F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > Anyone actually use a buying service e.g. Costco?
proTUNING Freaks

04-01-2013, 10:39 PM   #1
BXL4
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 328i Alpine White

Anyone actually use a buying service e.g. Costco?

I've searched the forum and found a couple of folks who have pointed out that as a Costco (or AAA) member, one can get a reasonably sharp-penciled deal. My only experience in trying that was a dismal failure when I tried to get my wife the VW TDI she wanted. I got blown off by 3 "participating dealerships" who would only quote MSRP ++!

So I see what Costco promises but wondered if anyone has actually made it stick to get a decent deal on an F30?

Thanks for sharing your experiences.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2013, 01:24 AM   #2
u2elan
Rep
Drives: Ordered.2013 328i M Sport EBII

I just ordered a 328i from a local dealer (I'm in Portland) and used Costco first to see what I could get, which was a quote for about $800 over invoice. I probably would have taken it, too, but after a little time firing off emails to other dealers, ended up taking a better price quote elsewhere.

I bought my previous vehicle using Costco as well. In both cases (thanks to incentives) have managed to wind up with below invoice prices.

I say give it a shot. You don't have to settle for their first quote and can always negotiate down from there.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2013, 05:49 AM   #3
nydennis
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BXL4 View Post
I've searched the forum and found a couple of folks who have pointed out that as a Costco (or AAA) member, one can get a reasonably sharp-penciled deal. My only experience in trying that was a dismal failure when I tried to get my wife the VW TDI she wanted. I got blown off by 3 "participating dealerships" who would only quote MSRP ++!

So I see what Costco promises but wondered if anyone has actually made it stick to get a decent deal on an F30?

Thanks for sharing your experiences.
When I was searching, I tried the Costco and they didn't have BMW in my area or any area within a bunch of miles from me. :-(
      04-02-2013, 07:29 AM   #4
2013mingrey335i
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i

i looked into it with bjs and same thing the closest one was in maryland they were giving it at 200 over invoice
ended up staying local and got it for 500 over invoice
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2013, 02:47 PM   #5
BXL4
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 328i Alpine White

You don't suppose that this would work for a 428i in October would anyone?
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2013, 08:14 PM   #6
Oakhill
Rep
Drives: BMW 325 xit

Garage List
2018 BMW X3  [0.00]
My daughter in law got their RAV 4 for the Costco price. She is in tech sales, and says to do your research first, and then don't get mad if you can't get your price--it is only a business deal.

I once got an unbelievable deal on a Volkswagen for one of my kids. It became clear as they kept me in the dealership for hours when I picked it up so that one after another they could try to sell me clear coat, undercoating, and extended warranties, that they expected to make up for the low purchase price in other ways. I never took the car back to that dealer for maintainance. It would be just one more chance for them to take advantage of me and make the profit they did not make on the sale. That was the consequence for me of negotiating too good a deal!
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2013, 12:17 PM   #7
reedo302
Estorilblau Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: Dinan Estoril 328i M Sport

I put out a quote for Costco, and the nearest dealership to me that participated was 100 miles away, and having dealt with that dealership before several years back, I know they are incompetent. I talked to them anyway, and the pricing offer was not that great.

The local dealerships here (Motorwerks BMW and BMW of Minnetonka) don't participate because they have no need to.
I wound up talking to the local dealerships, and then submitted for online price quotes through the BMW USA website. I then took the prices and pitted a bidding war so that the dealership I wanted (BMW of Minnetonka) gave me the price I wanted. With incentives and everything, I wound up getting my car for $400 under invoice, including a couple perks added in.

The Costco thing kind of sucked, and I likely won't use it again. It probably works well with other cars, but with BMW, the price I got was not enough to make me go that route.
Appreciate 0