F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > [Poll] Do you have rusty seat frame bases?
ARMA SPEED
View Poll Results: Do you have rusty seat frame bases or hinges?
Yes, my seat frames are all red. 22 18.97%
Yes, but a few red spots. 44 37.93%
No, mine is clean. 32 27.59%
Don't want to look under the seats. 20 17.24%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

04-11-2013, 10:53 PM   #155
drob23
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: S4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335smooth View Post
Those who had there seat frames replaced must of had a dealership who actually takes care of its customers. My seat frame looks like the picture above in this thread. The dealer refuses to replace the frames because they say they will re-rust again. Then BMWNA claims that it is not a manfacturing defect based on what the dealer told them. And since the rust is inside vs outside, it is not covered by the rust warranty.

This is the worst service experience I have ever had. This has definately soured my experience with the dealer. My previous e90 did not have this issue.
That's complete BS, I'm amazed dealers have the balls to pull this. Don't worry, I understand how hard it is to deal with some of these shoddy salesman/service people, always your best friends when selling you something but absolute alpha male a$$holes when it starts to hurt their bottom line. I'd try and take it to another dealership, and possibly escalate it with the manager. You *absolutely* need to have this dealt with, it will be a major devaluation in the eyes of a potential buyer down the road. I'm surprised there hasn't been more press involved with this.

It's not an e90 or f30 or any model issue (such as a badly designed fuel pump), just a real egg laid by a supplier. BMWNA needs to own up to this.
      08-23-2013, 09:32 AM   #156
jelecroy
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i, 2014 328i

Garage List
2013 BMW 328i  [0.00]
I had rusty seats - about typical to the pictures others have posted. Dealer installed new seat frames last week after review by BMW USA.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2013, 10:01 AM   #157
shivaswrath
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by drob23 View Post
That's complete BS, I'm amazed dealers have the balls to pull this. Don't worry, I understand how hard it is to deal with some of these shoddy salesman/service people, always your best friends when selling you something but absolute alpha male a$$holes when it starts to hurt their bottom line. I'd try and take it to another dealership, and possibly escalate it with the manager. You *absolutely* need to have this dealt with, it will be a major devaluation in the eyes of a potential buyer down the road. I'm surprised there hasn't been more press involved with this.

It's not an e90 or f30 or any model issue (such as a badly designed fuel pump), just a real egg laid by a supplier. BMWNA needs to own up to this.
That's complete BS...BMWNA has replaced them for most of us. Call up BMWNA and complain. Hell I did and got a little something extra out of it to...you have rights as US customer, just as much as they have a brand image to uphold.

Note that BMWNA pays for it, not the dealer, which is probably why the dealer was resistant to it...

M Performance Exhaust/Brakes/Suspension/LSD|Bav Stage 1/AMP||ER CP/IC/DP/OC | Dinan CAI/N55 PWG BIG TURBO|BMWF30.com
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2013, 04:36 PM   #158
schtozo
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: sparkling bronze metallic

Wow this is terrible! Ill definitly look under the seats tonight and see whats up!
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2013, 05:18 PM   #159
AWF30
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: aw f30 m sport

Yes, dealer is saying they replaced it but I suspect they just wiped it, can see the lighter spots where the rust used to be, do they think we're retarded?
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2013, 08:37 PM   #160
PG5
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 328i Sport Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivaswrath View Post
That's complete BS...BMWNA has replaced them for most of us. Call up BMWNA and complain. Hell I did and got a little something extra out of it to...you have rights as US customer, just as much as they have a brand image to uphold.

Note that BMWNA pays for it, not the dealer, which is probably why the dealer was resistant to it...
What did you get extra from them?
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2013, 09:44 PM   #161
Kabrich
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 AH3 (335IH) 3F93 MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335smooth View Post
Those who had there seat frames replaced must of had a dealership who actually takes care of its customers. My seat frame looks like the picture above in this thread. The dealer refuses to replace the frames because they say they will re-rust again. Then BMWNA claims that it is not a manfacturing defect based on what the dealer told them. And since the rust is inside vs outside, it is not covered by the rust warranty.

This is the worst service experience I have ever had. This has definately soured my experience with the dealer. My previous e90 did not have this issue.
Who's the Dealer?
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2013, 10:25 AM   #162
schtozo
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: sparkling bronze metallic

Mine is in service as of this morning and rusty seat based is in the list of to do... Ill report back with what they come up with!
Appreciate 0