F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Evolution of BATMAN
Extreme Powerhouse

05-18-2014, 11:44 PM   #23
Lucid Moment
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 911 turbo, E85 3.0

How about these guys?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-19-2014, 12:47 AM   #24
rjd598
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 340i

Garage List
2016 BMW 340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShopVac View Post
If memory recalls, it was Morgan Freeman that built it.

+2 Keaton was awesome.

Val Kilmer = worst
I hold a soft spot for the Val Kilmer film since it was my first batman movie, but I can't say it was the best. Hands down the George clooney one was the worst. Cheesiest lines ever. I'm a big batman fan and can watch all of them except batman and robin get me bored.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAxiom View Post
I hate Batman, completely boring hero with plot induced superpowers.

Also, a Captain America fan - a real superhero.
It's funny because I feel the exact opposite. I'm not saying captain America sucks but compared to batman he is pretty boring and when you make this specific comparison a lot of people would agree. A big appeal for batman is because he doesn't have superpowers but instead uses his resources to be a crime fighter/great detective.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2014, 07:29 AM   #25
Whostheboss
Captain
Rep
Drives: a 9incher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucid Moment View Post
How about these guys?
Heath Ledger > Jack Nicholson

(although Nicholson is a great actor)
      05-19-2014, 07:55 AM   #26
ShocknAwe
1Addict
Rep
Drives: E82 Mutt, M57 Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whostheboss View Post
Heath Ledger > Jack Nicholson

(although Nicholson is a great actor)
Was gonna say, I know who is more intimidating as a villain. Last great legacy is all I will add.
      05-19-2014, 08:56 AM   #27
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep
Drives: '22 X6M/'21 S1Krr

Modern mythology characters like Batman survive over many generations because even though these characters heve been "re-booted" many times, and we have seen new incarnations of the same character arise for over 50 years, the core of the individuals' personality and what they chose to fight for remain relative and can be identified with by each generation and their personal respective era.

Even though we know these these characters are fictional, we usually can find an ideal or logic we share with our favorite ones. Plus some of these characters have some pretty cool toys we wouldn't mind having at our disposal, or they have some badass tendencies we would like to exploit or exact from time to time, but would end up in prison if we attempeted them, lol.

Back on topic...

Favorite DC Hero: Batman
Favorite DC Villian: Clayface

Favorite Marvel hero: Spiderman
Favorite Marvel Villan: Magneto

Favorite Non DC/Marvel Hero: Trunks
Favorite Non DC/Marvel Villan: Demona
      05-19-2014, 09:26 AM   #28
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

That photo is pretty cool, Lucid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai of 2day View Post
Modern mythology characters like Batman survive over...

Favorite DC Hero: Batman
Favorite DC Villian: Clayface

Favorite Marvel hero: Spiderman
Favorite Marvel Villan: Magneto

Favorite Non DC/Marvel Hero: Trunks
Favorite Non DC/Marvel Villan: Demona
You make some really good, valid points here. The core of the characters and their values, skills, etc remain the same and thus makes it easy to change out the actor (They'll be doing this soon with Jackman, RDJ and as they've done with Hulk, Spiderman, Batman, Superman...and on and on)

Interesting trivia: There's a scene in the Dark Knight where The joker is walking away holding his mask. If you look closely there is a poster for Spiderman 3 in the background

Last edited by 954Stealth; 05-19-2014 at 09:35 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2014, 09:45 AM   #29
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 954Stealth View Post
That photo is pretty cool, Lucid

You make some really good, valid points here. The core of the characters and their values, skills, etc remain the same and thus makes it easy to change out the actor (They'll be doing this soon with Jackman, RDJ and as they've done with Hulk, Spiderman, Batman, Superman...and on and on)

Interesting trivia: There's a scene in the Dark Knight where The joker is walking away holding his mask. If you look closely there is a poster for Spiderman 3 in the background
Nice find!! I would not have noticed that easter egg if you didn't point it out.

Maybe that is fore-shadowing for the cross over movie franchises that I am sure we will se sometime in the future... cross overs like...

