F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA > Have you considered Paint Protection on your new BMW?
Extreme Powerhouse

11-27-2012, 05:34 AM   #23
Spikey
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: erratically

very shiny~!! me likey
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2012, 06:50 AM   #24
TWD
Australia
Rep
Drives: All sorts of Cars

Cheers guys!
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2012, 05:09 PM   #25
beemermans
Private
Rep
Drives: 325i

TWD, Im having the Hard body wrap put on mine when delivered by Morrie @ reflection perfection in Melbourne so unfortunately I cant see you. He also offered me a coating in the name of Cquartz Finest. Have you heard of it? And if so whats your opinion of it? I am trying to decide but at the moment Im leaning favorably towards the Wolf's. I dont think anything comes close to shine and gloss of it.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2012, 06:28 PM   #26
TWD
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by beemermans View Post
TWD, Im having the Hard body wrap put on mine when delivered by Morrie @ reflection perfection in Melbourne so unfortunately I cant see you. He also offered me a coating in the name of Cquartz Finest. Have you heard of it? And if so whats your opinion of it? I am trying to decide but at the moment Im leaning favorably towards the Wolf's. I dont think anything comes close to shine and gloss of it.
I have heard of CQuartz Finest. It's a lot better than the original CQuartz product. I think it's a lot harder, not sure about durability, but it does look impressive from what I have seen. I cannot tell you what is better, because I haven't used the CQuartz product. Even so, the Hard Body is more than capable. From what I have seen, the CQuartz has amazing water beading properties and scratch resistance technology as well (hard coating). Similar to Hard Body.

Best thing to do would be to have a chat with Morrie and ask him what he thinks (because he has used both and can make a fair statement on recommendation) - you cannot go wrong either way
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2012, 06:42 PM   #27
beemermans
Private
Rep

Thanks mate, Morrie is pushing me towards hard body as he thinks that if i want the look which i do then go hard body. Cquartz finest has gloss but not as much as hard body, but just reading up on it on the net, its getting some real good reviews and so is Hard Body. I will just stick to Hard Body, dont want to do my head in over such a decision.
Maybe in a couple of years I will try Cquartz.
Thanks for the reply TWD.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2012, 08:08 PM   #28
David328M-Sport
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: F30 M-Sport 328i Estoril Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by beemermans View Post
Morrie is pushing me towards hard body
That's what he put on mine. No brainer for you.
Do remember though, you will still have to wash your car regularly, but it's a very easy wash unless you get the car very dirty or leave it too long between washes.

Cheers
328i M-Sport, Estoril Blue, Carbon XP 35 Tint, front heated seats, black Dakota, Sports Suspension, Anthracite Headliner, HUD, Pro Nav, Sunroof, hk 600w, Bi-Xenon, 19" 403M wheels, Reversing Camera, DAB+, Xenon, BT Ext Connect, MST turbo intake pipe, MST Cold Air Intake, JB4 on Map 2 with Catless DP produces awesome performance in Sport.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2012, 08:38 PM   #29
beemermans
Private
Rep

Thanks David, I'm convinced now to go Hard Body.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2012, 09:57 PM   #30
CKau
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 Xdrive30i M sport

How long does it take for the hard body product to cure? What about body wrap?

I am also thinking of getting this done as soon as I have taken delivery. How long would a 3 series take? Could I do it the afternoon after pickup?
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2012, 10:10 PM   #31
J1n
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: R8 V8 '14

1 day cure usually.. a proper prep should take about 8-12 hours depending also how many coats u gonna go through..

When I do a full job takes me 8 hours with one coat - not including the interior. I break up mine into a few sessions, interior and wheels i dont usually tackle on the same day.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2012, 10:34 PM   #32
TWD
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKau View Post

I am also thinking of getting this done as soon as I have taken delivery. How long would a 3 series take? Could I do it the afternoon after pickup?
The process will take us a day. Morning drop off. Afternoon pick up

Jesse from Wolf's claims it will harden up completely within 24 hours.
They also recommend a 2nd coat after 3 hours, to ensure 100% coverage, although I have never had an issue with coverage and I have not noticed any obvious benefits with the 2nd coat. Curing time is quicker than the Glass coating.

Feel free to email me if you require any other assistance: info@t-wd.net
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2012, 10:44 PM   #33
David328M-Sport
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: F30 M-Sport 328i Estoril Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKau View Post

No.

First of all the dealers love to apply the glaze on the paint for delivery. No, they won't leave it off - I asked before taking delivery of my car.

So, first off, the car has to be washed, de-glazed and cleaned up - maybe by machine. Let dry. Then add Wolf Chemicals Hard Body - in very light doses. Two coats will do the job and hopefully stay put for up to 2 years. Let's say 18 months to be sure. Apply first coat, then let dry for at least a couple of hours before applying 2nd coat. The product is so new that real result will only be available by early 2014, probably more like mid 2014.

I left the above job for a professional to carry out.

Follow up with weekly 2 bucket car washes & absorption dry (I use a BIG chamois, which I just lay on top of the paintwork to absorb the water. I don't drag the chamois) or blow dry. Don't forget to remove pooled water from the inside of the doors, jambs and around inside of boot lid perimeter.

