F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > BimmerTech F30 Comfort Access Retrofit
ARMA SPEED

08-10-2017, 01:36 PM   #419
jonnyfive
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3; 2016 X1

Update on my previous issue. I learned that the door needs to be closed to test the system; the door handle does not work with an open door. I originally had the door open, as I wanted to test everything before reassembling the door panels. Thanks to Bimmertech for being available over the phone to troubleshoot during this process (and also over-nighting my reverse camera to me).
Appreciate 1
obert1781.00
      08-21-2017, 03:01 PM   #420
jtskariah
Bud Light General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 CS Limerock Grey

It's been a while since I posted in this thread but I wanted to give a update regarding the kit and the current issue I am having. The kit has been working as advertised until a recent trip to the dealer. I decided that I wanted to get the MPPK. By getting the MPPK from BMW, the dealer re-flashes the ECU and deletes all prior coding. Initially I was under the assumption that since the retrofit is a option that does not require any additional coding, there should be no interference or problems after the MPPK install. Unfortunately I learned that is not the case, as of now my comfort access is not working at all. However, I do notice that my mirrors still fold and unfold when locking/unlocking the car with my keys. I contacted bimmertech and have a appointment with my installer to see what the problem is-thankfully, bimmertech has been very responsive and living up to their reputation when it comes to customer service. From what I was told, coding should have no effect on the CA system bimmertech offers so they believe something must have been physically done to the system. After asking the dealer they assure me all that was done to the car was the airbox and engine cover replacement in the engine bay and the ECU flash through their coding system. I am posting on this forum to see if anyone has any idea what may be the cause, it may help us this friday when we try to figure out why the system stopped working.

I also do want to note I was randomly able to lock the car once by placing my door on the handle after the MPPK install but I have had no other successful attempts.

Last edited by jtskariah; 08-21-2017 at 03:11 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2017, 04:48 AM   #421
obert
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyfive View Post
Update on my previous issue. I learned that the door needs to be closed to test the system; the door handle does not work with an open door. I originally had the door open, as I wanted to test everything before reassembling the door panels. Thanks to Bimmertech for being available over the phone to troubleshoot during this process (and also over-nighting my reverse camera to me).
I also learned the trunk needs to be closed so everything work properly for testing purposes.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2017, 06:36 AM   #422
jtskariah
Bud Light General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtskariah View Post
It's been a while since I posted in this thread but I wanted to give a update regarding the kit and the current issue I am having. The kit has been working as advertised until a recent trip to the dealer. I decided that I wanted to get the MPPK. By getting the MPPK from BMW, the dealer re-flashes the ECU and deletes all prior coding. Initially I was under the assumption that since the retrofit is a option that does not require any additional coding, there should be no interference or problems after the MPPK install. Unfortunately I learned that is not the case, as of now my comfort access is not working at all. However, I do notice that my mirrors still fold and unfold when locking/unlocking the car with my keys. I contacted bimmertech and have a appointment with my installer to see what the problem is-thankfully, bimmertech has been very responsive and living up to their reputation when it comes to customer service. From what I was told, coding should have no effect on the CA system bimmertech offers so they believe something must have been physically done to the system. After asking the dealer they assure me all that was done to the car was the airbox and engine cover replacement in the engine bay and the ECU flash through their coding system. I am posting on this forum to see if anyone has any idea what may be the cause, it may help us this friday when we try to figure out why the system stopped working.

I also do want to note I was randomly able to lock the car once by placing my door on the handle after the MPPK install but I have had no other successful attempts.
Just a update.. after evaluation from my installer. We are thinking that the cause may be do to the MPPK coding (since it updated the ECU). When taking apart the car we looked at the control board and saw a red LED (as expected-showing the system was getting power), when we put our hand on the door handle (either driver or passenger side) there was a clicking noise (coming from the control board) and a blue LED came on temporarily, the system was registering my hand on the door handle but it was not unlocking/locking the car. It was very strange.. we are contacting bimmertech on what to do next.
      09-08-2017, 11:25 AM   #423
jtskariah
Bud Light General
United_States
Rep

Update 3: We had a scheduled appointment with bimmertech to see why the comfort access stopped working and if coding was involved but something interesting happened. I walked up to the car today and put my hand on the door handle and lo and behold, it just started working. I did not do anything different and the system has been inactive for a few weeks prior to today-it just decided to start working all of a sudden. I honestly hope it stays that way but at the same time I have no idea what's going on

Edit: system stopped working again the following day.. now that I think about it I disconnected the negative terminal of the car battery the day before CA started working again.. the issue may be due to a battery related problem. In the past when I got the CA installed I would get some battery discharge messages in idrive every once in a while.. the CA may be draining the battery while the car is asleep

Last edited by jtskariah; 09-09-2017 at 07:56 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2017, 01:15 AM   #424
Jhnblckwood
Captain
Rep
Drives: F30 2014 320i xdrive

Quote:
Update 3: We had a scheduled appointment with bimmertech to see why the comfort access stopped working and if coding was involved but something interesting happened. I walked up to the car today and put my hand on the door handle and lo and behold, it just started working. I did not do anything different and the system has been inactive for a few weeks prior to today-it just decided to start working all of a sudden. I honestly hope it stays that way but at the same time I have no idea what's going on

Edit: system stopped working again the following day.. now that I think about it I disconnected the negative terminal of the car battery the day before CA started working again.. the issue may be due to a battery related problem. In the past when I got the CA installed I would get some battery discharge messages in idrive every once in a while.. the CA may be draining the battery while the car is asleep
Any update on ur issue?
Appreciate 1
Dfahmy139.50
      12-23-2017, 10:23 AM   #425
Needlerp
Registered
Rep
Drives: X3 F25 2017

X25 Alarm not disabled with BimmerTech CA

I've received the BimmerTech Comfort Access kit for my X3 F25 and installed it fine - the doors lock and unlock quickly with no delay.

