F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > 2012 328i Ordered - Tracking Question
Extreme Powerhouse

06-15-2012, 05:15 PM   #1
Billman1020
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2012 328i

2012 328i Ordered - Tracking Question

Hi everyone - I recently placed an order for a new 2012 328i after scouring these forums and reading all excellent reviews and customer feedback on the new generation. Thanks to everyone here for providing so much information for new owners and those new to bmw ordering and pricing!

I got a great deal that I am very happy with - I've ordered a Luxury line 328i with all the packages except the HK Audio (based on feedback here that suggested the base system is adequate). I negotiated 500 over invoice with base rate MF, residuals, and bank fees, which I am very happy with. I'm also eligible for the college grad rebate, and I was able to find a CA and dealership that was willing to find a way to apply my future Team USA discount to the order as long as I attend the event I'm scheduled to before delivery. I don't want to go into too much detail out of respect to my CA and dealership but I think they have simply ordered a vehicle for their inventory to my specifications. I placed a $500 deposit when I placed the order to secure the deal.

So, I got $1500 under invoice on ~$50k MSRP configuration. My 12k lease has a payment around $475+tax (w/ 7 MSD's)!

My question relates to tracking - I have a VIN# from my CA and am told it has started production. I want to be able to track production and its shipment status without bugging my CA repeatedly, but can't do so through the normal online channels because it's not technically my order. If I call the 800# with the car's VIN, will I be able to follow the status this way? Does anyone think this could jeopardize the arrangement I've made with the dealer, or is the system anonymous and automated enough that nobody will notice or care? Is this the same number CA's call anyway if I were to ask them to get me an update? Thanks in advance for any insight you all could provide.

I'm so excited to get my car!! I'll be reading these forums a lot until then, and probably for a while after ...
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2012, 09:08 PM   #2
toph
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 328i Sport 6MT

Congrats on your order. You can call BMW, 1-800-831-1117, option 2 and then enter the last 7 digits of your VIN for status. You can do the same if you have the production number. I don't believe this will jeopardize your order in any way. Your CA has access the a Vehicle Inquiry Report, which has the best status information about the progress of your car. Like you, I don't want to be a pest to my CA. I call the number, check the BMWUSA website, rinse and repeat. The information on the phone is more detailed than tracking the production number on the website.