F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA > ZF 8 Auto Tran
GetBMWParts

02-09-2014, 09:32 PM   #23
agnesx
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i M Sport

Good tips!!
like the tennis ball (and know what you mean now with the height) but might not do it as it'll get in the way when i'm washing the car..

but the carpet sounds a go! I got some very heavy duty cardboard atm as a temp solution... works but might have to do what you suggested...
other OCD guys at work used some thin but dense rubber/foam sheet from clarkrubber.. might go check that out too

thanks again
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2014, 05:26 PM   #24
agnesx
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i M Sport

Sorry to dig up an old thread...

but yeah, have now found out the lurching problem can occur in REVERSE also...

I dont usually have a need to reverse park, but had to do so at work this morning, on flat surface, slowly reversed until the sensor is just showing barely any red,

foot fully on the brake, car stops, i pull up on the hand brake and then press P on the lever. Thinking all was good, lifted my foot of the brake and the car lurches backwards as my heart froze.

got out and had a look and the rear of the bumper was 'just' touching the brick wall, leaving a very light scratch that I should be able to buff out with my rotary buffer...

but never thought it'd happen in reverse, or would go that far... will be even more careful in the future

Last edited by agnesx; 09-28-2014 at 06:03 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2014, 05:40 PM   #25
KT_F31_EBII
First Time Bimmer
Australia
Rep
Drives: F31 328i M Sport EB II

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMJAM View Post
Yep mine does the same especially when doing the start stop function. As expected the service department couldn't replicate so I just gave up. To be honest I have owned quite a few BMW Cars and this one has been way more problematic. Also BMW service has gone to garbage so I think this will be my last BMW as said as it is to say.
looks like all of us will switch to toyota camry soon... :-) oops... should sayC Class or new A4 :-p

Ordered Due August 2017: 2017 Audi A4 AVANT 2.0 TFSI Quattro MY17 S-Line, Exclusive Nogaro Blue
Appreciate 0