F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition > Marijuana is good for your health
Extreme Powerhouse
Closed Thread

08-29-2014, 10:18 AM   #155
MYovichZ4
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 3.0i Roadster

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nkc View Post
What health benefits?

No a side note, I just got my mom vaping weed last weed. She's been dealing with depression all her life and have been prescribed antidepressants by her doctors. I'm gonna see how this goes. Will report back in a month.
Waiting to hear...
Wife has Multiple Sclerosis as well as depression. The doctor has said that he can prescribe to help with both.

2007 BMW Z4 3.0i Roadster / Silver Grey
BMW CCA 492691
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2014, 10:21 AM   #156
Chopper2017
Rep
Drives: MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nkc View Post
What health benefits?

On a side note, I just got my mom vaping weed last weed. She's been dealing with depression all her life and have been prescribed antidepressants by her doctors. I'm gonna see how this goes. Will report back in a month.
anti cancer benefits
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2014, 01:28 PM   #157
Peter-K
Private
Rep
Drives: 220d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopper2017 View Post
anti cancer benefits
Please look at the web site of Cancer Research UK "We’re the largest fundraising medical research charity in the world. Search for funding and find about our research strategy." There are two links below.
http://scienceblog.cancerresearchuk....yths-debunked/

http://scienceblog.cancerresearchuk....idence-so-far/
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2014, 07:42 PM   #158
Lillian Terry
Banned
Rep
Drives: Lancer 2000

Hi, in my own view, besides a few advantages of using Marijuana in regards to a relieve of cancer pain, I will still strongly believe that it is still hazardous to health and well being of a person.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2014, 10:10 PM   #159
Ali Shiralian
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i xdrive, 2014 X5 3.5d

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw325i View Post
I haven't found any credible studies linking use to brain damage if you can find any to show me that would be great. The only negative studies I've seen were during the days of government propaganda, such as Reefer Madness.

I've seen studies that show users have a higher iq. Personally I believe it from use.
Check the latest Harvard study on the longterm use of marijuana. Also pay attention to its finding as far as cognitive problems and social issues that go along with long term usage. I myself have lost few friends who have chosen to smoke weed than do ANYTHING else. When you smoke weed, you run your own show and really don't care about much else. Priority number one is to get it and then smoke it. Everything else comes secondary after a while.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2014, 10:16 PM   #160
Ali Shiralian
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i xdrive, 2014 X5 3.5d

Garage List
ALSO,

My personal opinion is that there is big conspiracy to get people high so that they dont care about all the injustice in the world caused by governments around the world. All the states that have legalized marijuana want their citizens to just be high and have no energy to discuss/ argue/ care about the ridiculous social policies. Wake up people, there is a higher agenda...
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2014, 11:08 PM   #161
PURE135i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: dct beast

All the medicine pills/prescriptions people take daily are probably far worse long term than smoking...IMO. Smoking MJ does create a change of character long term if used regularly (2 Js a day). I've grown up with friends that still smoke 24/7 and watched them change. I've also seen them quit for months at a time and change for the better. More aware and correspondent that's for sure. Alcohol is a more dangerous "drug" than MJ IMO as well.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2014, 10:58 AM   #162
Devious21
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali Shiralian View Post
ALSO,

My personal opinion is that there is big conspiracy to get people high so that they dont care about all the injustice in the world caused by governments around the world. All the states that have legalized marijuana want their citizens to just be high and have no energy to discuss/ argue/ care about the ridiculous social policies. Wake up people, there is a higher agenda...

|Evolve Airbox - Euro Headers - Strömung Exhaust - H&R Coils - 19" BBS CH-R|
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2014, 08:01 PM   #163
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

God I love this thread. The rationalizations are priceless.

Oh hell, someone send me a joint so I can see what all the hub bub is about..

Last edited by upstatedoc; 12-26-2014 at 07:29 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2014, 09:55 AM   #164
Socket
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW E92  [0.00]
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2014, 10:10 AM   #165
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

I think Mary Jane is good for glaucoma, but I think being incarcerated or losing other privileges for being found in possession of or under the influence of it is very bad for my health along with other aspects of my life. MJ would have to have a staggeringly high and positive impact on some aspect of my health for me to consider the effect worth my seeking out some weed and using it.

For the most part it's a recreational drug just as alcohol is, and if one wants to risk using it, then so be it. I smoked it back in my younger days and I quite literally grew out of it. I didn't make any concerted effort to stop smoking it; I just did. The shift had nothing to do with the legal aspect of using it nor with any real or imagined health effects. My life changed, and I didn't really have the time or inclination to bother with it.

