F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Totaled 335i M Sport in head-on collision. Testament to BMW safety
proTUNING Freaks

08-09-2013, 02:33 PM   #45
3M TAPE
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M3

great survival story with happy ending!
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2013, 02:49 PM   #46
eMvy
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bimmers

Great story and I'm glad your OK. I've fortunately never had the SOS operator respond in the event of an accident, but what a wonderful feature to have.

My first BMW was a 2006 330i. While visiting a friend, someone under the influence ran into the back of my car while it was parked (curb side parking with a 50 mph speed limit). It was estimated they were doing roughly 70 mph. The frame took the brunt of the damage and I was shocked how well the car stood up and transferred the energy. Although it was totaled, the damage paled in comparison to the other vehicle. It was completely destroyed.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2013, 02:54 PM   #47
mookie45
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 AW 340i M-Sport

Wow that is amazing. Glad you are safe and go BMW!
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2013, 02:58 PM   #48
flzrider
Captain
Rep
Drives: AW 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillhart
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtuds View Post
I see you upgraded the rims eh?

Why did you order a custom plate based on a character from a TV show?
The license plate is based on both a character from a TV show and a famous scientist at the same time. Until someone observes it, that is...
Let's not confuse Heisenberg's uncertainty principle with the observer effect. Haha
      08-09-2013, 03:20 PM   #49
Alec693
BMWholic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Chevrolet Equinox 1LT AWD

Garage List
Same scenario happened to me back in August 2012. I will never forget the day, because I lost my car that I loved so much. But, I was able to walk away too thankfully, and that's something I will always remember about BMW and that car (2009 BMW 128i) that I was specifically driving.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2013, 04:13 PM   #50
MaxRulz
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche Cayman S

WOW! Certainly impressive that's for sure! And a super nice replacement
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2013, 04:31 PM   #51
Pure
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328i EB , RR Ghost Black D

Wink Drive carefully !

[QUOTE=Heiznberg;14466779]This is the result of being in a head-on collision with an SUV, and a testament to BMW Safety.

Attachment 898005

Last December, I was leaving a friend’s house just after midnight and crossing an intersection with a solid green light. Heading in the opposite direction, a driver under the influence ran the left turn light and hit me head-on. The impact was so jolting that my car made a 180 degree spin. Before even realizing that I was still in one piece, the SOS operator gets on the speakers and asks if I’m okay. I tell her “I think so” and she says she’s sending emergency services. In the meantime, I get out of my car without a scratch (!) and I walk over to check on the other driver and passenger. Their SUV was mangled and they weren’t responsive; I thought they were dead. It turned out they were unconscious and, thankfully, survived. Police, fire and ambulance arrive in minutes, check me out and ask me a ton of questions before letting me go. I was lucky to walk away from the accident, while the other driver and passenger were airlifted to the ER.

Again, I can’t stress enough how thankful I am for the designers and engineers who made this car with our safety in mind. It was my first BMW and certainly not my last.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good to know you're okay.

Protect German cars more than any other manufacturer.!!!
That the reason they cost a lot of money.

I have a family member who had an accident was about to kill himself on a Hyundai Accent crap.
Damn I hate Asian cars simply do not have protection to passengers.
I'm sure if I had led a German at the time, did not have any fractures.

It is sad to see that in the United States and the Europe should have more recommendations for safer vehicles.

I ask a favor tell everyone you know who want to buy a car is recommended to be German BMW, M-Benz, Audi, Porsche or VW and tell them because they are
Lifesavers.

Drive with caution, beware of he distracted!

Greeting !!

Last edited by Pure; 08-09-2013 at 04:37 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2013, 05:35 PM   #52
Diver
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Black '12 135i - Sold

How unfortunate, thank god the OP walked away from this mess.
      08-09-2013, 05:51 PM   #53
US///M3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 1973 Jensen Interceptor

The driver of this BMW wasn't so lucky. Using your logic this is a testament to what?

You can't just cherry pick a few accidents where people walked away and ignored the ones that resulted in fatalities to brag about BMW's safety.

People have walked away from accidents in a lot of different cars not just German cars or BMW's...
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-09-2013, 06:20 PM   #54
greekcs
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i xDrive

Glad to hear you're okay. You're very lucky you weren't the one t-boned.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2013, 06:27 PM   #55
Pure
Captain
United_States
Rep

Are you a security expert or anything like that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by US///M3 View Post
The driver of this BMW wasn't so lucky. Using your logic this is a testament to what?

You can't just cherry pick a few accidents where people walked away and ignored the ones that resulted in fatalities to brag about BMW's safety.

