FULL_GUIDINGPOPUP > nicht_aktiv (default) - Anyone try enabling this? I'm quite curious how it'll show arrow directions if you have the map on full screen.

Traffic

Can't really put my finger on where to activate TMC traffic, given that they stripped that feature out for Canadian vehicles (till NBT came, which brought ARTTI)

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2013, 06:23 AM   #5246
TonyS
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbits93 View Post
Just looking through the HU_CIC and trying to figure out a few things.

Arrow Guides

3000 > NAVI_SPLIT_GUIDINGPOPUP > aktiv (default) - Gives you arrow pop-ups in split-screen mode when there is a direction given. I believe it was off with the initial I-step but since the dealer updated it when they coded ASS, it was a feature that got enabled I'm guessing.

3000 > NAVI_FULL_GUIDINGPOPUP > nicht_aktiv (default) - Anyone try enabling this? I'm quite curious how it'll show arrow directions if you have the map on full screen.
I was doing some coding this morning and tried setting NAVI_FULL_GUIDINGPOPUP to aktiv ( NAVI_SPLIT_GUIDINGPOPUP was already set to aktiv). It doesn't seem to do anything as far as I can see. Anyone else?
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2013, 07:09 AM   #5247
Grippy
United Kingdom
Rep

Talking progress as promised...

So...
I've done a little coding! I must be honest, the arse cheeks were shaking a bit!
I've managed to change the 6NH in my car to 6NS and I can confirm I now have 2 bluetooth phones connected simultaneously. The iPhone5s plays music via bluetooth and i get SMS messages popping up. However i can't reply or delete for whatever reason? I am super impressed with this and want to say cheers to the forum.
I also looked at coding the poi import and export to see if i can upload safety cams, but i got so cold in the car i've not even seen if this does anything yet!

One thing i didn't see anywhere is to change the amount of time i need to hold the lock button for in order for my mirrors to fold. Does anyone know if it is actually possible to do this by literally just pressing lock? I must admit i've not searched on this properly yet. so i may end up answering it myself in a minute.

cheers everyone
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2013, 07:15 AM   #5248
Grippy
United Kingdom
Rep

Search function...

Amazing what searching does eh!?

Thanks to Frogman
FEM_BODY KOMFORT_SCHLIESSEN Werte=0F 0F=>01
This changes the delay until the mirrors start folding in 100ms units.

0Fx = 15. = 1.5 seconds default. I usually set cars to 03 (300ms)

sorry for not searching before asking!
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2013, 07:46 AM   #5249
TonyS
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
So...
I've done a little coding! I must be honest, the arse cheeks were shaking a bit!
I've managed to change the 6NH in my car to 6NS and I can confirm I now have 2 bluetooth phones connected simultaneously. The iPhone5s plays music via bluetooth and i get SMS messages popping up. However i can't reply or delete for whatever reason? I am super impressed with this and want to say cheers to the forum.
I also looked at coding the poi import and export to see if i can upload safety cams, but i got so cold in the car i've not even seen if this does anything yet!

One thing i didn't see anywhere is to change the amount of time i need to hold the lock button for in order for my mirrors to fold. Does anyone know if it is actually possible to do this by literally just pressing lock? I must admit i've not searched on this properly yet. so i may end up answering it myself in a minute.

cheers everyone
One of the most genuinely useful things I've coded (as opposed to the nice-to-haves) is the speed limiter function that the 5 Series has - the dashboard lights for it are there but it's disabled by default on the F30. I didn't really understand exactly how it worked or how good it was until I actually used it. Details here:
http://www.f30post.com/forums/showpo...4&postcount=77
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2013, 07:48 AM   #5250
Grippy
United Kingdom
Rep