Superman vs Goku
Batman vs Spiderman
X-men vs Justice League

... Just to name a few
      05-19-2014, 11:44 AM   #30
Taskmaster
Banned
Japan
Rep
Drives: M235i 6MT / E92 328 Msport 6MT

Quote:
Nice find!! I would not have noticed that easter egg if you didn't point it out.

Maybe that is fore-shadowing for the cross over movie franchises that I am sure we will se sometime in the future... cross overs like...

Superman vs Goku
Batman vs Spiderman
X-men vs Justice League

... Just to name a few
Superman would beat Goku - and I'm a DIE HARD Goku fan.

SpiderMan would make quick work of Batman. He's faster (he can literally dodge bullets) Stronger ( He can lift over 10 tons, Captain America who is enhanced Human, is over 800-1100lbs) and has his spider sense.

Justice League should be compared to Avengers, but with the Xmen, which line up? Early 90s Jim Lee Xmen? Or current?
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2014, 12:14 PM   #31
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

X-Tinction Agenda Era Xmen
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2014, 05:27 PM   #32
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep

Quote:
Superman would beat Goku - and I'm a DIE HARD Goku fan.

SpiderMan would make quick work of Batman. He's faster (he can literally dodge bullets) Stronger ( He can lift over 10 tons, Captain America who is enhanced Human, is over 800-1100lbs) and has his spider sense.

Justice League should be compared to Avengers, but with the Xmen, which line up? Early 90s Jim Lee Xmen? Or current?
I agree with you.

I believe Superman would eventually beat Goku, even though I would prefer Goku win that match.

Spiderman would definitely beat Batman in a physical fight, but then again Batman has used his resourcefulness to defeat more powerful enemies as well... but Spiderman has proven to be quite resouceful as well... these two would make for a very close and entertaining / suspenseful fight.

You are right about the Avengers vs The Justice League making for a better match up. I just prefer the X-Men over the Avengers. My personal opinion, of course. To answer your question, I had the early-mid 90's incarnation of the X-Men in Mind.

Either way, I am sure we will start seeing these cross over movies pop up in abour 10-15 years once they get tired of recycling the top Marvel/DC characters... similar to how we started to get the Freddy vs Jason and Alien vs Predator movies that people would only imagine 10-15 years ago, lol.

BTW, if you haven't already done so, you should check out the "Death Battle" sequences on Youtube... seems like you like these out of universe match ups!
      05-19-2014, 05:48 PM   #33
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Superman vs the Hulk
Batman vs Captain America
Flash vs Quicksilver

Avengers vs Justice League might be done but in a long time, like towards 2030
Everything is already planned out until 2028 and DC needs BatVSSup - which is basically a JLA starter to do well or their cinematic universe is dead in the water
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2014, 06:03 PM   #34
Myrder
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 335i MSport 6MT LMB

Quote:
Superman vs the Hulk
Batman vs Captain America
Flash vs Quicksilver

Avengers vs Justice League might be done but in a long time, like towards 2030
Everything is already planned out until 2028 and DC needs BatVSSup - which is basically a JLA starter to do well or their cinematic universe is dead in the water
oh no don't start it. Superman vs. Hulk has 1000s of threads ou there haha. Which Hulk? WorldBreaker?

Batman - W
Flash - W
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2014, 06:23 PM   #35
Taskmaster
Banned
Japan
Rep

Quote:
I agree with you.

I believe Superman would eventually beat Goku, even though I would prefer Goku win that match.

Spiderman would definitely beat Batman in a physical fight, but then again Batman has used his resourcefulness to defeat more powerful enemies as well... but Spiderman has proven to be quite resouceful as well... these two would make for a very close and entertaining / suspenseful fight.

You are right about the Avengers vs The Justice League making for a better match up. I just prefer the X-Men over the Avengers. My personal opinion, of course. To answer your question, I had the early-mid 90's incarnation of the X-Men in Mind.

Either way, I am sure we will start seeing these cross over movies pop up in abour 10-15 years once they get tired of recycling the top Marvel/DC characters... similar to how we started to get the Freddy vs Jason and Alien vs Predator movies that people would only imagine 10-15 years ago, lol.

