F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Introduction and Progress Thread
ARMA SPEED

10-10-2015, 07:31 PM   #45
Daftasabrush
Fool
England
Rep
Drives: F31 340i

If it were me, I'd ditch the thought of ever having a 428i and instead head towards a 340i which has got to be about the same price after discount. Hell, the 330D is about the same price as 340i after discount and 4 series is more expensive. Have a go in the 340i and then try to talk yourself into getting a 3 series instead of a 4.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2015, 01:47 AM   #46
rich100
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F31 320i Xdrive msport

Very interesting thread Asif and great write ups.

I have had a quick look on coast to coast. On 430d they are posting a 16% discount for a 430d but I think this likely does include dealer contributions as well.

Not sure if the figure of £5285 above includes the £1000 dealer deposit or not. If it does then you're at 12% so I think you may be able to push for a bit more. If however the £1000 is on top of this then you're at 14% which is more in the same ball park.

Hopefully Riaz will come back but the other alternative may be to email the quote out to some other local dealers, perhaps Sytner oldbury / Birmingham / Solihull and just see what they can do. Whilst part of the same group, they may be at different positions vs targets and may be able to better it.

Keep the updates coming.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2015, 01:51 AM   #47
rich100
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daftasabrush View Post
If it were me, I'd ditch the thought of ever having a 428i and instead head towards a 340i which has got to be about the same price after discount. Hell, the 330D is about the same price as 340i after discount and 4 series is more expensive. Have a go in the 340i and then try to talk yourself into getting a 3 series instead of a 4.
OR this...., brilliant idea.

Ok it's saloon rather than coupe but I think id rather have the engine. 340i on C2C has a 9.3k discount. I think it would be much easier to make the figures work on this if you can get on board with a saloon instead.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2015, 02:26 AM   #48
asif03
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2016 430d Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich100 View Post

I have had a quick look on coast to coast. On 430d they are posting a 16% discount for a 430d but I think this likely does include dealer contributions as well.

Not sure if the figure of £5285 above includes the £1000 dealer deposit or not. If it does then you're at 12% so I think you may be able to push for a bit more. If however the £1000 is on top of this then you're at 14% which is more in the same ball park.

Hopefully Riaz will come back but the other alternative may be to email the quote out to some other local dealers, perhaps Sytner oldbury / Birmingham / Solihull and just see what they can do. Whilst part of the same group, they may be at different positions vs targets and may be able to better it.

Keep the updates coming.
Rich,

Thank you for your advice. The figure of £5,285 doesn't include the dealer deposit however that was added into the figure for total deposit. So I said I'd put down £3,000 and they added the £1,000 to make £4k total deposit. So yes, I'd calculate it to be around 12% which I'm most definitely sure isn't the best they can do.

I think I'll be sending Riaz another email just in case the last one did get lost somehow as I would like to get an order placed asap if the price is right. I'll also send an email to TRL as I've heard he's done some good deals for various guys on here, as well as sending the quotes I got to a few other local dealers as you said.

Quote:
Regarding the 340i, the deal seems like it could work out perfectly for what I'm after however the 3 Series just doesn't do it for me at this point. I know the 340i would be amazing engine wise and handling would also be more than enough for how I'd use the car, but the saloon just doesn't make me go "WOW " like the 4 Series seems to. I won't rule it out completely because by no means would I be unhappy with the 340i, but at this point I'd rather see if I can get the 4 Series down to a price point that I'm happy with. If not then I'll definitely start getting quotes for a 340i. Appreciate you bringing this to my attention as I hadn't really looked at it at all.

I'll get a few other quotes over the week and keep this thread updated. It does seem to be turning out to a bit of a long one and my posts also end up looking like essays (sorry haha) but hopefully it's an interesting read for some. Any advice or thoughts on anything at all, please do share.

Regards, Asif.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2015, 04:07 AM   #49
rich100
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by asif03
Quote:

Keep the updates coming.
Rich,

Thank you for your advice. The figure of £5,285 doesn't include the dealer deposit however that was added into the figure for total deposit. So I said I'd put down £3,000 and they added the £1,000 to make £4k total deposit. So yes, I'd calculate it to be around 12% which I'm most definitely sure isn't the best they can do.

I think I'll be sending Riaz another email just in case the last one did get lost somehow as I would like to get an order placed asap if the price is right. I'll also send an email to TRL as I've heard he's done some good deals for various guys on here, as well as sending the quotes I got to a few other local dealers as you said.

