F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > On COURAGE!
Extreme Powerhouse

12-19-2012, 11:10 AM   #67
Il Fenomeno 415
In top form...
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 335i xDrive coming...

So my car arrived Monday and delivery scheduled for this Saturday morning! I couldn't do it any sooner due to work schedule conflict...

I hope everyone whose cars were onboard Courage enjoys their brand new luxurious premium performance F30s and has an extra special holiday !!

See you on the roads
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2012, 02:38 PM   #68
mark.L
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Il Fenomeno 415 View Post
So my car arrived Monday and delivery scheduled for this Saturday morning! I couldn't do it any sooner due to work schedule conflict...

I hope everyone whose cars were onboard Courage enjoys their brand new luxurious premium performance F30s and has an extra special holiday !!

See you on the roads
Lucky you, my car is still not at the dealer. But still hoping to pick it up this saturday.

Did your dealer do the coding for ASS?
      12-19-2012, 06:07 PM   #69
Il Fenomeno 415
In top form...
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark.L
Quote:

See you on the roads
Lucky you, my car is still not at the dealer. But still hoping to pick it up this saturday.

Did your dealer do the coding for ASS?
Still not at dealer? Oh yea you're getting some add-ons at the VPC right? When are you expecting to take delivery?

I'm gonna give it a shot and try the car as-is for now. I've driven the F30 for literally 10 minutes on the test drive so before I start tweaking this and that I'll have to see how I like the ASS. I don't think I'll mind pressing the off button everytime but I guess we'll see. On the test drive the ASS wasn't as rough as posters are saying imho...
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2012, 12:05 AM   #70
mark.L
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Still not at dealer? Oh yea you're getting some add-ons at the VPC right? When are you expecting to take delivery?

I'm gonna give it a shot and try the car as-is for now. I've driven the F30 for literally 10 minutes on the test drive so before I start tweaking this and that I'll have to see how I like the ASS. I don't think I'll mind pressing the off button everytime but I guess we'll see. On the test drive the ASS wasn't as rough as posters are saying imho...
It got to the dealer on Wednesday evening. Stopped by to take a look in late evening, will be picking her up saturday morning.
      12-20-2012, 12:07 AM   #71
Bama335
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 E82 135is '13 E88 135

Mine arrived in mid-MO Monday afternoon, I took delivery today. I kept the ASS as shipped as I don't let off the clutch much at stop lights, I doubt it's going to be much of an issue.

It sure was a long order process from 9/4 until 12/19 - I'm still not sure why it took BMW from the 10/1 born on date in Munich until 11/27 to get it on the ship. At least I'll know better what to expect next time when order the 235 gran coupe for ED
      12-20-2012, 04:27 PM   #72
Il Fenomeno 415
In top form...
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

It got to the dealer on Wednesday evening. Stopped by to take a look in late evening, will be picking her up saturday morning.
Sounds good...Hey are you getting any of your windows tinted? I know in Illinois we must leave the 2 front windows untinted but I'm considering tinting the 2 rearview and back window with a light smoke tint if I'm not satisfied with the factory tint.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2012, 05:16 PM   #73
mark.L
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Sounds good...Hey are you getting any of your windows tinted? I know in Illinois we must leave the 2 front windows untinted but I'm considering tinting the 2 rearview and back window with a light smoke tint if I'm not satisfied with the factory tint.
I'm getting all 4 windows and rear glass tinted 35% Llumar ceramic tint by the dealer.
In IL we can have all 4 windows tinted as long as they are at 35% or higher.

Source: IL Tint Law
      12-20-2012, 05:50 PM   #74
Il Fenomeno 415
In top form...
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I'm getting all 4 windows and rear glass tinted 35% Llumar ceramic tint by the dealer.

The dealer does tinting? I didn't know that...maybe I'll see if mine can do it ..thanks for the link
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2012, 05:53 PM   #75
kokopuffs405
Yup
Rep
Drives: BMW?

Garage List
2014 BMW M5  [0.00]
I got mine on the 15th , RIGHT when it got off the truck =)
      12-20-2012, 06:06 PM   #76
mark.L
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
The dealer does tinting? I didn't know that...maybe I'll see if mine can do it ..thanks for the link
No problem.

I don't know what type of tints you prefer, but I specifically wanted ceramic tints and they offered ceramic tints from Llumar for a reasonable price..$400 so I went with them. If they hadn't offered ceramic I would've got it done somewhere else. Just FYI, non-ceramic tints are half the price so make sure you ask them what kind of tints they offer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokopuffs405 View Post
Congrats!
      12-20-2012, 06:18 PM   #77
mark.L
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

A couple pics my CA e-mailed me as soon as the car got off the truck at the dealer yesterday.

