F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > south east floods
ARMA SPEED

05-29-2018, 10:40 AM   #1
Ozzie_89
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F32

south east floods

Has anyone managed to claim off of southern water before. Basically my road has flooded today due to excess rainfall but because of council cut backs our drains have not been cleared in ages. The result is saddening for me as my car was subdued in dirty water and has flooded as per the pics. Unfortunately it was too late for me until I realised the sheer amount of water that came down as I was fast asleep asleep with my 1yr old baby. I am awaiting a call vack from insurance to arrange an inspection but im not optimustic avout the outcome as insurance advised that in the past such cases have caused the vehicles yo be written off.
      05-29-2018, 10:42 AM   #2
Ozzie_89
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F32

i cannot attach images as yet as the app wont allow me to add....water flood was as high as wheel arches you could not see the tyres
      05-29-2018, 10:46 AM   #3
robbiep
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: VW e-Golf !

Your claim will be with your insurance company.

If your insurance company feel Southern Water, or the Council are to blame then they will claim off them in turn.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2018, 10:51 AM   #4
mikeoz
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M40d LCI

Are you able to provide documentation that drains have not been done be provide to your insurance?
Other issue, Southern could state and it may be a fair comment that even if the drains had been done on a daily basis that amount of water fall in such a short period would have over come the system anyway. They cannot control the weather etc.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2018, 12:26 PM   #5
GEP77
Major
Rep
Drives: Tesla Model 3 Long Range.

The amount of rain we've had in such a short space of time is not normal and even fully functional drains would be overwhelmed quite easily.

Incidentally I live in an area covered by South East water and the pumping out of drains in my area is something that happens 2-3 times a year. However it should be pointed out that the crews that do it seem to work some very odd hours, I've seen them out at half eleven a night on occasions for instance.

It's a sad state of affairs when someone has an unfortunate incident and immediately tries to blame someone else and claim.

If damage has occurred to the car then this is a reminder of how beneficial insurance can be.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2018, 12:34 PM   #6
Herr Dreier
Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: G31 540i Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzie_89 View Post
Has anyone managed to claim off of southern water before. Basically my road has flooded today due to excess rainfall but because of council cut backs our drains have not been cleared in ages. The result is saddening for me as my car was subdued in dirty water and has flooded as per the pics. Unfortunately it was too late for me until I realised the sheer amount of water that came down as I was fast asleep asleep with my 1yr old baby. I am awaiting a call vack from insurance to arrange an inspection but im not optimustic avout the outcome as insurance advised that in the past such cases have caused the vehicles yo be written off.
You say you want to claim from Southern Water but go on to say the drains haven't been cleared due to council cut backs

Frustrating time for sure, and I have sympathy, but it sounds like you're clutching at straws to lay the blame where it aint.
Appreciate 0