Quote:
Regarding the 340i, the deal seems like it could work out perfectly for what I'm after however the 3 Series just doesn't do it for me at this point. I know the 340i would be amazing engine wise and handling would also be more than enough for how I'd use the car, but the saloon just doesn't make me go "WOW " like the 4 Series seems to. I won't rule it out completely because by no means would I be unhappy with the 340i, but at this point I'd rather see if I can get the 4 Series down to a price point that I'm happy with. If not then I'll definitely start getting quotes for a 340i. Appreciate you bringing this to my attention as I hadn't really looked at it at all.

I'll get a few other quotes over the week and keep this thread updated. It does seem to be turning out to a bit of a long one and my posts also end up looking like essays (sorry haha) but hopefully it's an interesting read for some. Any advice or thoughts on anything at all, please do share.

Regards, Asif.
Fair play. It is important get the car that works for you otherwise you might start wanting to change early on and end up spending even more money. The forum however will always help you to do this and it's collective experience in this area is unrivalled
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2015, 05:18 AM   #50
asif03
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Fair play. It is important get the car that works for you otherwise you might start wanting to change early on and end up spending even more money. The forum however will always help you to do this and it's collective experience in this area is unrivalled
Yeah that's exactly what I'm thinking now. It has to be perfect otherwise I'm not going to go ahead. My Megane isn't perfect by any means but if it means having to put getting a new car off for 6 months to a year, or even longer, so that the figures are how I want them and am happy with then I'll most certainly wait. At the end of the day it is just a car, albeit a very nice rwd german made one haha.

Sent Riaz an email as well as TRL so I'll await those quotes and take it from there.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2015, 03:23 AM   #51
asif03
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Hi guys,

Update on the situation. Having spoken to TRL and Riaz it seems as though the quote that Sytner gave me wasn't too far off the best that can be done!

TRL gave me a quote with around £16 a month off which although isn't bad, it still isn't what I was expecting to achieve. He was very informative however and gave some good advice so I'd definitely say it's worth speaking to him if you're after a quote.

Riaz hasn't given me a quote as such however he said similar things to what TRL mentioned. He said the quote Sytner gave wasn't a huge amount off however he is able to offer a little better which to me is worth going with if Sytner can't match. I told him to run the figures for me just so I can see the full quote and I'll take it from there so hopefully he'll get figures to me soon.

They both mentioned that if I wanted to hit something closer to the £400 a month mark that I was initially looking for I'd need to raise the deposit a bit which got me thinking. I may wait a month or two before I go through with this now. If I go into a dealership in December it should allow me to comfortably add a little more to the deposit, as well as possibly getting a few hundred £ more off the price? As well as this, the car could be delivered in March with the new 16 registration which would give me a little bit more to smile about haha.

So that's what the situation looks like at this point. Not what I was expecting however I'm definitely more comfortable with waiting a month or two so I can add to the deposit rather than just going with a deal I'm unsure/100% happy with.

I did consider the 340i as Daftasabrush mentioned however I just don't like the F30 as much as the 4 Series. I know the LCI has just been released and there aren't many on the road yet however after a year or so the shape gets pretty common. The rear of the 340i is noticeably different with the exhaust tips being separated however from the front the car doesn't look any different to a 320d. By no means is it an ugly looking car, it's just that I don't think I'd be 100% happy with an F30. Put it this way; I know for a fact if I had a 340i every time I'd see F32 I'd stare and probably wish I held out and got one instead. And for that reason I just can't bring myself to go with something I'm not 110% happy with.

(I've realised most of my posts end up turning into essays. I do apologise )
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2015, 05:59 AM   #52
Daftasabrush
Fool
England
Rep
Drives: F31 340i

You may find this thread interesting: http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1183305
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2015, 08:50 AM   #53
asif03
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
You may find this thread interesting: http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1183305
And here I am considering getting a test drive in one. Damn these forums!

Well there's been an update since I posted this morning. Adam, the salesman at Sytner called and said he's had a chat with the finance guys and they've spoken to their manager. Going into the dealership Saturday morning to see what's new. I did mention I was thinking of leaving the order until December to hopefully get the car for March and he did say it's fine to get the order in place now and still get the car for March. Not too sure if there's anything wrong/to watch out for with doing this?
Appreciate 1
      10-13-2015, 09:04 AM   #54
simon.
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F48 25D mSport

Re the larger deposit to reduce your monthly payments. If you want £50 less over 47 months then without interest that's £2350. To my mind you would be better putting no more in & paying the extra £50 each month rather than raising a lump of extra cash.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2015, 09:32 AM   #55
asif03
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon. View Post
Re the larger deposit to reduce your monthly payments. If you want £50 less over 47 months then without interest that's £2350. To my mind you would be better putting no more in & paying the extra £50 each month rather than raising a lump of extra cash.
I didn't realise it was exactly that much but you're right! I'm hoping to get a little more out of the discount so hopefully they can accommodate for what I'm after. If it can't be done now I'll happily wait until I'm in a more comfortable position to do it. Maybe 3-6 months time. Don't want to rush into something this big and regret it so I'm being a bit cautious.

