F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Wireless phone charging
proTUNING Freaks

11-01-2012, 02:54 PM   #1
F30SD
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Waiting on 335i MG Sportline

Wireless phone charging

Has anyone seen an after market mod like this,

http://www.engadget.com/2009/02/13/k...for-samsung-t/

BMW 7 series has a wireless(inductive) phone charger built in the armrest console.
I really want one of these for my new 2013 335i. The Galaxy S3 has the capability for wireless charging, trying to find out if anyone has modded a powermat to fit in the snap in adapter spot.

This would allow you to stream music through bluetooth and not worry about plugging in your phone to charge.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2012, 04:24 PM   #2
pkimM3r
Banned
Rep
Drives: m3 saloon in granny mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30SD View Post
Has anyone seen an after market mod like this,

http://www.engadget.com/2009/02/13/k...for-samsung-t/

BMW 7 series has a wireless(inductive) phone charger built in the armrest console.
I really want one of these for my new 2013 335i. The Galaxy S3 has the capability for wireless charging, trying to find out if anyone has modded a powermat to fit in the snap in adapter spot.

This would allow you to stream music through bluetooth and not worry about plugging in your phone to charge.
Streaming through bluetooth, don't you have to control the music with your phone? What good is that if its inside the arm rest. Just charge and play through the interface.

Wait ..... can you not play samsung phones through the interface? And can you not play music streaming apps through the interface (idrive)? I'm asking not telling.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2012, 04:38 PM   #3
sr5959
Captain
Rep
Drives: 428GC M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkim1079 View Post
Streaming through bluetooth, don't you have to control the music with your phone? What good is that if its inside the arm rest. Just charge and play through the interface.

Wait ..... can you not play samsung phones through the interface? And can you not play music streaming apps through the interface (idrive)? I'm asking not telling.
You can go up/down tracks from the steering wheel controls when listening via Bluetooth.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2012, 05:03 PM   #4
F30SD
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Waiting on 335i MG Sportline

yeah, you can change the tracks through the steering thumbwheel. It is not all that difficult to plug in the phone, I just thought it would be cool and save 2 seconds when getting in the car.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2012, 05:18 PM   #5
sr5959
Captain
Rep
Drives: 428GC M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30SD View Post
yeah, you can change the tracks through the steering thumbwheel. It is not all that difficult to plug in the phone, I just thought it would be cool and save 2 seconds when getting in the car.
I normally keep my phone in the cupholder. If there was a wireless charger mat built in there it would be perfect!
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2012, 10:40 PM   #6
JUSKIDN
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 EBII 328i M Sport

I use the adapter that comes with the car and plug it into the USB in the console under the arm rest. You can charge your iPhone or iPod and even play music from them. I have the premium package so Im not sure of this is standard with the base model.