People have walked away from accidents in a lot of different cars not just German cars or BMW's...
Anyone knows the limits of physics. that's my point.
It does not take a genius to know that you can die at any time either in the Empire State, a plane Boeing, car even with many reinforcements .
The danger is always present in everything and you know it.
To close in Germany occurred a terrible accident where an M5 drivers saved his life, knows how fast they ran to 180 mph.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-09-2013, 06:31 PM   #56
Pure
Captain
United_States
Rep

more images M5 crash autobahn in Germany!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-09-2013, 07:02 PM   #57
US///M3
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purecraftgerman View Post
Anyone knows the limits of physics. that's my point.
It does not take a genius to know that you can die at any time either in the Empire State, a pIane Boeing, car even with many reinforcements .
The danger is always present in everything and you know it.
To close in Germany occurred a terrible accident where an M5 drivers saved his life, knows how fast they ran to 180 mph.
You can walk away from a 150 mph crash and die in a 75 mph crash, a lot of factors determine if you live or die...how you lose control, what slowed you down, how the car hit, how It landed, etc.
It's like someone dying on a plane and the guy sitting next to him on the same plane surviving.

This E60 M5 didnt save its driver's life, there are a few more cases if you want me to post em.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-09-2013, 07:45 PM   #58
US///M3
Banned
Rep

I dont know if I'd call the early Kia sportage that did poorly in crash tests an SUV.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2013, 08:11 PM   #59
turbolag
is nonexistent with N/A
Rep
Drives: .

[QUOTE=Purecraftgerman;14471055]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heiznberg View Post
This is the result of being in a head-on collision with an SUV, and a testament to BMW Safety.

Attachment 898005

Last December, I was leaving a friend’s house just after midnight and crossing an intersection with a solid green light. Heading in the opposite direction, a driver under the influence ran the left turn light and hit me head-on. The impact was so jolting that my car made a 180 degree spin. Before even realizing that I was still in one piece, the SOS operator gets on the speakers and asks if I’m okay. I tell her “I think so” and she says she’s sending emergency services. In the meantime, I get out of my car without a scratch (!) and I walk over to check on the other driver and passenger. Their SUV was mangled and they weren’t responsive; I thought they were dead. It turned out they were unconscious and, thankfully, survived. Police, fire and ambulance arrive in minutes, check me out and ask me a ton of questions before letting me go. I was lucky to walk away from the accident, while the other driver and passenger were airlifted to the ER.

Again, I can’t stress enough how thankful I am for the designers and engineers who made this car with our safety in mind. It was my first BMW and certainly not my last.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good to know you're okay.

Protect German cars more than any other manufacturer.!!!
That the reason they cost a lot of money.

I have a family member who had an accident was about to kill himself on a Hyundai Accent crap.
Damn I hate Asian cars simply do not have protection to passengers.
I'm sure if I had led a German at the time, did not have any fractures.

It is sad to see that in the United States and the Europe should have more recommendations for safer vehicles.

I ask a favor tell everyone you know who want to buy a car is recommended to be German BMW, M-Benz, Audi, Porsche or VW and tell them because they are
Lifesavers.

Drive with caution, beware of he distracted!

Greeting !!
And Volvo. Don't forget Volvo. A friend of mine was t boned at an intersection by a Ford Fusion. His XC90 was unscathed, literally, aesthetic-wise and only the front axle snapped as it took the brunt of the damage. The Fusion was decimated.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2013, 08:22 PM   #60
Pure
Captain
United_States
Rep

Smile Yeah!

[QUOTE=turbolag;14471933]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purecraftgerman View Post

And Volvo. Don't forget Volvo. A friend of mine was t boned at an intersection by a Ford Fusion. His XC90 was unscathed, literally, aesthetic-wise and only the front axle snapped as it took the brunt of the damage. The Fusion was decimated.

You're absolutely right turbolag!!!!

Volvo are also very safe cars fully recommended !!
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2013, 09:09 PM   #61
i001947
Captain
Rep
Drives: '13 E92 M3

Theses are best types of stories to read about how a BMW save another life.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2013, 09:54 PM   #62
US///M3
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by i001947 View Post
Theses are best types of stories to read about how a BMW save another life.
I think the 13+ yo 3,300 lb Kia wins, it saved two lives that night.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2013, 11:24 PM   #63
javkhan
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M4 ZCP

Glad you are safe!

F82 M4 Mineral White | DCT | Competition Pack
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2013, 12:12 AM   #64
AdiSinghV12
First Lieutenant
India
Rep
Drives: 320d M-Sport, X1, 525d

Glad you're safe! I'm gonna show this thread to the Volvo guys who were blabbering continuously on how their cars are at a different level altogether when it comes to safety lol
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2013, 02:03 AM   #65
carlfan
Private
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3

Good to know that you're ok. That's the most important thing.

However, I'm not so sure that our BMW's are safer or better in an accident than any other new car. Like others have said, I would bet that it's pretty easy to dig up very similar scenarios where other cars have also saved its passenger's lives.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2013, 02:27 AM   #66
Antares
First Lieutenant
Italy
Rep
Drives: dark-blue coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by US///M3 View Post
I think the 13+ yo 3,300 lb Kia wins, it saved two lives that night.
well, the members here love their BMWs, and love is not always 100% rational
Appreciate 0