F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Homemade ammo can grill/fire pit
Extreme Powerhouse

05-03-2014, 08:26 PM   #1
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Satan's Chariot 2.0

Garage List
Homemade ammo can grill/fire pit

Decided to make myself a grill/fire pit out of an ammo can I wasn't using. I used 4" carriage bolts for the legs. At the bottom is the pieces of metal I removed from under the can lid plus gutter guard that I bent to fit. Those are there to extend the life of it so it's not directly on the bottom of the can.

I made it to use as a fire pit mainly, but if I ever want to grill with it I will just drill more holes near the top & use grill material or just put a few metal skewers along the top.

Appreciate 0
      05-04-2014, 01:23 AM   #2
GORDON.M3
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 • F25 X3 M-Sport

not bad but here's mine.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-04-2014, 01:24 AM   #3
Lups
Rep
Drives: I don't own a car.

I would have put the ventilation holes under the net, but that's just me. It's great when someone does something with their time, and I for one expect to see the picture of the first meal cooked on that!

This could actually be a great solution for my garden. I hate gas grills, I want to cook with coals, and the grills sold are too damn small back home. Give me an update weather you end up dismissing the idea after the first run, or not.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2014, 01:25 AM   #4
Lups
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordon@exoticstuning View Post
not bad but here's mine.
Wow, for those (don't know the word in english, meat on sticks) that would be a perfect layout. Shit, I need to start collecting grills.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2014, 09:28 AM   #5
Scrubber
Private
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i Coupe (former)

So how did you deal with removing the Chemical Agent Reactive Coating (CARC) paint in the can?

As I understand it you can cook it out with sufficient heat, but likely don't want to breath the smoke from it.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2014, 01:30 PM   #6
ybbiz34
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2023 330i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
Wow, for those (don't know the word in english, meat on sticks) that would be a perfect layout. Shit, I need to start collecting grills.
Shish-kabobs/kebabs.
Gone: '18 W205 C43 Sedan
Gone: '13 W204 C63 Sedan
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2014, 01:37 PM   #7
Lups
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ybbiz34 View Post
Shish-kabobs/kebobs.
Cheers mate, I'm trying to start using my brain again, and not google everything. Now I probably end up remembering that word. I also now am craving for grilled stakes, and all the goodies of meat section. I will end up blaming you in a couple of hours after I have tried to double my body weight with meat.

The great thing about this gender is that I can always find a loop hole, no matter how small and just blame stuff on the innocent. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2014, 07:29 PM   #8
Lups
Rep

Quote:
Shish-kabobs/kebabs.
Just wanted you to know, that I will hate you forever. And I will always be here to tell you that, since my tummy is so full there is no chance I'll ever get off my couch again. I did however fulfill my goal of doubling my size in minutes.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2014, 07:34 PM   #9
ybbiz34
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2023 330i M Sport

Quote:
Cheers mate, I'm trying to start using my brain again, and not google everything. Now I probably end up remembering that word. I also now am craving for grilled stakes, and all the goodies of meat section. I will end up blaming you in a couple of hours after I have tried to double my body weight with meat.

The great thing about this gender is that I can always find a loop hole, no matter how small and just blame stuff on the innocent. Thanks!
Haha! And my pleasure! I have my moments of utility.

Quote:
Just wanted you to know, that I will hate you forever. And I will always be here to tell you that, since my tummy is so full there is no chance I'll ever get off my couch again. I did however fulfill my goal of doubling my size in minutes.
Haha - you followed through on your promise! What was on the menu? I'm starving and sunburned. A friend had me detail her car. 6 hours later, done.
Gone: '18 W205 C43 Sedan
Gone: '13 W204 C63 Sedan
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2014, 07:44 PM   #10
Lups
Rep

Quote:
Haha! And my pleasure! I have my moments of utility.

Haha - you followed through on your promise! What was on the menu? I'm starving and sunburned. A friend had me detail her car. 6 hours later, done.
This is where my vocabulary runs short, I have no idea of which part of the cow it was, but there was plenty of it and served with garlic something tasty to melt on on top. and of course some sheep had to be added, I really could not take the risk of running low on food after seeing those pictures in the morning.

I really need to learn you measuring system, I had 6 pounds of meat in the grill, and I have no idea how it all got eaten. Even the dogs look like they want to die. And of course, I grilled mushrooms which had blue cheese in them, and who could live without a salad? It turns out, I could, that was the only healthy thing on my plates (yeah, one needed many to get the food sorted), and that's when I finally gave up.

What did you manage to do in six hours? Do tell all and starve while doing it, you answering to me made me see the pictures of meat, so me turning into a ball is completely your fault.

There is no smiley that has pained enough expression on it's face to show you what I'm going trough now. Even the russell looks like shit!
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2014, 07:59 PM   #11
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Satan's Chariot 2.0

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrubber View Post
So how did you deal with removing the Chemical Agent Reactive Coating (CARC) paint in the can?

As I understand it you can cook it out with sufficient heat, but likely don't want to breath the smoke from it.
I burned some off. The rest will come later.
I've read some things saying it's not CARC & others saying it is.
Appreciate 0