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyS View Post
One of the most genuinely useful things I've coded (as opposed to the nice-to-haves) is the speed limiter function that the 5 Series has - the dashboard lights for it are there but it's disabled by default on the F30. I didn't really understand exactly how it worked or how good it was until I actually used it. Details here:
That is absolutely awesome!
I'm going to go and try that in literally 15 minutes when I'm back at humane temperature!
Thanks TonyS!
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2013, 08:36 AM   #5251
Tim@codemybimmer
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Canada
Rep

Drives: 2022 X4 M Competition F98 LCI

Garage List
Quote:
I was doing some coding this morning and tried setting NAVI_FULL_GUIDINGPOPUP to aktiv ( NAVI_SPLIT_GUIDINGPOPUP was already set to aktiv). It doesn't seem to do anything as far as I can see. Anyone else?
Try setting a destination and drive around for a bit? Might only work if you're on a freeway (with exits) as that's how I've come across for the split screen guidance pop-up.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2013, 09:04 AM   #5252
TonyS
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbits93 View Post
Try setting a destination and drive around for a bit? Might only work if you're on a freeway (with exits) as that's how I've come across for the split screen guidance pop-up.
Ah, you may be on to something there, I only tried it on local roads. I was expecting it to give you something like the turn-by-turn directions as you approached a junction, but looking at the name again I suspect you are right.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2013, 09:11 AM   #5253
Grippy
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Done!
What an absolutely great feature!
Thanks for that, i'll need that tonight on my trek back up to Manchester with the lovely M6 road works. I must say cruise control is good in roadworks but not always the best solution.

Anyone had a play with the POI import/export yet? does it work?
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2013, 09:25 AM   #5254
TonyS
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Done!
What an absolutely great feature!
Thanks for that, i'll need that tonight on my trek back up to Manchester with the lovely M6 road works. I must say cruise control is good in roadworks but not always the best solution.

Anyone had a play with the POI import/export yet? does it work?
Yes, the LIM functionality is great where there are average speed cameras. It is a bit disconcerting though if you've been going slower than the set speed for a while and then you come to the end of the roadworks, put your foot down and briefly wonder why you're not accelerating any more

I haven't looked at the POI import/export for a year or so, but at that time it wasn't working. If I remember correctly, the format of the data was still a bit of a mystery. JEG23 over at Bimmerfest was doing some investigation but I don't know if it went anywhere (incidentally, doing a user search for JEG23 on Bimmerfest brings up all sorts of interesting coding threads). I would love to get speed cameras onto the nav, but to be useful you would also need a warning tone when you got within range of them - not sure if that's even possible.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2013, 10:56 AM   #5255
G20_dante
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F32 M Sport in Estoril Blue

Garage List
2013 Bmw 420d  [0.00]
Cable

Hi Guys, I am looking for an enet cable, does anyone know of any suppliers in the UK apart from eBay? I am looking to make some changes to my new 420d.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2013, 10:59 AM   #5256
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by F32_Dan View Post
Hi Guys, I am looking for an enet cable, does anyone know of any suppliers in the UK apart from eBay? I am looking to make some changes to my new 420d.
Not in the UK, but they will ship it there:

One-Stop Electronics:

Ethernet to OBD2 cable (ENET) - 1.8 meters

http://www.one-stop-electronics.com/...&product_id=21

Appreciate 0
      12-13-2013, 11:04 AM   #5257
G20_dante
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F32 M Sport in Estoril Blue

Garage List
2013 Bmw 420d  [0.00]
Quote:
Not in the UK, but they will ship it there:

One-Stop Electronics:

Ethernet to OBD2 cable (ENET) - 1.8 meters

http://www.one-stop-electronics.com/...&product_id=21
Thanks. Will check them out.

Am I correct to assume that the majority of settings and changes will be the same as the 3 Series F30? Sorry if this has been asked before in the 200 previous pages.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2013, 11:06 AM   #5258
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by F32_Dan View Post
Thanks. Will check them out.

Am I correct to assume that the majority of settings and changes will be the same as the 3 Series F30? Sorry if this has been asked before in the 200 previous pages.
Yes. F32 will use F30 Cheat Sheet.

Appreciate 0