F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Build week! :)
Extreme Powerhouse

12-11-2012, 07:50 AM   #111
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowdedhouse View Post
Week 2

Second week of January according to sales guy......who only really rang to tell me the price has gone up €1200 due to tax changers in the budget
You should NOT be paying that, if you've got an invoice / price, thats what you pay and NO more they are ripping you off.
I had this when VAT went up to 20% in January a couple of years ago, my car was late and the VAT was NOT charged to me as my deal had been done two months earlier, I would not have paid another penny either.
      12-11-2012, 08:29 AM   #112
pirulove
Major G33k
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 320d M Sport Estoril Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkW83
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirulove View Post
Shock, Horror. Spoke to CS this morning, system is showing my car at dealer :O! Left message for dealer to confirm.....!
Wow, that's a bit quick! Are we to assume your "pre-eu port of exit" as of the 7th wasn't up to date then?
Must have been mate, still waiting for the dealer to call me back.
      12-11-2012, 09:08 AM   #113
pirulove
Major G33k
United Kingdom
Rep

Spoke with dealer, expecting car to be with them today. Going to call me in the morning with reg details etc. They reckon it will be ready to collect on the 21st! Still a wait yet, going to see if it can be done any faster.
      12-11-2012, 09:51 AM   #114
MarkW83
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirulove View Post
Spoke with dealer, expecting car to be with them today. Going to call me in the morning with reg details etc. They reckon it will be ready to collect on the 21st! Still a wait yet, going to see if it can be done any faster.
If they're getting it today then why on earth can't it be ready in less than 10 days?? They can turn it round in a day for you... speak to Dealer Principal if you have any issues, make up a story about you needing the car sooner
      12-11-2012, 12:33 PM   #115
crowdedhouse
Second Lieutenant
Ireland
Rep
Drives: 2021 G20 330d mSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbmw6 View Post
You should NOT be paying that, if you've got an invoice / price, thats what you pay and NO more they are ripping you off.
I'm afraid in Ireland we have Vehicle Registration Tax in addition to VAT which is paid on the day of registration, the only way to avoid it would be to buy a car this month. The way the car market works over here it would be considered a year old in January............
      12-11-2012, 12:55 PM   #116
JOHNBMWM5
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowdedhouse View Post
I'm afraid in Ireland we have Vehicle Registration Tax in addition to VAT which is paid on the day of registration, the only way to avoid it would be to buy a car this month. The way the car market works over here it would be considered a year old in January............
Ouch thats a pain.
      12-11-2012, 01:16 PM   #117
pirulove
Major G33k
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkW83 View Post
If they're getting it today then why on earth can't it be ready in less than 10 days?? They can turn it round in a day for you... speak to Dealer Principal if you have any issues, make up a story about you needing the car sooner
I'm going to push them tomorrow when they phone, I'm away this weekend seeing family so would love to have the car for then.
      12-12-2012, 06:26 AM   #118
MarkW83
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Well, after trying to locate the ship it would be on yesterday by sending a couple of emails to the likely shipping companies, I have just had a call from my dealer "telling me off" for asking, direct from BMW AG! That got back quick, lol.

Anyway, apparently Thorne is pretty full up at present, so all cars are currently entering the UK in Southampton, then going on to Oxford for prep. The dealers are then often arranging their own transport from Oxford.

So, I'm assuming Cuxhaven-Southampton; sales manager at my dealer reckons it will be on a boat on Friday, 3-4 days to UK (landing Tuesday), then on to Oxford and up to dealer. He's aiming for me being able to collect 21st/22nd.
      12-12-2012, 07:21 AM   #119
pirulove
Major G33k
United Kingdom
Rep

O dear mark lol they can't blame u for being excited to get the car!

I've arranged to pick mine up on the 22nd, not great but apparently they are stacked for PDI and can't do any earlier. Fair enough I suppose. Also, he mentioned the car is going to Northampton for its PDI?

Need to keep myself busy for the need week and a half, it's going to be horribly slow lol
      12-12-2012, 07:28 AM   #120
M40WST
Private
Rep
Drives: MINI Cooper,Previous F30 316d

I can understand you guys being excited, my cars all ready to go just waiting on the DVLA, I was due to collect from the Dealer tomorrow but am still waiting for them to confirm that they will receive the documents from the DVLA in time. I have given them a deadline of 4pm today to let me know. As I'll have to cancel my days holiday if its not going to be ready. I have to say I'm less than impressed that i'm having to keep chasing them for updates!!
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2012, 07:31 AM   #121
MarkW83
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

It's okay I can't imagine many customers are like us lot; most will place their order then forget about their "company car" until it arrives! If only I was like that, I would have less grey hairs anyway

It will go quickly Piru, at least you get it for Christmas! What a great Christmas present.

M40: annoying that you have to wait on paperwork/DVLA when you car is just sitting there! Is it a private reg you're transferring (if so, from retention doc or...?)

Last edited by MarkW83; 12-12-2012 at 07:38 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2012, 07:45 AM   #122
M40WST
Private
Rep

Yep private reg, I had the discussion with the dealership regarding the plate before I ordered the car and they advised me that they have a deal with Manchester DVLA to transfer from my current car straight to the new one with all the documents being done in a 4 day turn around. They advised me the documents were sent to the DVLA on Friday.

If I don't get the car by the weekend i'll be kicking off with them as they shouldn't be making promises they can't keep!

