F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Bluetooth audio issue with Google Hangouts/BBM/Skype/Vonage Mobile App/etc??
Studio RSR

11-17-2014, 04:32 PM   #1
NickDC
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 428i Convertible

Bluetooth audio issue with Google Hangouts/BBM/Skype/Vonage Mobile App/etc??

I'm running Android 4.4.4 with Nexus 5 and unable to get any third party apps to work with the car bluetooth functionality (2014 428i Cv).
If I receive a call through these apps, or attempt to place a call it does not activate the receiving/dialing call feature through iDrive and sends the bluetooth audio into oblivion (I can see the app is using bluetooth and when someone answers I can't hear them nor can they hear me).

It seems for me it only works with the native google dialer where I can receive and make calls but it doesn't work through any of these 3rd party VOIP applications. Does anyone else have this issue? My phone has worked with other car bluetooth systems in rental cars, Toyotas, VWs and I was able to make calls without any issues.

Thanks!
Nick
Appreciate 0