F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > Any incentives based on order date?
Extreme Powerhouse

11-11-2012, 03:08 PM   #1
JohnnyO
Private
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Any incentives based on order date?

I'm looking to get a new 3 Series in March or April, but would move up my order date to the end of this year, if there were any incentives to ordering by the end of the year. From what I can see, the dealer doesn't really "make" the sale until the order has arrived, and you settle on final price, so I'm guessing there really is no incentive to order in late December 2012 vs. late January 2013.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

John
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2012, 03:39 PM   #2
g2g8969
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: YMB M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyO View Post
I'm looking to get a new 3 Series in March or April, but would move up my order date to the end of this year, if there were any incentives to ordering by the end of the year. From what I can see, the dealer doesn't really "make" the sale until the order has arrived, and you settle on final price, so I'm guessing there really is no incentive to order in late December 2012 vs. late January 2013.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

John
The current offer members here are taking advantage of is the holiday cash $1000 rebate. As long as you put in the order before 1/2/12 my ca says you can "lock in" the rebate up to 90 days from ordering, so you could realistically take delivery in march and still be fine. But double check with your ca and make sure he doesn't pull a fast one on you
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2012, 03:42 PM   #3
claykin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: various BMW

Holiday incentives now through 1/2/2013. Beyond that is anyone's guess.

Car must be enroute, with VIN assigned and locked in at BMWFS prior to 1/2 in order to receive incentive after 1/2/2013. Check with your dealer or call BMWFS for details. Every incentive program comes with some different terms.

http://www.bmwusa.com/standard/conte...end_event.aspx
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2012, 03:43 PM   #4
claykin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: various BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by g2g8969 View Post
The current offer members here are taking advantage of is the holiday cash $1000 rebate. As long as you put in the order before 1/2/12 my ca says you can "lock in" the rebate up to 90 days from ordering, so you could realistically take delivery in march and still be fine. But double check with your ca and make sure he doesn't pull a fast one on you
And I've been told the VIN must be assigned to lock it in. See, you ask 10 people, you'll get 10 different answers.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2012, 03:57 PM   #5
justinnum1
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 330i Msport 6mt

you can get 750 + 1000 + 300 for the app before 2013
      11-12-2012, 02:54 PM   #6
JohnnyO
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by claykin View Post
And I've been told the VIN must be assigned to lock it in. See, you ask 10 people, you'll get 10 different answers.
Sigh - yeah, that's the thing. And while I might be able to push the order up to 12/31 if the savings were worth it, I think if I was at the point of having a VIN assigned, that might be having the car arrive in the dead of a Minnesota winter which I don't want to have happen again.

Also, I was not planning on financing through BMW as their rates don't seem all that great, but I might do it if I can pay it off without early penalties (like, within first six months).

John
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2012, 03:00 PM   #7
SamS
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tesla M3 Perf + '18 X3 M40i

Quote:
Sigh - yeah, that's the thing. And while I might be able to push the order up to 12/31 if the savings were worth it, I think if I was at the point of having a VIN assigned, that might be having the car arrive in the dead of a Minnesota winter which I don't want to have happen again.

Also, I was not planning on financing through BMW as their rates don't seem all that great, but I might do it if I can pay it off without early penalties (like, within first six months).

John
You can run the payment numbers through any of the online calculators, but they $1000 Holiday Cash + $750 Loyalty are only available if you use the 3.29% rate via BMW FS. Worked out better for me, than using my credit union's rates. The $300 app credit is only valid if you're a current BMWFS customer.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2012, 04:09 PM   #8
ianturner
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i M Sport

Quote:

John
you can refinance before your first payment if you really want to. as far as i understand it, the only requirement is to originally go with bmwfs.....obviously their intent is not to have you refinance right away but i dont think there is anything against it.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2012, 09:28 PM   #9
JohnnyO
Private
Rep

My mailbox had -four- pieces of mail from BMW today, three of which were discussing end of year incentives -- all requiring financing (purchase or lease) from BMW. At this stage, I'll probably just sit tight until the last week of January before I start the ordering process.
Appreciate 0