F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > New car questions
proTUNING Freaks

12-06-2012, 08:25 PM   #1
woderd
Private
Rep
Drives: boat

New car questions

Hello, just took delivery and have a couple questions.

I have the sport line 335 XI.

1. Can you turn both fog lights off? I notice that only one turns off when I hit the fog button.

2. Is it typical that the back of the car sits lower than the front?

3. Can you make the doors unlock when putting in park mode or when turning the car off?

4. I have the dynamic handling package, the ride is a little stiff. I thought the DHP when in comfort mode is suppose to be more plush?

Some notes: The most complicated thing about the car is setting the universal garage door opener. But I finally got it after 30 min.... Had to hit the switch on the garage door motor. Trying to code it with the remote did NOT work...
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2012, 08:36 PM   #2
artieg30
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 F06

my most complicated thing was getting my bluetooth to stream audio from my phone!
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2012, 10:10 PM   #3
Hayir
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 328i modern line

1. What do you mean? They supposed to come on when you hit the fog light button. They will turn off when you hit again. If the steering wheel is turned one of them will come on as a cornering light.

2. Mine is the same. front gap between wheel and fender is larger than the rear gap.

3. I think no. I would like to do the same thing. Every time I need to take out the key or go into the car again to get the kdi out from the rear seat.

4. I have the DHP. In comfort mode it is not as stiff as a typical BMW 3 series and very comfortable but I can`t say it is plush.

You need to hit the button on the garage door motor since they have a rolling code technology. Without pushing the learn button on the motor, it won`t work. I think it is to prevent someone capture your signal and open the door.
      12-06-2012, 10:12 PM   #4
woderd
Private
Rep

Thanks, anyone know how much softer the 5 series is compared to the 3? I should have test driven both.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2012, 04:42 AM   #5
woderd
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayir View Post
1. What do you mean? They supposed to come on when you hit the fog light button. They will turn off when you hit again. If the steering wheel is turned one of them will come on as a cornering light.

2. Mine is the same. front gap between wheel and fender is larger than the rear gap.

3. I think no. I would like to do the same thing. Every time I need to take out the key or go into the car again to get the kdi out from the rear seat.

4. I have the DHP. In comfort mode it is not as stiff as a typical BMW 3 series and very comfortable but I can`t say it is plush.

You need to hit the button on the garage door motor since they have a rolling code technology. Without pushing the learn button on the motor, it won`t work. I think it is to prevent someone capture your signal and open the door.
My car had shipping blocks on them which caused it to sit higher in the front. The car no longer sits higher in the front after removing the blocks.

Check this thread http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13134868
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2012, 05:03 AM   #6
J1n
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: R8 V8 '14

Quote:
Originally Posted by woderd View Post
Thanks, anyone know how much softer the 5 series is compared to the 3? I should have test driven both.
If you're talking about the non m sport suspension .. i would say both of them are just as soft.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2012, 05:17 AM   #7
MarkW83
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by J1n View Post
If you're talking about the non m sport suspension .. i would say both of them are just as soft.
I haven't driven both (or either in fact!), but I did a lot of reading up on Adaptive Suspension when ordering my car; it seemed to be the general consensus that the "Comfort" setting of the Adaptive Suspension was even softer and more compliant than the normal non-sport suspension, but also more controlled; and that on that setting, it "felt like a 5 Series", much more wafty...
      12-11-2012, 05:56 AM   #8
J1n
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkW83 View Post
I haven't driven both (or either in fact!), but I did a lot of reading up on Adaptive Suspension when ordering my car; it seemed to be the general consensus that the "Comfort" setting of the Adaptive Suspension was even softer and more compliant than the normal non-sport suspension, but also more controlled; and that on that setting, it "felt like a 5 Series", much more wafty...
We have both a f10 and f30 opted for Msport suspensions i didnt want to float on clouds no more lol.Mrs reckons the ride on the msport susp. are comfortable too.. so alls good.

It will balance the settings out for u so dont worry too much about it. I doubt it feels too firm when ur going over pod holes and bumps..
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2012, 05:59 AM   #9
MarkW83
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by J1n View Post
We have both a f10 and f30 opted for Msport suspensions i didnt want to float on clouds no more lol.Mrs reckons the ride on the msport susp. are comfortable too.. so alls good.

It will balance the settings out for u so dont worry too much about it. I doubt it feels too firm when ur going over pod holes and bumps..
I think it's great the have the choice between "floating" and a firmer/sportier drive though, depending on your mood and the driving conditions. Usually you have to make a choice which to go for
      12-11-2012, 07:44 AM   #10
Hayir
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 328i modern line

Quote:
My car had shipping blocks on them which caused it to sit higher in the front. The car no longer sits higher in the front after removing the blocks.

Check this thread http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13134868
They also forgot the shipping blocks on my car. I realized it on the second day and took it back to dealer. Currently no shipping blocks and the car still sits slightly higher in the front (half a finger difference.)
      12-11-2012, 02:46 PM   #11
MikeVictor
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: anything given a chance

Garage List
Woderd, has your car got adaptive headlights?
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2012, 02:51 PM   #12
Tsuyoi
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 328i

For the firmness of the suspension, I've test driven both a 2012 535 and a 2013 328, base models (no sport suspension/sports steering/dynamic handling etc). The 5 series definitely rides softer, but the downside is you lose some of that feel of the road. It's great for long trips down highways etc, but doesn't quite give the same thrill of a 3. I find the new 2012/2013 3 series ride comfort to be a lot better than the older models. The 2008 3 almost chipped my teeth going over construction.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2012, 03:03 PM   #13
woderd
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabaitu View Post
Woderd, has your car got adaptive headlights?
yes
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2012, 06:24 PM   #14
MikeVictor
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: anything given a chance

Garage List
Quote:
yes
Straighten your steering wheel and then see if both fog lights are off.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2012, 08:26 PM   #15
J1n
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkW83 View Post
I think it's great the have the choice between "floating" and a firmer/sportier drive though, depending on your mood and the driving conditions. Usually you have to make a choice which to go for
Definitely a personal preference.
Appreciate 0