F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > I have collected new R.
Extreme Power House
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-03-2017, 10:21 AM   #89
JNW1
Colonel
769
Rep
2,027
Posts

Drives: F31 335d
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: North Yorkshire

iTrader: (0)

Appears some reasonable deals have reappeared on these for the start of Q3; not sure how long they'll be around for though....

https://www.whatcar.com/car-leasing/...ce_id=17041574

ETA: The price was showing as 265/month including VAT on a 3 +23 deal (8k miles/annum); however, seems to have disappeared already!

Last edited by JNW1; 07-03-2017 at 10:49 AM.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2017, 11:43 AM   #90
WeaverBeaver
Captain
England
416
Rep
971
Posts

Drives: F30 335d xDrive M Sport
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Birmingham, UK

iTrader: (0)

Check out my other thread I just started. 185+Vat pm 2 years 10k miles with Vehicles 4 Work...
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2017, 11:58 AM   #91
JNW1
Colonel
769
Rep
2,027
Posts

Drives: F31 335d
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: North Yorkshire

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeaverBeaver View Post
Check out my other thread I just started. 185+Vat pm 2 years 10k miles with Vehicles 4 Work...
Yes I saw that; numbers looked quite similar when the different levels of deposit were taken into account albeit the deal I spotted was 8k miles not 10kmiles/annum!

However, I get the impression there aren't many cars available and hence the offers are getting pulled quite quickly. The one I posted the link to had gone within a couple of hours and I daresay if it's still available the Vehicles 4 Work offer won't be around for much longer either!
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2017, 01:43 PM   #92
TouringPleb
Colonel
1447
Rep
2,071
Posts

Drives: SRB 440i GC
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Cambs

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNW1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeaverBeaver View Post
Check out my other thread I just started. 185+Vat pm 2 years 10k miles with Vehicles 4 Work...
Yes I saw that; numbers looked quite similar when the different levels of deposit were taken into account albeit the deal I spotted was 8k miles not 10kmiles/annum!

However, I get the impression there aren't many cars available and hence the offers are getting pulled quite quickly. The one I posted the link to had gone within a couple of hours and I daresay if it's still available the Vehicles 4 Work offer won't be around for much longer either!
I wonder how genuine these deals are and whether they are actually just designed to get people to reply to them, so the companies have your email and phone numbers and can try and flog you a deal at a higher cost.

Maybe I'm just suspicious.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2017, 02:38 PM   #93
JNW1
Colonel
769
Rep
2,027
Posts

Drives: F31 335d
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: North Yorkshire

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouringPleb View Post
I wonder how genuine these deals are and whether they are actually just designed to get people to reply to them, so the companies have your email and phone numbers and can try and flog you a deal at a higher cost.

Maybe I'm just suspicious.
Friend of mine got a 5-door Golf R hatch when the original deals were around about 3 years ago; he didn't put many extras on it (just metallic and DSG) and he's only paying just over 200/month including VAT. Therefore, while I don't doubt some of these deals are designed purely to attract attention, that's not always the case!
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2017, 06:21 PM   #94
WeaverBeaver
Captain
England
416
Rep
971
Posts

Drives: F30 335d xDrive M Sport
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Birmingham, UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNW1 View Post
Friend of mine got a 5-door Golf R hatch when the original deals were around about 3 years ago; he didn't put many extras on it (just metallic and DSG) and he's only paying just over 200/month including VAT. Therefore, while I don't doubt some of these deals are designed purely to attract attention, that's not always the case!
Absolutely right. The same broker that is offering the deal I quoted above is the one I got mine through a year ago. Zero hitches, zero hidden fees. Everything as advertised
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2017, 02:55 AM   #95
MashinBenzin
Colonel
MashinBenzin's Avatar
1644
Rep
2,419
Posts

Drives: F36 440i MSport Gran Coupe
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Anyone interested should jump in this morning, before the cars are gone. Don't dither...

I missed a stonking A6 3.0 TDI lease last year by waiting until lunchtime to call up. Delighted with what I ended up with, but at the time I was gutted.
__________________
Drives - 2016 F36 440i M Sport Gran Coupe - Carbon Black/Oyster, MSport+ with adaptive, 442M Bi-Colour Ferric Grey, HUD, SLD, Lumbar, Folding Mirrors, Reversing Camera, Extended Storage and a few other toys
Gone after almost 7 years - 2009 E90 320D SE Business Edition
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2017, 02:52 AM   #96
Brigand
General
Brigand's Avatar
England
6963
Rep
20,113
Posts

Drives: Golf R Estate
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: West Midlands

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciscopete822 View Post
On top of that - I have considered my Gran Turismo MC Shift to have one of the fastest semi auto on the market. Had a proper blast this morning using paddles - OMFG -DSG is a killer , you can downshift like 3 gears in literally no time - bloody amazing - ordering ST2 paddle shifters today as stock ones are as bad as ... my ex wife
ciscopete822 have you fitted your ST2's?