However, whilst it unlocks the car, it doesn't disable the alarm so the alarm goes off as soon as I open the door. I have to use my key unlock button to disable it. Also unlocking with the tailgate button unlocks the doors, but the boot/trunk still won't open until I unlock with the key button - then it works fine again.

When using Comfort Access to lock the car, it does enable the alarm fine - you can see the right light flashing on the rear view mirror.

I've emailed the BimmerTech support but I guess they're now off for Christmas - has anybody else had this problem?

One thing I did notice was that for my X3 the only new cables to connect to the main harness were Red (Drivers door), Black (Passenger Door) and small white (Trunk antenna). There were no cables for either the large white or small brown connectors - I presumed these weren't required.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2017, 12:33 AM   #426
FaRKle!
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 328d Wagon, M2 Comp, i4 eD35

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Needlerp View Post
I've received the BimmerTech Comfort Access kit for my X3 F25 and installed it fine - the doors lock and unlock quickly with no delay.

However, whilst it unlocks the car, it doesn't disable the alarm so the alarm goes off as soon as I open the door. I have to use my key unlock button to disable it. Also unlocking with the tailgate button unlocks the doors, but the boot/trunk still won't open until I unlock with the key button - then it works fine again.

When using Comfort Access to lock the car, it does enable the alarm fine - you can see the right light flashing on the rear view mirror.

I've emailed the BimmerTech support but I guess they're now off for Christmas - has anybody else had this problem?

One thing I did notice was that for my X3 the only new cables to connect to the main harness were Red (Drivers door), Black (Passenger Door) and small white (Trunk antenna). There were no cables for either the large white or small brown connectors - I presumed these weren't required.
Just to clarify, your vehicle didn't have CA from the factory at all, right? Mine did, and I added the Bimmertech CA kit to the rear doors, but if I used the factory CA front doors to unlock/open the car my alarm would go off.

Some of the connectors in the harness where the doors plug into weren't used on mine either. I also was given the harness for four doors, when I only needed two (shouldn't matter though).
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2017, 03:59 AM   #427
Needlerp
Registered
Rep
Drives: X3 F25 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaRKle! View Post
Just to clarify, your vehicle didn't have CA from the factory at all, right? Mine did, and I added the Bimmertech CA kit to the rear doors, but if I used the factory CA front doors to unlock/open the car my alarm would go off.

Some of the connectors in the harness where the doors plug into weren't used on mine either. I also was given the harness for four doors, when I only needed two (shouldn't matter though).
No, I’ve got Keyless start which I think is on all models, but not factory fitted CA. I got the front two handles only.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2018, 06:05 PM   #428
Michael435i
United_States
Rep
Drives: F36 435i

I’m interested in a group buy.
Also whats the issue with the battery drain problem for those who installed CA.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2018, 11:23 AM   #429
mesallem
Rep
Drives: 2014 328d

Also interested in a group buy!!! lets get this together
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2018, 12:52 PM   #430
Jhnblckwood
Captain
Rep

Any update with the alarm going off. Sounds very annoying. Whole point is to not have to take fob out of ur pocket to unlock doors.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2018, 04:47 AM   #431
RayonF30
Private
Rep
Drives: Black BMW F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesallem View Post
Also interested in a group buy!!! lets get this together
Need 5 people. I am also interested.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2018, 11:31 PM   #432
Malekko_Josh
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3

I'm interested in group buy!
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2018, 09:24 PM   #433
BMalone
Rep
Drives: 428i Grand Coupe

Group buy

People still looking to do a group buy? I’d be in
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2018, 03:20 PM   #434
obert
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Has anyone uninstalled this and sold it to another yet?
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2018, 04:26 PM   #435
gicabrera
Rep
Drives: f30 328i M Sport

Quote:

Did you ever figure this out?
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2018, 04:37 PM   #436
obert
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gicabrera View Post
Did you ever figure this out?
Yes and no.

The updated software from the dealer did mess with the functionality of the kit. They did some remote coding and got it to work but I can only use the kit to unlock and lock the car. If I use the key fob it will mess everything up again and the only way to reset everything is to disconnect the battery. They are still looking into how to possibly fix it.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2018, 10:56 AM   #437
gicabrera
Rep

So my CA stopped working after a visit to the dealer. The dealer replaced my FEM and left my CA disconnected. When I reconnected it, it worked once and then stopped, just like jtskariah's issue. I reached out to BimmerTech and they offered to replace the module. Hopefully this works.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2018, 09:58 AM   #438
gicabrera
Rep

same

Same issue here. Bimmertech sent me a new module and it worked for a few days. Now I'm back to have no unlock capability with the CA and sometimes it will lock with the CA. I did notice that the only way to open the boot is with the fob or interior button, touch will not work. I am convinced it is a coding thing, not the module.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2018, 10:05 AM   #439
obert
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

I am having to disconnect my battery to get my car to work correctly again. If I open my trunk with the doors lock my four ways will start to flash. The only way to stop it is to drive the car but once I stop it starts again and I have to disconnect my battery.

I did a coding section with them and it did fix some things but not everything. So I am stuck dealing with these issues forever it seems. If it was an easy uninstall I would do it and sell it.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2018, 09:09 PM   #440
Jhnblckwood
Captain
Rep

No bueno. The $500 for the fem max n going oem seems about worth it at this point. No disrespect to bimmertech. Js
Appreciate 0