Then take the car (provided it's not raining of course) for a short (or long) drive to shake out the last bits of water stuck in nooks & crannies.
328i M-Sport, Estoril Blue, Carbon XP 35 Tint, front heated seats, black Dakota, Sports Suspension, Anthracite Headliner, HUD, Pro Nav, Sunroof, hk 600w, Bi-Xenon, 19" 403M wheels, Reversing Camera, DAB+, Xenon, BT Ext Connect, MST turbo intake pipe, MST Cold Air Intake, JB4 on Map 2 with Catless DP produces awesome performance in Sport.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2012, 09:25 PM   #34
TWD
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by David328M-Sport View Post
No.

First of all the dealers love to apply the glaze on the paint for delivery. No, they won't leave it off - I asked before taking delivery of my car.

So, first off, the car has to be washed, de-glazed and cleaned up - maybe by machine. Let dry. Then add Wolf Chemicals Hard Body - in very light doses. Two coats will do the job and hopefully stay put for up to 2 years. Let's say 18 months to be sure. Apply first coat, then let dry for at least a couple of hours before applying 2nd coat. The product is so new that real result will only be available by early 2014, probably more like mid 2014.

I left the above job for a professional to carry out.

Follow up with weekly 2 bucket car washes & absorption dry (I use a BIG chamois, which I just lay on top of the paintwork to absorb the water. I don't drag the chamois) or blow dry. Don't forget to remove pooled water from the inside of the doors, jambs and around inside of boot lid perimeter.

Then take the car (provided it's not raining of course) for a short (or long) drive to shake out the last bits of water stuck in nooks & crannies.
Great write up, David

Furthermore, we will have maintenance washing kits available for purchase very soon. These will include all necessary items for washing and maintaining your car safely Please PM me if you would like to be on the ordering list. I already have a few F30 members here interested.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2012, 06:42 PM   #35
Rolux Magnum
Australia
Rep
Drives: F30 328i Moonstone

Garage List
2013 328i  [9.00]
2003 FZS 600  [10.00]
2005 R1200RT  [0.00]
2009 RX350  [0.00]
Is any-one considering installing a 3M bumper protection kit - here in Oz? My normal commute has lots of trucks and stone involved - and the front of the car (current - still awaiting the 328i delivery) - especially lower down, feels like it has been sandblasted. Also large chips straight through the paint are very annoying.
Is there any-one who has installed one in Melbourne somewhere - any recommendations?

Having ready the above posts I am going to get the Wolfs Chemicals Hard Body done as well! Although I would like some advice as to which way round to install the 2 protection systems!
      12-02-2012, 05:03 AM   #36
J1n
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolux Magnum View Post
Having ready the above posts I am going to get the Wolfs Chemicals Hard Body done as well! Although I would like some advice as to which way round to install the 2 protection systems!
Wolfs Chemical Hard body will suite your purpose body wrapping would be a overkill. Wolfs Chem is like a wax that can be applied like a wax after the surface is prepped properly
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2012, 09:17 PM   #37
TWD
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolux Magnum View Post
Is any-one considering installing a 3M bumper protection kit - here in Oz? My normal commute has lots of trucks and stone involved - and the front of the car (current - still awaiting the 328i delivery) - especially lower down, feels like it has been sandblasted. Also large chips straight through the paint are very annoying.
Is there any-one who has installed one in Melbourne somewhere - any recommendations?

I have the front bar on one of M3s protected with 3M stoneguard vinyl. I find it fantastic. In the 3.5 years I've had it installed, I haven't had a single chip, mind you it's driven around 2,000km a year.

The Hard Body should be done last
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2012, 09:52 PM   #38
J1n
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

TWD: I'm going to be driving up to sydney and am afraid of bug and rock splatter.. i considered using Wolf Chem's THe Mask.. have u got any other suggestions?
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2012, 03:12 AM   #39
TWD
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by J1n View Post
TWD: I'm going to be driving up to sydney and am afraid of bug and rock splatter.. i considered using Wolf Chem's THe Mask.. have u got any other suggestions?
The Mask is generally good for helping clean up the bug splatter.
Only works if dry though......so if it does rain on your travels, then no point.

Otherwise buy 3M blue painters tape and go to town on the front end and typical areas that will be subject to stone chips...will look like a goose, but effective
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2012, 02:47 PM   #40
beemermans
Private
Rep

Im guessing there would be no point in getting the wolfs stuff on if your going to wrap the car. I'm getting 2 coats of Wolf's put on my car.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2012, 04:19 AM   #41
J1n
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

TWD: Aight I'll check the weather before i make my way. Cheers.

Beemermans ya 2 coats of hard body will be more than enough protection
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2012, 09:40 PM   #42
TWD
Australia
Rep

See you in Sydney, Jin
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2012, 10:55 PM   #43
SimoBMW328
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i M-Sport Estoril Blue

Wolf Hard Body

Just booked in with Morrie for the Wolf Hard Body which he recommended for shine than Opticoat. Doesn't last as long but would rather apply more regularly and have a better result.

Will take some pics afterwards.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2012, 07:44 AM   #44
J1n
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Awesome. You'll be very pleased. My swisswax is still going strong after 3 months. May do I full detail when I'm back in Melbourne.
Appreciate 0