I wish I had just put the plate on retention and done it my self i'm pretty sure I'd have had the V5 back by now!
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2012, 07:46 AM   #123
MarkW83
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M40WST View Post
Yep private reg, I had the discussion with the dealership regarding the plate before I ordered the car and they advised me that they have a deal with Manchester DVLA to transfer from my current car straight to the new one with all the documents being done in a 4 day turn around. They advised me the documents were sent to the DVLA on Friday.

If I don't get the car by the weekend i'll be kicking off with them as they shouldn't be making promises they can't keep!

I wish I had just put the plate on retention and done it my self i'm pretty sure I'd have had the V5 back by now!
Yeah, I was tempted to let them do it as they also offered to do the transfer for me; but I didn't trust them to get it done in time so decided to put mine on retention. Given them the retention doc earlier this week, and apparently they register the car with it instantly when it lands in the UK, inc. printing out their own tax disc etc.

Oh well, hope they manage to get it sorted in time for you!
      12-12-2012, 07:54 AM   #124
M40WST
Private
Rep

Yep I think it is effectively them getting a retention doc as you say they register the car online as soon as they get it an print out the tax disc.

Wouldn't mind so much but they told me the car was going to be a week early, then said it was going to be next week and then said it was on time so would have it tomorrow and now there not so sure!

still I should have it before christmas which is the main thing!
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2012, 07:59 AM   #125
MarkW83
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Yeah defo, before Christmas and I think we'll all be happy. There'd be nothing worse than sitting through Christmas just wanting it to be all over so we can pick up our cars!
      12-12-2012, 11:27 AM   #126
JOHNBMWM5
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Well, after trying to locate the ship it would be on yesterday by sending a couple of emails to the likely shipping companies, I have just had a call from my dealer "telling me off" for asking, direct from BMW AG! That got back quick, lol.

Anyway, apparently Thorne is pretty full up at present, so all cars are currently entering the UK in Southampton, then going on to Oxford for prep. The dealers are then often arranging their own transport from Oxford.

So, I'm assuming Cuxhaven-Southampton; sales manager at my dealer reckons it will be on a boat on Friday, 3-4 days to UK (landing Tuesday), then on to Oxford and up to dealer. He's aiming for me being able to collect 21st/22nd.
Just spoke to BMW and NO cars should go to Oxford unless they are BMW cars ( for their use) or MINI's, and exceptional circumstances were dealerships can not PDI cars.
All dealers PDI their own cars as thats money to them.
Southampton would only be used for cars north of the country if Thorne was over loaded, in any case from their transported direct to dealers
Sounds like a bit of BULL coming from that dealership.
      12-12-2012, 11:31 AM   #127
M40WST
Private
Rep

Well finally got hold of the Dealers, had to contact the Sales Manager in the end as I hadn't heard anything from the 'Sales Executive'.

The DVLA has sent out the documents, but they dont get there post till 11am and even then its still not assured they'll be there tomorrow so after a discussion about my trade-in and my 40 miles round trip to work and back and not being happy about the potential of my car not being legally insured the Sales Manager agreed for me to go there in the morning and leave my car there and they'll arrange for me to have another car until mine is ready to collect.

That has put my mind at ease and has improved my opinion of the dealers them selves. I'll let you know what they give me
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2012, 11:42 AM   #128
JOHNBMWM5
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M40WST View Post
Well finally got hold of the Dealers, had to contact the Sales Manager in the end as I hadn't heard anything from the 'Sales Executive'.

The DVLA has sent out the documents, but they dont get there post till 11am and even then its still not assured they'll be there tomorrow so after a discussion about my trade-in and my 40 miles round trip to work and back and not being happy about the potential of my car not being legally insured the Sales Manager agreed for me to go there in the morning and leave my car there and they'll arrange for me to have another car until mine is ready to collect.

That has put my mind at ease and has improved my opinion of the dealers them selves. I'll let you know what they give me
Thats more like it .
      12-12-2012, 11:45 AM   #129
MarkW83
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbmw6 View Post
Just spoke to BMW and NO cars should go to Oxford unless they are BMW cars ( for their use) or MINI's, and exceptional circumstances were dealerships can not PDI cars.
All dealers PDI their own cars as thats money to them.
Southampton would only be used for cars north of the country if Thorne was over loaded, in any case from their transported direct to dealers
Sounds like a bit of BULL coming from that dealership.
He did sound like he was guessing with the prep at Oxford to be honest, but said cars this week and last had been going in through Southampton rather than Immingham.

So I guess we can deduce that my car will likely land in Southampton, but then go straight to my dealer rather than stopping at Oxford on the way?
      12-12-2012, 11:59 AM   #130
crowdedhouse
Second Lieutenant
Ireland
Rep
Drives: 2021 G20 330d mSport

All this talk about shipping and delivery has me curious as to how they arrive in Ireland. I'm guessing they come from the UK to Dublin as the number of cars would be much smaller. I doubt if a 'BMW ship' calls to Ireland.
      12-12-2012, 12:20 PM   #131
JOHNBMWM5
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
He did sound like he was guessing with the prep at Oxford to be honest, but said cars this week and last had been going in through Southampton rather than Immingham.

So I guess we can deduce that my car will likely land in Southampton, but then go straight to my dealer rather than stopping at Oxford on the way?
Yep and you should get it sooner as well, here is hoping.
      12-12-2012, 12:56 PM   #132
MarkW83
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Cheers, fingers crossed. Definitely a lot of misinformation about!