Easy enough to fit?

Also how much do they improve the changing gear aspect?
__________________
Owned: Golf R Estate, Tornado Red, Pano Roof, DCC, Black 19" Pretorias, Black Mirrors and Black Roof Rails.

Previous: 330d F31 x drive, EBII, M Sport + , Vis Pack, Pro Media
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2017, 03:43 AM   #97
Cootie
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
47
Rep
444
Posts

Drives: 335d Xdrive with ACS Springs
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Edinburgh

iTrader: (0)

Well, I took the plunge and have also joined the R estate club...

Loving it. Far more fun to drive than the 335d and doesn't feel like a step down in quality at all. Doesn't feel quite as quick from a standing start but would say its quicker 60-100.

Went for a 2hr blast last night down some of the best roads in the Borders and my mate, who has an M3 competition pack as his daily driver, drove it on the way back. He was fairly pushing on (the brakes were fairly smoking when we got out) and he concluded that it was great fun and that the damping on the R (passive) was definitely better than the M3, which he said gets really unsettled at pace over bumps. Suspect that won't be the case shortly as he's been chatting with Lorcan about getting the full RS suspension fitted - should be getting a before and after run out so will be curious to see for myself.
Appreciate 2
Brigand6962.50

      07-12-2017, 08:33 AM   #98
ciscopete822
Captain
284
Rep
793
Posts

Drives: Audi S8 , Golf R
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Aylesbury

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigand View Post
ciscopete822 have you fitted your ST2's?

Easy enough to fit?

Also how much do they improve the changing gear aspect?
Hey Brigand

Just came back from Europe yesterday , didn't have time tbh.... . Looking at ST2 manuals now , seems like fairly easy installation.
Appreciate 1
Brigand6962.50

      07-12-2017, 12:41 PM   #99
Brigand
General
Brigand's Avatar
England
6963
Rep
20,113
Posts

Drives: Golf R Estate
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: West Midlands

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciscopete822 View Post
Hey Brigand

Just came back from Europe yesterday , didn't have time tbh.... . Looking at ST2 manuals now , seems like fairly easy installation.
Lol well get them fitted I need a decent review


The guide on VWROC seems pretty easy.

I have sent my VT paper work and V5 to BMWFS.

Waiting to sort out a 1st week August collection of the 330d.


Also booked my wife a holiday for August, so just me and the new car (and dog lol)
__________________
Owned: Golf R Estate, Tornado Red, Pano Roof, DCC, Black 19" Pretorias, Black Mirrors and Black Roof Rails.

Previous: 330d F31 x drive, EBII, M Sport + , Vis Pack, Pro Media
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2017, 10:48 AM   #100
ciscopete822
Captain
284
Rep
793
Posts

Drives: Audi S8 , Golf R
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Aylesbury

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigand View Post
Lol well get them fitted I need a decent review


The guide on VWROC seems pretty easy.

I have sent my VT paper work and V5 to BMWFS.

Waiting to sort out a 1st week August collection of the 330d.


Also booked my wife a holiday for August, so just me and the new car (and dog lol)
trust me I am trying! Setting up new business...... Anyways car now covered almost 3k miles and flies like a bullet! This passive suspension is so freaking good. I have got couple of more expensive cars sitting on driveway but VW is always my preferred choice!

LOL regarding sending wife on holidays - done the same thing with my girl (collecting S5 2 weeks from now . BTW , exhaust is getting better and better - no need for Armytrix


Name:  asadasdasdadasdas.JPG
Views: 325
Size:  194.3 KB
Attached Images
 

Last edited by ciscopete822; 07-13-2017 at 01:01 PM.
Appreciate 1
Brigand6962.50

      07-13-2017, 11:56 AM   #101
simon.
Colonel
United Kingdom
780
Rep
2,348
Posts

Drives: F48 25D mSport
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Milton Keynes

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigand View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciscopete822 View Post
Hey Brigand

Just came back from Europe yesterday , didn't have time tbh.... . Looking at ST2 manuals now , seems like fairly easy installation.
Lol well get them fitted I need a decent review


The guide on VWROC seems pretty easy.

