F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Wet carpet driver side
GetBMWParts

05-24-2017, 01:45 PM   #1
Dereli
Private First Class
Denmark
Rep
Drives: Bmw M3 E92

Wet carpet driver side

Hi forum

I Notice last time I vacuum cleaner my car, that the carpet on the driver side was total soaking wet!! Took the driver seat out and lifted the carpet and was chocked... I think I collected around 3-4 Liter off water from the carpet and bottom off the car! Tried to dry the soft foam and carpet, but it is very difficult to dry it.

Have checked the drainage from the sun roof, and checked the damp protective plastic in the driver door, there was nothing wrong with the sunroof or door.

In have also checked the drainage from the windscreen, also here nothing notable wrong?

Any one here on the forum, there has tried anything like me?

I have seen a video clip on YouTube there show the evaporator not handling the condensation the way it should, can anyone maybe help me here with location on the evaporator?

My shitty BMW is really starting to p... me off, I think the quality on the F platform is S...!

I have always driven BMW, have never had any quality problems until I bought a F model!

Problems so far:
1: ticking noice from engine or tranny, can't find the problem!
2: left headlight, broken wire, had to pull new one to fem box passenger side!
3: Water Problem!
4: Wind noice in hot weather!
5: when driving on highway around 120/130 Kph the car shakes randomly?

Sorry guys but needed to get something off my chest?
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2017, 02:09 PM   #2
Krasna
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 640i

The water leak could be coming from the corner where the hood meets the firewall. Obviously water is supposed to drain straight down to the ground via the plastic channels at the bottom edge of the windshield.

I had a VW GTI where the weatherstripping had worn at the bottom edge of the window and water was channeling through a small separation. Have you tried a hose test; applying water from various entry/contact points? Helps to have two people when doing this.

Hopefully it's a simple fix with epoxy or silicone. That's how I corrected the VW's leak; never came back.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2017, 03:12 PM   #3
uncleruckus
no relation
Rep
Drives: F30 328i xDrive

This might be related to the water grommet issue people were having a while back.... check out this forum:
http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=941823

I had similar issue of finding my rear driver side footwell to be soaked after raining or washing car. My particular issue was that the insulation/vapor barrier got unstuck/broken inside the door and that had to be replaced.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2017, 03:31 PM   #4
Beek
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Most folks crazy.

My advice is ditch the wet foam and buy new, that crap won't ever dry properly.