F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes > Suspension Question 335 CPO
GetBMWParts

07-04-2016, 03:23 PM   #1
jsk5599
Rep
Drives: 335 Sedan Mineral Grey M Sport

Suspension Question 335 CPO

Id imagine that I am in a similar situation as a few people with an F30. I bought a 335i xDrive Sedan, CPO. I also have the extended maintenance program.

However I have the mod bug. My previous car had very few stock parts on it.

Here is the question that I could use some help from more experience BMW owners:

BMW doesn't cover suspension parts in the CPO warranty or the Extended maintenance per the fine print (at least thats my interpretation) so what is the point of staying with stock parts? - shocks normally wear would 40-50k miles.
Would using aftermarket coil-overs or shock/struts expose me to warranty issues?

The car is far too soft, the xDrive was a necessity as I move frequently and an extra set of wheels and tires for winter was a real PITA with my last car. It seems that modifying the xDrive cars is far harder and I'm concerned about damaging wheel bearings, half shafts, or any other xDrive component that is sure to be expensive by changing suspension geometry.

If anyone has come across this issue or has experience please let me know.
Also let me know if my assumptions about BMW warranty/extended maintenance is wrong

Thanks!
      07-06-2016, 01:39 PM   #2
pjkbrit
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i 6MT ZHP

I have the same car except for it being a 328.....std shocks are terrible...I dumped them immediately for Bilstein B6s....massive improvement. Also ditched the runflats and I carry a spare. I also have the CPO maintenence package....FWIW!
Appreciate 1
      07-06-2016, 04:56 PM   #3
SLOWER
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2003 M3

Garage List
You do not have anything to worry about. The only time an issue arises is if there is a failure/warranty claim that is suspension related and the dealer can point to your lowered suspension as the cause of the issue.
Appreciate 1
      07-07-2016, 11:46 AM   #4
jsk5599
Rep
Drives: 335 Sedan Mineral Grey M Sport

pjkbrit - did you do the install yourself or have a shop do it? I had a mustang in HS and did all the suspension work my self - but that car was super easy to work on.