Overall, I guess I'm not surprised that someone wants to discuss the health benefits of weed. Folks seem to want to find all sorts of reasons to make sensible those things they do which common wisdom or social mores say they should eschew. I say be an adult; use it if you want to, or don't, but frankly whether one does or not is nobody's business. We don't need to know until there's a real and present occasion for us to know, and one need not share the information.

All the best.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2014, 10:38 AM   #166
litxus
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 09 E90 335i sedan

Damn, this thread still going?

BTW when is the "Run from the cure 2" coming out?

The way I look at it, is that WEED (whether medicinal (oil) or smoking) creates a huge problem for corporations which makes loads of $$$ right now. Think pharma industry as well as alcohol and tabaco. And do you think these corporations will allow anyone to touch their money? They already pay / lobby politicians to get their way and will do whatever is necessary to keep everything the same.
Appreciate 1
      01-01-2015, 03:02 PM   #167
eup4oria
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2008 Z4

I smoked it when I was in my teens and twenties. I quit only because of adult responsibilities. I do not really enjoy alcohol and never experienced a hangover from pot. I'm in my late 50's now and once I retire I do believe I will smoke it again.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2015, 01:49 PM   #168
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by eup4oria View Post
I smoked it when I was in my teens and twenties. I quit only because of adult responsibilities. I do not really enjoy alcohol and never experienced a hangover from pot. I'm in my late 50's now and once I retire I do believe I will smoke it again.
Along that line of reason, I have to say I'd sooner pot be legal and alcohol be illegal. That is if I were made to chose between them. There are a great many things I can say from experience that stoned people just don't do that in comparison, drunk (or even slightly under the influence of alcohol) folks will readily do.
  • Stoned people drive more slowly. I don't really know why, but they do; perhaps stoned folks realize they aren't "in their right mind," so to speak? Drunk people often enough seem to have no conception that their abilities are impaired.
  • Stoned people rarely pick fights or behave violently. Folks, after a few drinks, seem to have the temper of a hippo or hornet, and are willing to countenance not even the slightest real or imagined affront to themselves. Moreover, throw things or themselves at other things and people, and they crash cars into property, nature's blessings, and other people.
  • Stoned people are contributors to at least one thing good; they invariably buy food, typically the highest profit margin sorts of food from the least consumer-cost-efficient places at which one might buy it, even though they don't really need nourishment. Given enough alcohol, a drinker will become a drain on "something," be it their friends' time and patience or a that of a third party, when they become sick, incapacitated, or God forbid, accidentally or intentionally violent.
Mind you, I'm not saying stoned folks never do any of the things I've cited alcohol users as doing, I'm just saying they do it less often.

All the best.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2015, 09:27 PM   #169
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep

Did anyone on here happen to watch CNN's special report on Mary Jane this evening?

Most enlightening...I was quite surprised to find that the U.S. government holds ownership of a patent that demonstrates at least one medical use of MJ....this even as it maintains MJ's status as Schedule 1 controlled substance, which by definition of what it means to be a Schedule 1 substance means it has no medical value or usefulness.

Now I don't care too much whether MJ is or isn't a Schedule 1 substance, but I care even less, quite a good deal less, for the hypocrisy and conflicting nature of the U.S. government taking such diametrically opposed positions. And that's even before I consider that it's holding the patent it does prevents anyone else from availing themselves of the beneficial impact that's clearly been proven beyond all doubt by virtue of the patent's having been granted. Moreover, I cannot help but think that someone in the government knew damn well that MJ has medical value and the only way to keep the legal door to exploiting it, and presumably "speeding the slide down the slippery slope of depravity," was to obtain the patent it did.

That sort of domestic contrivance is unconscionable to me. Our government exists to make the lives of its citizens better and to the extent that that patent stands in the way of doing that for some citizens, it's just flat out wrong, morally and ethically.

One thing that surprises me as well regarding the movement to legalize MJ is that the movement's supporters haven't made a concerted effort to make jury nullification quite well known around the country so that eventually, when folks come to trial MJ possession/use, eventually it will be unavoidable that jurors are unaware of that final check/balance against governmental tyranny that has been Constitutionally provided, and it will become impossible to seat a jury that isn't very well aware of their right in that regard. At that point, sooner or later, juries will exercise that right and overthrow existing MJ laws, and the effect of doing so will effect change far more rapidly than will the bureaucratic wrangling that must go on to do so administratively.

