F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > F36 Updates
GetBMWParts

01-24-2017, 04:08 PM   #1
akshiuk
Rep
Drives: 420d M Sport Gran Coupe

F36 Updates

Hello All,

Hope you are all well !

I finally found a great demo 420d with almost all the options I needed so I quickly bought it off the dealer. Thanks to all members here for their useful advice and help (you know who you are guys !).

The car has the M sport plus pack with adaptive suspension, adaptive lights, sun roof and electric seats along with some other bits and bobs (split seats, folding and dimming mirrors etc.).

Its been only a few days and I'm still getting used to the car but here are some initial impressions followed by a few queries :

1.) Amazing drive, especially after I hit the 20-25 mph mark. The engine seems to have loads of torque right upto the 90 mph mark (did not take it beyond that point so far)

2.) The adaptive xenons are amazing after my old halogens. Night driving is pure joy now !

3.) Adaptive suspension is a funny one. At times I can swear that there is a difference in ride and bump handling quality but at other times, I can only feel the suspension stiffen without change in bump absorbing quality. Maybe too early to say and I definitely need some more time to test this feature.

4.) The iDrive system is brilliant. Easy and intuitive to use. Again, have to spend some more time with it but so far, so good.

A couple of quick questions:

1.) I've got the gap insurance sorted, should I look at getting the alloys and wheel insurance done as well ? If yes, any recommended providers ?

2.) The dealer tried to push a paint seal job which I declined, but I am tempted to get one done from an independent detailer closer to home. Any advice regarding Gtechniq Crystal Serum Light ? Also need to get the interior done as I have a small boy who likes to throw stuff around.

Look forward to your comments and recommendations on the above.

Will definitely do a more detailed review once I have covered a few more miles !

Cheers,

Akshiuk
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2017, 03:42 AM   #2
DanChapman90
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F32 M Sport

2) - a proper detailer will provide you with a much better service than the 'seal and protect' BMW wipe over your paint work. Gtechniq is very good stuff, I used the C5 wheel armour on my old Audi S5 (will be adding to the F32 soon) and found it to be great stuff. There are quite a few different protections out there but you'll be happy in the knowing that it's been properly applied without causing any paint swirls/marring.
      01-25-2017, 04:22 AM   #3
Torque of the Devil
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 440i Gran Coupe

Gtechniq is as good as anything available

I recently did my car with

C1- Protective glass coat that stops paint getting swirled

then

Exo V2 - Hydrophobic coating that helps prevent dirt/water sticking to the car
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2017, 07:38 AM   #4
MrChumley
Major
Rep
Drives: F33 440i convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshiuk View Post
1.) I've got the gap insurance sorted, should I look at getting the alloys and wheel insurance done as well ?
That depends on how good/bad you are at parking. I've never claimed for alloys and only once for a puncture so I'm not planning to take it out on my next car.

Chip/scratch/dent insurance on the other hand has paid for itself many times over.
Appreciate 0