F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Maintenance: Wash, Wax, Detailing, Repairs > Snow foam
Extreme Powerhouse

02-06-2017, 06:24 AM   #1
washout16
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i Touring

Snow foam

Tried washing my car with the mint foam lance and mint snow foam before the usual two bucket method. Definitely lots of fun and very happy with the clean. Think I might leave it on a little longer next time as the side skirts were still quite dirty. Also tried Gyeon Iron on the wheels. Worked well but man is that stuff potent. Cleaned them outdoors and the strong chemical smell was still noticeable from 4-5 metres away.

Anyone else tried mint snow foam? Do you rate it or is there better products for the money?
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      02-08-2017, 10:45 AM   #2
Jetsurly
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i xDrive Sport Line

*Following
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2017, 07:03 PM   #3
Monkeyboxers
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: '21 X3 30i G01 M-Sport

I'm in Australia as well (Melbourne), and I've used Concours Snow+ and now using Chemical Guys Honey Dew Snow Foam with my snow gun attached to a Karcher 1600PSI.

TBH, I can't tell the differences between the two, apart from smell. I've read reviews how Honey Dew sticks more to the car, but personally, feels the same. Maybe it's my pressure washer not being powerful enough? Don't know.

Still require to hand wash the lower part of the car (side skirts and wheel arch area). See below my white car in white foam

Appreciate 1
      02-08-2017, 07:41 PM   #4
Kamy
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2017 440i Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyboxers View Post
I'm in Australia as well (Melbourne), and I've used Concours Snow+ and now using Chemical Guys Honey Dew Snow Foam with my snow gun attached to a Karcher 1600PSI.
I've got this guy for a pressure washer,
https://www.amazon.com/Karcher-Follo...-2&keywords=k3

and this foam lance

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This lance came with an additional foam nozzle insert for lower power pressure washers, when I swapped it out, I had better foam results.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2017, 12:17 PM   #5
vanbmw
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 Black 335i

MONKEYBOXERS....I have a chemical guys snow foam lance and use chemical guys honeydew soap. My 1800 psi Karcher works great. I have a big 3000psi gas pressure washer that I tried once and it did a better job of making snow...but not much of a difference. Maybe 10% more? The Karcher works fine plus it is quick and easy to set up. My gas one is out back in my shed and takes longer to set up so it is a pain. My Karcher takes a minute to pull out and hook up. Works great.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2017, 09:43 PM   #6
Monkeyboxers
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: '21 X3 30i G01 M-Sport

vanbmw Yeah, I love my snowfoam, not complaining

I guess because this is the first time I'm really into washing, I was expecting the snowfoam could remove 99% of the gunk from the car and not needing to use wash mitt at all, unless I've been through a rally track .
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2017, 10:35 AM   #7
S4NoMore
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16 340i, 15 X3d, 91 318i

Garage List
2016 BMW 340i  [0.00]
2015 BMW X3 28d  [0.00]
1991 BMW 318i  [8.66]
Quote:
I was expecting the snowfoam could remove 99% of the gunk from the car and not needing to use wash mitt at all, unless I've been through a rally track .
Definitely do not rely on applying foam to remove dirt effectively. Especially if your car is a dark color. I would say it's more like 30-50% of dirt is removed, at best, and all that leftover is going to wreak havoc on your clear coat when you dry the car. If you blow dry, maybe you can get away with it, but the car won't really be clean and leftover contaminants will bake in over time.

I fully rinse the car, then foam it, then a couple minutes later I'm ready to 2-bucket wash it with my mitt/pad of choice, then final rinse.

In my opinion, the foam is useful for loosening the dirt that rinsing doesn't remove, and providing added suds for added lubrication and the prevention of marring during the wash.
Appreciate 1
      02-15-2017, 11:25 AM   #8
BIMMERGUY91
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 335I M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by S4NoMore View Post
Definitely do not rely on applying foam to remove dirt effectively. Especially if your car is a dark color. I would say it's more like 30-50% of dirt is removed, at best, and all that leftover is going to wreak havoc on your clear coat when you dry the car. If you blow dry, maybe you can get away with it, but the car won't really be clean and leftover contaminants will bake in over time.

I fully rinse the car, then foam it, then a couple minutes later I'm ready to 2-bucket wash it with my mitt/pad of choice, then final rinse.

In my opinion, the foam is useful for loosening the dirt that rinsing doesn't remove, and providing added suds for added lubrication and the prevention of marring during the wash.
Spot on! This is the exact process everyone should follow.
2007 Z4MC #1019/1815 (Sold)
1997 M3 (Sold)
1991 325i
Appreciate 1
S4NoMore253.00
      02-16-2017, 04:43 PM   #9
washout16
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by S4NoMore View Post
Quote:
I was expecting the snowfoam could remove 99% of the gunk from the car and not needing to use wash mitt at all, unless I've been through a rally track .

Thanks. Wise advice. Much appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2017, 04:24 PM   #10
PanTheOrganizer
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i xDrive Gran Coupe M

For sure, the foaming of the car should be used as a pre-wash stage. I rinse the car with my Karcher 2000 psi pressure washer. Then I apply Chemical Guys Honeydew Snowfoam (my favorite) let it sit for a couple of minutes and rinse again. This helps to loosen the dirt particles and do a pre-wash.

Then I go ahead with the two bucket method and use Chemical Guys Glossworkz shampoo and a high quality microfiber wash mitt. I wash the wheels seperately using another mitt and another bucket (3rd bucket).
Appreciate 1
      02-24-2017, 09:50 AM   #11
BIMMERGUY91
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 335I M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanTheOrganizer View Post
For sure, the foaming of the car should be used as a pre-wash stage. I rinse the car with my Karcher 2000 psi pressure washer. Then I apply Chemical Guys Honeydew Snowfoam (my favorite) let it sit for a couple of minutes and rinse again. This helps to loosen the dirt particles and do a pre-wash.

Then I go ahead with the two bucket method and use Chemical Guys Glossworkz shampoo and a high quality microfiber wash mitt. I wash the wheels seperately using another mitt and another bucket (3rd bucket).
And I'm sure your car looks great! Thanks for using proper wash techniques on your car! I'm maybe a little overboard but I use a Chemical Guys Dirt Trap in each of my three buckets and I seal my buckets with lids when they aren't in use. Don't get me started on my towels lol!
2007 Z4MC #1019/1815 (Sold)
1997 M3 (Sold)
1991 325i
Appreciate 0