Too often, Americans overlook that our country was created with the intent that governance occur of, for and by the people. Yes, it's a representative democracy, but the fact is that jury nullification is very much and quite literally what is and was meant in the "by the people" component of our founding principles. It's the people's duty, when collectively they feel a law that has been created is just wrong, not to support it in the most critical voting opportunty they as individuals have, and that is their vote as jurors.

All the best.

Last edited by tony20009; 01-07-2015 at 01:49 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2015, 10:11 AM   #170
deeLow
DOPE
Rep
Drives: F80

I just quit smoking as part of my NYR, man this sucks. I quit back in June for a few months only to start back up, and now I need to quit for at least a year as I'm trying to get myself in a new position somewhere and I just can't risk it. I find myself a bit edgy and easy to aggravate but nothing where I'm losing my mind over it. Just have to break the first couple weeks and no worries after that.

I absolutely can't stand how the U.S. Classifies it exactly like heroin, when it's nothing alike.

I haven't met a single person in my life who had a PHYSICAL addiction to MJ, only mentally. But try heroin and the physical addiction kicks in almost instantly. It's also pathetic how people say once you're smoking you will experiment with other hard drugs. BS, I've only smoked weed for years and that's it.

Shit, I used to take prescriptions on occasion 10years ago before 1 time I was puking like crazy and I haven't touched them since. I have NO desire to take even OTC meds, including Tylenol and Advil, just give me a J and call it a day.

Fuck the war on drugs royally right up the shitter.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2015, 11:00 AM   #171
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony20009 View Post
Our government exists to make the lives of its citizens better and to the extent that that patent stands in the way of doing that for some citizens, it's just flat out wrong, morally and ethically.
Where you been Tony, I would vote for you! UNFORTUNATELY, reality is slightly different than your point of view. Don't get me wrong, I wish more held your PoV, especially those who were running/in office.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2015, 01:37 PM   #172
Dalko43
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 Toyota 4Runner Trail

Garage List
Holy Crap! Was this OP serious? Marijuana might have health benefits...people need to read some f$*%ing books.
      01-11-2015, 08:51 AM   #173
tritonx
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '11 128i, '92 325is

Garage List
2011 128i  [0.00]
1992 325is  [0.00]
1994 318is  [0.00]
Shame on the prohibitionists, they are on the wrong side of history and they know it.

Go watch "The Culture High" if you still think the prohibition is great for humanity and then we can discuss it.
      01-11-2015, 09:29 AM   #174
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalko43 View Post
Holy Crap! Was this OP serious? Marijuana might have health benefits...people need to read some f$*%ing books.
This is an old, but priceless, thread.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2015, 10:01 PM   #175
Dalko43
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 Toyota 4Runner Trail

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tritonx View Post
Shame on the prohibitionists, they are on the wrong side of history and they know it.

Go watch "The Culture High" if you still think the prohibition is great for humanity and then we can discuss it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
This is an old, but priceless, thread.
Listen, don't get me wrong on this. I could care less if someone wants to smoke some weed. So long as its verified that its not supporting some narco-terrorist state, smoke away...it's your body.

I just think its ridiculous when people of a certain cloth try to portray marijuana use as beneficial or harm-free, while at the same time spending millions of $ on anti-tobacco campaigns.

Smoking, whether its tobacco or weed, is not good for your health, especially your lungs. So long as people understand that, I agree, it should be an individual's choice to partake or not.
      01-15-2015, 12:03 AM   #176
gibbon7000
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e92 coupe

I was a heavy weed smoker for 17 years of my life, from 16 until 33. I love weed, I love smoking weed, I love the chilled feeling of being stoned, I basically love almost everything about weed. My attitude wasn't so great though, I had a short fuse and was very arrogant about my views and opinions, plus it made me very lazy. I stopped smoking due to my daughter being born, i went cold turkey, It was hard, I had constant thoughts of having a joint for 9 months, the slightest bit of stress in my life and i wanted a smoke.

Since quitting i seem to be a lot more chilled out with life. I have more energy. sleeping is not so good, I lay awake most nights. But the biggest effect i can see in myself from long term weed smoking is my short term memory. I cant remember shit, which really does annoy me. Everything has to be written down, I have list upon list.

Despite all of that i still miss weed. What i've done for the last 4-5 years is once or twice a year, jump on a flight to Amsterdam, 3 days, 2 nights and get hammered. Thats seems to satisfy my needs.
Appreciate 2
Closed Thread