12-20-2012, 06:23 PM   #78
Il Fenomeno 415
In top form...
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
No problem.

I don't know what type of tints you prefer, but I specifically wanted ceramic tints and they offered ceramic tints from Llumar for a reasonable price..$400 so I went with them. If they hadn't offered ceramic I would've got it done somewhere else. Just FYI, non-ceramic tints are half the price so make sure you ask them what kind of tints they offer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokopuffs405 View Post
Congrats!
Thanks for the info...Did you get the tech pkg with head up display? I assume if you have the tech pkg no tints for the windshield because of the heads up display?
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2012, 06:46 PM   #79
mark.L
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for the info...Did you get the tech pkg with head up display? I assume if you have the tech pkg no tints for the windshield because of the heads up display?
Yes, I got the tech package with HUD. I wouldn't prefer the windshield to be tinted any %, and it is anyways illegal in IL except the top 6 inches.
      12-21-2012, 10:02 PM   #80
claykin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: various BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark.L View Post
No problem.

Congrats!
I assume you mean Llumar CTX? Have you seen it in person on a sunny day (like that happens much in Dec in Chicago)? I've heard complaints about reflectivity and it having a blue hue. Both supposedly noticeable when sitting inside and looking out.

I checked with one local dealer in South FL and he agreed. He says I need to look at it in person. He says if I don't like it I should check out 3M Crystalline (which he doesn't sell) or just stick with the tried and true Llumar ATC extruded dyed film.

Personally, if I was to stick with a more basic non-metallic film I think I prefer Madico Charcool.

Still doing research.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2012, 10:04 PM   #81
claykin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: various BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark.L View Post

The only Llumar branded ceramic film is CTX. Check spec sheet, they have 30 and 40 VLT options, but not 35.

http://www.llumar.com/pdf/en/LLumarAutoSpecsUS.pdf

Llumar parent company also reps Pinnacle F1 but thats a different animal and more $$.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2012, 12:30 AM   #82
mark.L
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by claykin View Post
The only Llumar branded ceramic film is CTX. Check spec sheet, they have 30 and 40 VLT options, but not 35.

http://www.llumar.com/pdf/en/LLumarAutoSpecsUS.pdf

Llumar parent company also reps Pinnacle F1 but thats a different animal and more $$.
Well, you are right. According to the spec sheet the only ceramic tints offered by Llumar are 30% and 40%. That falls onto my lack of research.
I asked them what kind they offered? And they said Llumar ceramic tints and settled at $400 so after that I didn't bother to find out what series film they'd be using. I wanted the darkest most tints legally possible so I asked for 35% and he said no problem. So I don't know, may be he'll do 40%? I guess I'll find out in a few hours when I see it in person.
      12-23-2012, 11:05 AM   #83
mark.L
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Did you pick your car yesterday?
I picked mine up yesterday and since looking for reasons to stay in the car and to keep driving it.
      12-23-2012, 02:34 PM   #84
Il Fenomeno 415
In top form...
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Did you pick your car yesterday?
I picked mine up yesterday and since looking for reasons to stay in the car and to keep driving it.
Got the car yesterday...and I am loving it!!! It will take me some time to learn about the idrive because I'm a dummy when it comes to tech stuff but as far as what really matters, the drive experience...I can't say enough. On the highway I tap the gas pedal and the car goes into time warp speed lol. I guess the car really attracts attention because I'm already noticing Audis around me on highway trying to speed around haha

I hope you're enjoying your car as much as I have been so far! But yeah I totally hear what you're saying, you wanna find excuses to take the car out just to drive...have fun and happy holidays, it's been a long wait but now it's time to enjoy our presents!
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2012, 03:02 PM   #85
mark.L
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Got the car yesterday...and I am loving it!!! It will take me some time to learn about the idrive because I'm a dummy when it comes to tech stuff but as far as what really matters, the drive experience...I can't say enough. On the highway I tap the gas pedal and the car goes into time warp speed lol. I guess the car really attracts attention because I'm already noticing Audis around me on highway trying to speed around haha

I hope you're enjoying your car as much as I have been so far! But yeah I totally hear what you're saying, you wanna find excuses to take the car out just to drive...have fun and happy holidays, it's been a long wait but now it's time to enjoy our presents!
^This.

Yeah, Idrive really has a lot to offer and a lot of different features. I too am getting through it little by little trying to figure out every possible setting.

Did you get it tinted?
      12-23-2012, 09:31 PM   #86
Il Fenomeno 415
In top form...
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

^This.

Yeah, Idrive really has a lot to offer and a lot of different features. I too am getting through it little by little trying to figure out every possible setting.

Did you get it tinted?
Gonna wait on that decision, i opted for the cilajet wax that dealer offered though
Appreciate 0