F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Janne's M Performane Power Kit (MPPK) 335i N55 installation - F34 GT
GetBMWParts

01-01-2014, 06:03 PM   #45
mhanism
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetbill View Post
$880 ish...
Really!?!? To confirm, for the newer post-7/13, MY14 335i's? with the new DME?

Heck for $880, I'll order today!
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2014, 10:48 PM   #46
gordon627
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i xDrive M Sport

Yes, $1,250 is for post 7/13 MY14 335i. Part # 11-12-2-353-337. Where do you see $880 as invoice?
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2014, 12:59 AM   #47
mhanism
Captain
United_States
Rep

jetbill posted the $880 invoice pricing, which seems to too low. I think $880 might be for the older MPPK's for the MY12-13, and not for the newer MY14 builds.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2014, 07:28 AM   #48
Joyrdr
Private First Class
Germany
Rep
Drives: F34, 335iX GT M Sport

Garage List
I am in Germany, work here and I bought a US Spec 335 GT through Military/Diplomat Sales. I ordered my MPPK through getbmwparts.com and the total price was $1332.62:

MPPK = $950.00
Due to newer model (2014 Build level) + $400.00
Holiday Promo Discount - $50.00
Shipping and Handling +$32.XX
Total $ 1332.62 vs if I bought it through the BMW Dealership here in Germany 1,500.00 Euros, which is about $2041.00. This is just for the parts, I still have to pay roughly 450.00 Euros, about $613.00 for labor. To help with the labor cost I have decided that I will try to change out the air filter bottom myself. Hopefully this will cut some costs.

Great step by step list of events. I am hoping that I will be able to see the same thing.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-06-2014, 11:04 AM   #49
jetbill
Captain
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhanism
jetbill posted the $880 invoice pricing, which seems to too low. I think $880 might be for the older MPPK's for the MY12-13, and not for the newer MY14 builds.
Correct July 2013 build was $880.
      01-12-2014, 01:04 PM   #50
Joyrdr
Private First Class
Germany
Rep

Garage List
Can't wait getting my MPPk installed on Tuesday
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2014, 01:15 PM   #51
qdtjant
Private First Class
Sweden
Rep
Drives: BMW Alpina D5S 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyrdr
Hope you like it, please give us a review
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2014, 03:02 PM   #52
Joyrdr
Private First Class
Germany
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by qdtjant
Quote:
Hope you like it, please give us a review
Well got my MPPK installed today......WOW

I have a US Spec F34, 335i XDrive. I purchased my car through a Military/Diplomatic Sales Program here in Germany. I purchased the MPPK through getbmwparts.com for approximately $1350.00 vs 1500.00 Euros from a local German BMW Dealership. I did have them install it for me and I paid roughly Euros 250.00 for the labor. I was not able to document this as well as qdtjant since the dealership did not allow me in the work bay until they started to install the software already. I did take a few pictures and they took a few pictures as well and emailed them to me.

Since I have the 335i xDrive model, my MPPK was able to give me an extra 30ish more HP. This is what I have read from the documents on BMW (German Edition), BMW USA still does not list the MPPK for stateside purchase....weird.

So, the feeling.....definitely feel the power. On my way home from the shop, I had 93km to go, I was able to floor it through the great German autobahn a few times. I really felt and saw a difference when I was in the 170-200 km/h. Really felt zero hesitation, I reached 250 km/h quickly and with very little effort. Once I got into the city, I could hear the whooshing sound under the hood. I heard it really good when I punched it in a tunnel.

Well hear are some pictures of what I got in the package along with a before and after shot of the sport display showing the changes from 320HP/320TQ to 400HP/400TQ.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-14-2014, 03:07 PM   #53
Joyrdr
Private First Class
Germany
Rep

Garage List
Next project.........MP Exhaust, when it's available.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-15-2014, 02:50 PM   #54
qdtjant
Private First Class
Sweden
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyrdr View Post
Nice pictures.
Waiting for the MP exhaust as well. I got information from the M Peroformance responsible guy in Sweden that the MP Exhaust may be available in Q1 2014. Lets hope so,
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2014, 03:10 PM   #55
Joyrdr
Private First Class
Germany
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Nice pictures.
Waiting for the MP exhaust as well. I got information from the M Peroformance responsible guy in Sweden that the MP Exhaust may be available in Q1 2014. Lets hope so,
Thanks, I can't wait either, hopefully it's true. Got a question for you, as I was leaving work, I decided to listen to any changes to the exhaust sound. When I turned on my car and went to listen to my exhaust, I noticed that it looked like only sound was coming out of the right exhaust, even smoke. When I put my ear next to the left exhaust, it was very quiet like it wasn't on. I figured I would check again when I got home, I had to drive 93km. When I got home, still the same thing as far as sound. I touched the right exhaust (the one working) and it was warm, when I touched the left one, it was still cold. Have you experienced this?
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2014, 03:16 PM   #56
qdtjant
Private First Class
Sweden
Rep

Quote:
Thanks, I can't wait either, hopefully it's true. Got a question for you, as I was leaving work, I decided to listen to any changes to the exhaust sound. When I turned on my car and went to listen to my exhaust, I noticed that it looked like only sound was coming out of the right exhaust, even smoke. When I put my ear next to the left exhaust, it was very quiet like it wasn't on. I figured I would check again when I got home, I had to drive 93km. When I got home, still the same thing as far as sound. I touched the right exhaust (the one working) and it was warm, when I touched the left one, it was still cold. Have you experienced this?
It's exactly the same on my car......and I think it's a bit too quiet. So I really want the MP Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2014, 03:19 PM   #57
Joyrdr
Private First Class
Germany
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
It's exactly the same on my car......and I think it's a bit too quiet. So I really want the MP Exhaust
But only one side is really quiet, like it's not working at all. It's like nothing is passing through the exhaust.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2014, 03:34 PM   #58
tristantumble
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '17 340xi msport 6MT, MPPk

There is a flap that is closed on the left exhaust. Once you go above 3k rpm's it opens. Or if you are in sports mode it's open all the time.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2014, 11:40 PM   #59
Joyrdr
Private First Class
Germany
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tristantumble
There is a flap that is closed on the left exhaust. Once you go above 3k rpm's it opens. Or if you are in sports mode it's open all the time.
Thanks, but would it be normal for it to be cold to the touch after driving 93km?
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2014, 01:53 AM   #60
qdtjant
Private First Class
Sweden
Rep

Have to try driving a longer ride in sports mode and see if there are any hotter on the left exhaust pipe..........but for now we have had a lot of snow here in Sweden.
Nice to experience the xDrive and MPPK on snow roads :-)
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2014, 12:17 PM   #61
Joyrdr
Private First Class
Germany
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Have to try driving a longer ride in sports mode and see if there are any hotter on the left exhaust pipe..........but for now we have had a lot of snow here in Sweden.
Nice to experience the xDrive and MPPK on snow roads :-)
Thanks, I have read some more information on the 335i exhaust system and now understand how it works. The left exhaust pipe is closed during idle and below 3k rpm, it opens up when punching the gas (while moving) and at higher rpms. Well we have no snow where I am at in Germany so no fun with the xDrive yet.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2014, 07:16 AM   #62
Joyrdr
Private First Class
Germany
Rep

Garage List
Check Engine Light turns on and off after MPPK Installation

Has anyone experienced this yet?

I have a US Spec, MY2014 F34, 335i GT, built in Oct 2013. I had the MPPK installed in Dec with the latest MPPK. After about two weeks of driving, the CEL came on. I made an appointment to have it looked at, the appointment was in two days. After work on Day1 of CEL, it disappeared, so i called the dealership and cancelled my appointment. I figured it was just a glitch maybe it was just really cold or something. Anyway the following week, the CEL came back on. I made another appointment, the appoinment was in two days. So, the day of my appoinment, the CEL disappeared again. I told the dealership that it was gone, they still kept the vehicle and wanted to run some tests. They kept it for a day, they connected with BMW Munich and BMW Munich couldn't find a fault either. They performed a reset and the CEL was gone. The next day the CEL was back on, on my drive home the same evening, about after it was parked for 8 hours, the CEL went away.

Needless to say, this is getting frustrating, making another appointment with BMW. The last time i picked up my car, i was told that if it happens again, they will have to keep my car for a bout a week to figure this out.

So, i don't drive the car crazy. I normally keep the cruise control on at 122km/hr to and from work. I travel 186km a day to work and back. Once in a while I will punch it and hit 250km/hr for a few to open her up.

Has anyone received any new news as to what is possibly happening? The car drives great, just the CEL coming on and off.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2014, 07:50 AM   #63
mhanism
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:

I have a US Spec, MY2014 F34, 335i GT, built in Oct 2013. I had the MPPK installed in Dec with the latest MPPK. After about two weeks of driving, the CEL came on. I made an appointment to have it looked at, the appointment was in two days. After work on Day1 of CEL, it disappeared, so i called the dealership and cancelled my appointment. I figured it was just a glitch maybe it was just really cold or something. Anyway the following week, the CEL came back on. I made another appointment, the appoinment was in two days. So, the day of my appoinment, the CEL disappeared again. I told the dealership that it was gone, they still kept the vehicle and wanted to run some tests. They kept it for a day, they connected with BMW Munich and BMW Munich couldn't find a fault either. They performed a reset and the CEL was gone. The next day the CEL was back on, on my drive home the same evening, about after it was parked for 8 hours, the CEL went away.

Needless to say, this is getting frustrating, making another appointment with BMW. The last time i picked up my car, i was told that if it happens again, they will have to keep my car for a bout a week to figure this out.

So, i don't drive the car crazy. I normally keep the cruise control on at 122km/hr to and from work. I travel 186km a day to work and back. Once in a while I will punch it and hit 250km/hr for a few to open her up.

Has anyone received any new news as to what is possibly happening? The car drives great, just the CEL coming on and off.
I had the MPPK installed on my MY13 335i 6MT yesterday and I pick it up today. Will report back any issues.
MY14 335i M Sport (Sold)
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2014, 12:53 PM   #64
Joyrdr
Private First Class
Germany
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhanism
Quote:

I had the MPPK installed on my MY13 335i 6MT yesterday and I pick it up today. Will report back any issues.
Thanks, apparently there has been some issues. Not sure if it is only on the MY2014s
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2014, 02:44 PM   #65
qdtjant
Private First Class
Sweden
Rep

No CEL yet, but I do not have any chance to drive especially hard, due to winter tyres and to much traffic here in the Stockholm area in Sweden. My car is a September built and I had my MPPK installed in December 2013.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2014, 09:03 AM   #66
Joyrdr
Private First Class
Germany
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by qdtjant View Post
No CEL yet, but I do not have any chance to drive especially hard, due to winter tyres and to much traffic here in the Stockholm area in Sweden. My car is a September built and I had my MPPK installed in December 2013.
So i am still getting the check engine light (CEL). It comes on and off. I noticed that it would be off during normal during, between 120-140km/h. When i slam on the gas to accelerate and drive a higher speeds 190-250km/p the check engine light would come on. Having it checked again at the dealer to see if they can figure it out. The last time i brought it in, they couldn't see any error code nor could they figure out what or why the CEL was coming on. It was also connected to Munich BMW and no answers.
Appreciate 0