Appreciate your help Simon.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2015, 05:26 AM   #56
asif03
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Update time. Well we went back to Sytner Sutton Coldfield on Saturday as Adam said he'd spoken to the finance manager and there was some good news. Of course, I know this is probably just the usual sales tactics to make customers feel they're getting the best deal possible but we went in to see what they had.

We get on really well with Adam so after the catch up I told him about the Coast2Coast prices available (even though they weren't too far off in the first place) and any info that I got from Riaz that previous week. He went and got the finance guy down who we actually met once before when they gave us the initial quotes with a massive 3% discount!

He ran some figures and I was quite shocked to hear the prices. I don't think I mentioned it in this thread but we're after two vehicles. A 430d for myself and a 320d GT for the other half. Both prices were under our monthly budget. We left with the quotes telling them we'd have to have a chat about them and see what we decide to do. From my calculations discount is 15% on each car. Initially I did think I'd be able to get around 18% however after speaking with TRL, Riaz, and also a dealership in Lincolnshire through OrangeWheels it seemed that figure wouldn't be possible so we're both happy with the 15% discount. So we'll be going back in this coming Saturday to hopefully get some orders in

I'll be looking to get Service Inclusive thrown in on both cars as that'd be beneficial. May see if we can get the black M Performance grills thrown in on both cars also but that can happen later.

Is there anything else that you guys can think of that we should be looking for or asking for at this point? As always, your thoughts and opinions are most welcome.

Regards, Asif.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2015, 05:41 AM   #57
Nick the Greek
Banned
France
Rep
Drives: M135i. I don't do diesel.

Yes.

I have an opinion

Ditch the 430d for a 440i.

Ditch the 320d for a M135i.

Job done.

Appreciate 0
      10-20-2015, 05:54 AM   #58
asif03
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick the Greek View Post
Yes.

I have an opinion

Ditch the 430d for a 440i.

Ditch the 320d for a M135i.

Job done.

I didn't even need to read the post to know what you'd say Nick haha.

At this point I just can't do petrol. For the short time I was in the 428i it seemed to return only ~27mpg which is considerably lower than what I'd get in a 430d. I know the vehicle costs a little less but on PCP with the GFV the monthlies end up being only a few £ off which in turn makes the 428i a little more expensive compared to the 430d. I know you'll just say "but diesel though" so lets just leave it here haha.

With the other half, she doesn't really like 'small' cars. Say's if you're getting a proper car go all out. By proper she means the size/road presence. Although I don't really like the thought of a 1 Series compared to a 4 I must say the 135i does catch my attention.

Petrol may be an option for me for the next one but for now I think it has to be the dirty fuelled machine.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2015, 01:14 PM   #59
asif03
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Another update. THE CAR IS ORDERED!

Happy with the prices quoted from the previous visit it was pretty simple today. Went in with the intention of getting Service Inclusive thrown in on both deals (my 430d order and the lady's 320d GT order), get my one signed, and out I go. The Mrs didn't come along as she was fed up of wasting another Saturday morning at a dealership so I was left with getting the papers sorted. I couldn't sign for her one as it'll be on her name however the fine details were sorted. Unfortunately they weren't able to throw Service Inclusive in as Adam mentioned they were literally at their limit on the two vehicles. I kind of believe him as none of the other dealers that I spoke to (including TRL and Riaz) got close to the final deals we got so I wasn't too disheartened by not getting it thrown in. I think we'll be paying for Service Inclusive on the lady's car as she does 15k+ miles a year at the moment however I'm closer to 10k. Would you guys suggest it'd be worth me paying the £425 to get the 5 years worth of service covered or would it be a waste if I'm only doing around 10k miles a year and looking to keep the car for 3 years? Because I reckon I'd definitely need two services within 3 years and that'd cost more than £425 wouldn't it?

Supagard is something that I thought was included but apparently they removed it to get the figure down to what we needed. I weren't too worried about this as I was thinking to get a new car detail done to it before I get hold of the keys so I'm okay with that.

Well I managed to get just over £6500 off the OTR price of £43510. Not as much as I initially thought I'd be able to get off however I was happy enough to sign the dotted line haha.

Decided to get the car in March on a new 16 reg because even though I'm ridiculously excited to get myself in it now, it'd most likely come in January now so I thought I'd wait two more months and have it on the new reg.

I'll definitely be updating the forum when I get the keys as well as any updates up until that point. Thank you guys for the assistance thus far. A lot of helpful replies on this thread as well as on others.
Appreciate 0