BTW, if you haven't already done so, you should check out the "Death Battle" sequences on Youtube... seems like you like these out of universe match ups!
Death battle did a matchup of Batman and Spider-Man, Batman lost. And rightfully so: Batman is made out to be near godlike because he has "prep time" and yet he's been trashed by Slade (Deathstroke) how many times and broken by Bane.

Last edited by Taskmaster; 05-19-2014 at 06:33 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2014, 06:26 PM   #36
Taskmaster
Banned
Japan
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrder View Post
oh no don't start it. Superman vs. Hulk has 1000s of threads ou there haha. Which Hulk? WorldBreaker?

Batman - W
Flash - W
Uhhh, Captain America has a photographic memory, can actually dodge bullets and is Batman's physical superior in every way. Oh, and the shield is indestructible and can be used offensively.

Sure, Batman has stood up to some tough dudes, but so has Captain America, he's an Avenger and nothing about thier enemies says "street level fighter"
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2014, 07:06 PM   #37
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Challenger RT Junk

Michael Keaton was and still will be the best Batman ever....

best Joker = Jack Nicholson

best Catwoman = Michelle Pfeiffer
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2014, 08:06 AM   #38
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

I just watched to movie Neighbors and theres a scene about Keaton vs Bale

Bale: "YOU KILLED THE WOMAN I LOVE SO IM GONNA GET YOU!! IM BATMAN!!"
Keaton: "Hey. Im batman."
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2014, 10:21 AM   #39
Benstuck
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i N55 E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAxiom
Quote:
lol that sounds like something someone who is afraid of Batman would say j/k

I like Batman due in large part to the psychology behind the character. His equipment and technology is cool as well although, admittedly, some of the movies should be forgotten embarrassments.

Captain America is cool too but for much different reasons. How long have you been a fan of his? Please tell me it's not just since Captain America 1 or 2 movies
Longer than you've been fan of DeadPool j/k. I'm more of an Xman/Xforce guy, but you have to respect Captian America - the movies did renforce that he's pretty cool.

And for the Bat cars are an embarrassment except for Bales - but honestly, Bale's Batman is no match for movie Captain America. I just think Batman's superpowers and abilities are from writers making him godlike, which is quite annoying.
You know, I was about to debate your statement, but you have an interesting point about the plot. But that can be said for any character if you think about it.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2014, 11:18 AM   #40
Myrder
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Uhhh, Captain America has a photographic memory, can actually dodge bullets and is Batman's physical superior in every way. Oh, and the shield is indestructible and can be used offensively.

Sure, Batman has stood up to some tough dudes, but so has Captain America, he's an Avenger and nothing about thier enemies says "street level fighter"
I mean, no gadgets/weapons I'll go with Cap. If you allow gadgets and weapons Batman all day. Batman can just freeze Cap...that seems to give him problems.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2014, 11:28 AM   #41
Taskmaster
Banned
Japan
Rep

Quote:
I mean, no gadgets/weapons I'll go with Cap. If you allow gadgets and weapons Batman all day. Batman can just freeze Cap...that seems to give him problems.
I lol'd a little - but seriously, Batman isn't a match for Cap with Gadgets. You're talking about a guy who can fight toe to toe with Iron Man.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2014, 11:37 AM   #42
Myrder
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I lol'd a little - but seriously, Batman isn't a match for Cap with Gadgets. You're talking about a guy who can fight toe to toe with Iron Man.
You know Batman has fought Superman right? And in Frank Miller's universe won. Not saying that is canon. I think Superman is a hell of a lot stronger than Cap.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2014, 11:43 AM   #43
Taskmaster
Banned
Japan
Rep

Quote:
You know Batman has fought Superman right? And in Frank Miller's universe won. Not saying that is canon. I think Superman is a hell of a lot stronger than Cap.
Frank Miller hates Superman.
Seriously, I don't think anyone here believes for a second Batman could beat Superman, but Plot Induced Stupidity says otherwise. Now we have people running around screaming "Because Batman" believing Batman can beat anyone, while he simultaneously gets his ass kicked by Cat woman and other street level fighters.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2014, 11:44 AM   #44
Taskmaster
Banned
Japan
Rep

You can tell I'm bitter.
Appreciate 0