I have sent my VT paper work and V5 to BMWFS.

Waiting to sort out a 1st week August collection of the 330d.


Also booked my wife a holiday for August, so just me and the new car (and dog lol)
Hope that the boot is fully lined as the dog is going to chuck when you put it through is paces
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2017, 12:57 PM   #102
robwils
Lieutenant Colonel
robwils's Avatar
United Kingdom
441
Rep
1,711
Posts

Drives: Turned to the dark side (XD)
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Stockton-on-Tees

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cootie View Post
Well, I took the plunge and have also joined the R estate club...

Loving it. Far more fun to drive than the 335d and doesn't feel like a step down in quality at all. Doesn't feel quite as quick from a standing start but would say its quicker 60-100.
Honestly ? Mrs has a GTi PPP, must admit whilst I love driving it for a change, it does FEEL to me a bit lower quality to me than my 335D.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2017, 01:37 PM   #103
Brigand
General
Brigand's Avatar
England
6963
Rep
20,113
Posts

Drives: Golf R Estate
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: West Midlands

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon. View Post
Hope that the boot is fully lined as the dog is going to chuck when you put it through is paces
Actually Ballach appreciates a decent blast in the car.

He is quite used with Welsh and border roads


I do need to sort a decent full boot liner though.
__________________
Owned: Golf R Estate, Tornado Red, Pano Roof, DCC, Black 19" Pretorias, Black Mirrors and Black Roof Rails.

Previous: 330d F31 x drive, EBII, M Sport + , Vis Pack, Pro Media
Appreciate 1
simon.779.50

      07-13-2017, 02:13 PM   #104
davyk31
Major General
518
Rep
6,118
Posts

Drives: Macan GTS :-) & Golf GTI Mk7.5
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Northern Ireland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciscopete822 View Post
trust me I am trying! Setting up new business...... Anyways car now covered almost 3k miles and flies like a bullet! This passive suspension is so freaking good. I have got couple of more expensive cars sitting on driveway but VW is always my preferred choice!

LOL regarding sending wife on holidays - done the same thing with my girl (collecting S5 2 weeks from now . BTW , exhaust is getting better and better - no need for Armytrix


Attachment 1655995
Nice wife snap, need to see more of her
Appreciate 1
      07-13-2017, 03:11 PM   #105
WeaverBeaver
Captain
England
416
Rep
971
Posts

Drives: F30 335d xDrive M Sport
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Birmingham, UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by robwils View Post
Honestly ? Mrs has a GTi PPP, must admit whilst I love driving it for a change, it does FEEL to me a bit lower quality to me than my 335D.
I know what he means but I think it depends where you look in the cabin. Overall the 3 series is slightly higher quality, but certain aspects let it down in comparison - hard plastics around centre console and door bins, old school dials, handbrake, plain black pedals, cheap feeling heating and radio controls etc.
Appreciate 2
Brigand6962.50
robwils440.50

      07-17-2017, 08:58 AM   #106
Cootie
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
47
Rep
444
Posts

Drives: 335d Xdrive with ACS Springs
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Edinburgh

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeaverBeaver View Post
I know what he means but I think it depends where you look in the cabin. Overall the 3 series is slightly higher quality, but certain aspects let it down in comparison - hard plastics around centre console and door bins, old school dials, handbrake, plain black pedals, cheap feeling heating and radio controls etc.
I'd agree. I think the quality is more consistent than the pre-LCI I had i.e. it doesn't have such obvious hard plastics. My 335d looked great in certain areas quality wise, but there were obvious signs in some parts that corners had been cut.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2017, 04:13 AM   #107
doomsday runner
Lieutenant
doomsday runner's Avatar
United Kingdom
82
Rep
532
Posts

Drives: 435d M Sport & 335d GT M Sport
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Wakefield UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by davyk31 View Post
Nice wife snap, need to see more of her
Lol everyone more into wife pics?
__________________
Current:
BMW M4, BMW 335d GT
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2017, 10:05 AM   #108
mikeoz
Lieutenant Colonel
mikeoz's Avatar
United Kingdom
475
Rep
1,990
Posts

Drives: BMW F31 330d M Sport+
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: cambs

iTrader: (1)

This could turn in to" Readers Wife's" at this rate..lol
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:36 PM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST