F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition > Marijuana is good for your health
proTUNING Freaks
Closed Thread

02-24-2014, 05:11 PM   #111
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Probably common sense should be your guide. Hitting yourself in the head with a stick can make you feel dizzy and weird, probably bad for you. Pot makes you slow and stupid while using, for most that isn't an improvement.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2014, 05:16 PM   #112
Adarnall
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi e90

Garage List
2007 BMW 328xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
Probably common sense should be your guide. Hitting yourself in the head with a stick can make you feel dizzy and weird, probably bad for you. Pot makes you slow and stupid while using, for most that isn't an improvement.
The same could be said for alcohol.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2014, 05:21 PM   #113
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adarnall View Post
The same could be said for alcohol.
Yes your catching on alcohol isn't good for you either! I drink alcohol knowing full well it is harmful. I'm not brain damaged enough yet to try and prove its good for me.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2014, 12:08 PM   #114
bmw325i
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i

Quote:
Yes your catching on alcohol isn't good for you either! I drink alcohol knowing full well it is harmful. I'm not brain damaged enough yet to try and prove its good for me.
Except marijuana does not cause brain damage and alcohol does. Personally I do not like alcohol, but I wouldn't tell somebody they shouldn't drink alcohol and I wouldn't say alcohol should be illegal. It is useful for some things, but I don't think we should be drinking it.

Have you ever heard of the endocannabinoid system? Our bodies naturally produce cannabinoids, and THC is no different than anandamide which is naturally found in the body. The "high" is simply the result of your cb1 and cb2 receptors being activated.

Alcohol slows down brain functions and causes your brain to release dopamine. This causes the happy feeling you get and also the impairment that comes with it.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2014, 02:03 PM   #115
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Nope never heard of it, sounds kinda made up by someone trying to validate marijuana. Alcohol is worse for you I will agree but to pretend either is good for you is laughable.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2014, 02:06 PM   #116
bmw325i
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Nope never heard of it, sounds kinda made up by someone trying to validate marijuana. Alcohol is worse for you I will agree but to pretend either is good for you is laughable.
It's definetly not made up. You can look it up for yourself.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2014, 02:16 PM   #117
pkimM3r
Banned
Rep
Drives: m3 saloon in granny mode.

i remember almost 20 years ago i came up with a theorem that while greeneries may kill your brain cells, it still makes you sharper upon observation of subjects. It goes something like this (and this is in no way completely made up to validate the usage whatsoever):

Buffalo Theory: buffalo travel in herds and are only as fast as the slowest moving member of the herd. The slowest ones get hunted and leave the herd one by one---> the herd is now smaller but faster.

Let the dumb brain cells get killed off and become more creative, sharper, and become a genius!

Anybody remember RooR pieces? Mine were named John McEnRooR and RooR Jones Jr. Beat that.

Appreciate 0
      02-25-2014, 02:18 PM   #118
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Will that prove its good for you? We have receptors for opioids as well?
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2014, 02:21 PM   #119
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkim1079 View Post
i remember almost 20 years ago i came up with a theorem that while greeneries may kill your brain cells, it still makes you sharper upon observation of subjects. It goes something like this (and this is in no way completely made up to validate the usage whatsoever):

Buffalo Theory: buffalo travel in herds and are only as fast as the slowest moving member of the herd. The slowest ones get hunted and leave the herd one by one---> the herd is now smaller but faster.

Let the dumb brain cells get killed off and become more creative, sharper, and become a genius!

Anybody remember RooR pieces? Mine were named John McEnRooR and RooR Jones Jr. Beat that.

I have made up similar therories about the bad cells being killed, in my liver, brain and wherever else I damage. Turns me into a superhero eventually.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2014, 02:24 PM   #120
pkimM3r
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Will that prove its good for you? We have receptors for opioids as well?
opiods are good as well.....they are also great at removing body parts especially if you just inject into the same part consistently.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2014, 02:26 PM   #121
pkimM3r
Banned
Rep

Quote:
I have made up similar therories about the bad cells being killed, in my liver, brain and wherever else I damage. Turns me into a superhero eventually.
Liver works better with alcohol. There are things called speed-balls to speed up the process by 1000 fold. It isn't for the weak.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2014, 07:47 PM   #122
bmw325i
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkim1079 View Post

Here is an interesting article about that.

http://healthland.time.com/2012/10/2...w-brain-aging/

"The latest review, published in Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society B, suggests that activating the brain’s cannabinoid system may trigger a sort of anti-oxidant cleanse, removing damaged cells and improving the efficiency of the mitochrondria, the energy source that powers cells, ultimately leading to a more robustly functioning brain."
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2014, 09:36 PM   #123
pkimM3r
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw325i View Post
Here is an interesting article about that.

http://healthland.time.com/2012/10/2...w-brain-aging/

"The latest review, published in Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society B, suggests that activating the brain’s cannabinoid system may trigger a sort of anti-oxidant cleanse, removing damaged cells and improving the efficiency of the mitochrondria, the energy source that powers cells, ultimately leading to a more robustly functioning brain."
what? i thought of this shit up in 1991. i should have published it.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2014, 09:54 PM   #124
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

You missed it by a few years, keep up.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2014, 07:18 AM   #125
fatpanda
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3 E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw325i View Post
Except marijuana does not cause brain damage and alcohol does.
http://www.drugabuse.gov/publication...our-brain-body

"Memory impairment from marijuana use occurs because THC alters how information is processed in the hippocampus, a brain area responsible for memory formation."

dont know abt u but that sure sounds like some level of brain damage...
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2014, 07:41 AM   #126
SenorFunkyPants
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatpanda View Post

"Memory impairment from marijuana use occurs because THC alters how information is processed in the hippocampus, a brain area responsible for memory formation."
You can always rely on Government anti drug propaganda.
With all the value of anecdotal information: Myself and two friends smoked a bit when we were kids. I stopped while my two pals continued unabated to the present day.
They both have great memories - one even told me the other day the name of the Roxy Music song that was playing when I first asked a girl (who was later to become my wife) to dance in a club...me I had no clue....in fact I struggle to remember what day of the week it is.

Last edited by SenorFunkyPants; 02-26-2014 at 07:47 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2014, 08:19 AM   #127
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
If people want to do pot, who cares. If people don't want to do pot, who the fuck cares. Everyone is always trying to push their agenda on others...
      07-16-2014, 01:30 AM   #128
Jaswindersingh
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW

Drugs were invented for diseases cure but people today are using them for fun. IMO almost every drug is good for health if used in moderate quantity. I am not saying from my personal experience. What other says i don't know.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2014, 01:39 AM   #129
Devious21
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaswindersingh View Post
Drugs were invented for diseases cure but people today are using them for fun. IMO almost every drug is good for health if used in moderate quantity. I am not saying from my personal experience. What other says i don't know.
Did you get high, then stumble upon this thread to post that?

|Evolve Airbox - Euro Headers - Strömung Exhaust - H&R Coils - 19" BBS CH-R|
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2014, 03:06 PM   #130
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

Scientists at the University of East Anglia have shown how the main psychoactive ingredient in cannabis could reduce tumor growth in cancer patients.

Research reveals the existence of previously unknown signaling platforms which are responsible for the drug’s success in shrinking tumors.

It is hoped that the findings could help develop a synthetic equivalent with anti-cancer properties.

The research was co-led with the Universidad Complutense de Madridin, Spain. The team used samples of human cancer cells to induce tumors in mice. They then targeted the tumors with doses of the cannabis compound THC (Tetrahydrocannabinol). They found that two cell receptors in particular were responsible for the drug’s anti-tumor effects.

“THC, the major active component of marijuana, has anti-cancer properties. This compound is known to act through a specific family of cell receptors called cannabinoid receptors. However, it was unclear which of these receptors were responsible for the anti-tumor effects of THC," said Dr. Peter McCormick, from UEA’s school of Pharmacy. “We show that these effects are mediated via the joint interaction of CB2 and GPR55 - two members of the cannabinoid receptor family. Our findings help explain some of the well-known but still poorly understood effects of THC at low and high doses on tumor growth."

McCormick added: “There has been a great deal of interest in understanding the molecular mechanisms behind how marijuana, and specifically THC, influence cancer pathology. There has also been a drive in the pharmaceutical industry to create synthetic equivalents that might have anti-cancer properties. By identifying the receptors involved we have provided an important step towards the future development of therapeutics that can take advantage of the interactions we have discovered to reduce tumor growth.”

McCormick also said that cancer sufferers should not be tempted to self-medicate.

“Our research uses an isolated chemical compound and using the correct concentration is vital. Cancer patients should not use cannabis to self-medicate, but I hope that our research will lead to a safe synthetic equivalent being available in the future," he said.

The study, "Targeting CB2 –GPR55 receptor heteromers modulates cancer cell signaling," is published in the Journal of Biological Chemistry.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2014, 03:12 PM   #131
JM35
N54 Tuner
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i 6spd

Threads like this really need to stay off car forums....off topic section or not.

600hp 135i build blog
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2014, 01:09 PM   #132
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

Medical marijuana in NY: Approved!
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread