F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > xDrive 320d
ARMA SPEED

03-12-2013, 02:56 PM   #1
dan172
Enlisted Member
England
Rep
Drives: F31 320d M Sp. xDrive

xDrive 320d

Hi all, does anyone know if any of these have made the UK roads yet? Reviews from Autocar etc...

I ask as I placed an order for one on 20 February and was initially told a delivery date of week 15 (second week of April).
Today the dealer called and informed me it would now be the first week in April for delivery and his hunch was even that would be brought forward to the end of March.

Anybody else in a similar position to me or know of someone else who is expecting this model soon?

Cheers!
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2013, 03:27 PM   #2
derekh929
Major
Scotland
Rep
Drives: AMG C63s Coupe & F56 JCW

Not seen any members on here you are likely to be among the first , that was quick from order to expected delivery my order about same time as you mid may
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2013, 03:45 PM   #3
dan172
Enlisted Member
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekh929 View Post
Not seen any members on here you are likely to be among the first , that was quick from order to expected delivery my order about same time as you mid may
I have thought that the lead time was relatively short for the 'new' model on the UK roads. Could it be possible that the dealership has a production slot that they have managed to fill may?
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2013, 04:04 PM   #4
zorroone
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Dravit Grey G21 M340d

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan172 View Post
Hi all, does anyone know if any of these have made the UK roads yet? Reviews from Autocar etc...

I ask as I placed an order for one on 20 February and was initially told a delivery date of week 15 (second week of April).
Today the dealer called and informed me it would now be the first week in April for delivery and his hunch was even that would be brought forward to the end of March.

Anybody else in a similar position to me or know of someone else who is expecting this model soon?

Cheers!
This was part of the email issued to dealers:

BMW GROUP CORPORATE SALES.
BMW 3 SERIES TOURING PRODUCT ACTIONS – MARCH 2013.
The BMW 3 Series Touring (F31) Product Actions – March 2013
BMW has announced today details on forthcoming product actions for the 3 Series Touring (F31), effective from week 10, March 2013.

Production only started yesterday. I have a build date of 25 March. No change as yet.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2013, 04:20 PM   #5
joe_hall
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F30 320d xDrive M Sport

Quote:

Cheers!
There'll definitely be one by the end of the month

I ordered the F30 320d xDrive M Sport Saloon with nearly all the options back in late January and was told they would start going into production week 10 (w/c 4th March)

I had been given a week 11 build slot (this week) - spoke to the dealer today and it's already been built and on its way, should be consigned next week for delivery week 13 (w/c 25th March) - they also confirmed it would be one of the first diesel xDrives to arrive in the UK

BMW UK may have put pressure on the factory to get them back before month end for obvious March-figures related reasons.

Very pleased as I was originally expecting it week 15 (2nd week of April)
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2013, 05:02 PM   #6
dan172
Enlisted Member
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorroone View Post
This was part of the email issued to dealers:

BMW GROUP CORPORATE SALES.
BMW 3 SERIES TOURING PRODUCT ACTIONS – MARCH 2013.
The BMW 3 Series Touring (F31) Product Actions – March 2013
BMW has announced today details on forthcoming product actions for the 3 Series Touring (F31), effective from week 10, March 2013.

Production only started yesterday. I have a build date of 25 March. No change as yet.
Thanks for this information. Interesting!
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2013, 05:19 PM   #7
dan172
Enlisted Member
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by csjohal View Post

I ordered the F30 320d xDrive M Sport Saloon with nearly all the options back in late January and was told they would start going into production week 10 (w/c 4th March)

I had been given a week 11 build slot (this week) - spoke to the dealer today and it's already been built and on its way, should be consigned next week for delivery week 13 (w/c 25th March) - they also confirmed it would be one of the first diesel xDrives to arrive in the UK

BMW UK may have put pressure on the factory to get them back before month end for obvious March-figures related reasons.

That sounds good, one of the first in the UK!

Yes, I think you are right as I remember the dealer being keen to get my order in that week to have a fighting chance of the end of March delivery. He said as much today thinking back on it but in a non committal way, under promise and over deliver...

Thank you for sharing that!
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2013, 09:21 AM   #8
dan172
Enlisted Member
England
Rep

I went in and saw my Salesman this morning to sort out the cherished plate transfer from my current car. There seemed to be an urgency to get me in when I was contacted on Thursday to sign paperwork...
Anyway, he said that BMW UK are pushing for pre April delivery where possible.
Also my car is in production this weekend and it could well start it's journey North next week!
Delivery before Easter would be quality!
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2013, 01:28 PM   #9
arnsbrae
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 520d

Quote:

This is the car I wanted to buy last year...but I couldn't wait as my lease was up so I settled for a 520d.
      03-16-2013, 03:01 PM   #10
venkata
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330e MSport

So what colour have you gone for and specs?
// /M-Sport | Mineral Grey | Coral Red Leather | M Sport Plus Pack | Media Pro Plus Pack | Active Security Pack | Adaptive LED Lights | Advanced Parking Pack | Interior Comfort Pack | Enhanced Bluetooth with Wireless Charging| Black Performance Grill | Heated Seats | Heated Steering | Speed Limit Display

Appreciate 0
      03-17-2013, 04:40 AM   #11
dan172
Enlisted Member
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkata View Post
Alpine white
Black standard leather interior
19" M light alloys - 403 M
Adaptive M Sport suspension
Visibility package
Harman/Kardon
Armrest, front with sliding adjustment
Head restraints, rear and folding
Sun protection glass
Windscreen with grey shade band
Black panel display, full
Black kidney grilles on order too
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2013, 08:01 AM   #12
venkata
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Alpine white
Black standard leather interior
19" M light alloys - 403 M
Adaptive M Sport suspension
Visibility package
Harman/Kardon
Armrest, front with sliding adjustment
Head restraints, rear and folding
Sun protection glass
Windscreen with grey shade band
Black panel display, full
Black kidney grilles on order too
Good spec. Would have been good to go Pro Media, but it isn't exactly cheap.
I would like to hear the difference between standard and HK audio. Have to say the standard is fine, so wonder how the HK makes it better.
// /M-Sport | Mineral Grey | Coral Red Leather | M Sport Plus Pack | Media Pro Plus Pack | Active Security Pack | Adaptive LED Lights | Advanced Parking Pack | Interior Comfort Pack | Enhanced Bluetooth with Wireless Charging| Black Performance Grill | Heated Seats | Heated Steering | Speed Limit Display

Appreciate 0
      03-17-2013, 11:48 AM   #13
Captain Cow Pat
Lieutenant
England
Rep
Drives: VO F31 330d xDrive M Sport

Quote:
I would like to hear the difference between standard and HK audio. Have to say the standard is fine, so wonder how the HK makes it better.
There is just so much depth to the sound and it comes from all around. There is a large bass driver in the dash and two amp driving 16 speakers (I think).
      03-17-2013, 12:11 PM   #14
venkata
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Cow Pat View Post
There is just so much depth to the sound and it comes from all around. There is a large bass driver in the dash and two amp driving 16 speakers (I think).
16 Speakers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Holy Shit

Appreciate 0
      03-17-2013, 12:59 PM   #15
Steve_M_Sport
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: U06 230e Active Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Cow Pat View Post
I actually think the standard stereo is pretty good - decent sound and no distortion even at a loud volume.

The DAB radio works well too with very little dropout of the signal and then only for a second or so when out in the countryside. Perfect in built up areas.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2013, 04:13 PM   #16
kitster
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G31 M Sport

Quote:
16 Speakers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Holy Shit
F3X Saloon has 16 speakers, Touring 14 and GT 16

"Depending on model, the BMW 3 Series employs up to 16 high-performance speakers: operating as a central bass, two large speakers under the driver and front passenger seats act as subwoofers, providing powerful bass in all BMW 3 Series models.

Added to these, metal-matrix tweeters are installed in the mirror triangles and midrange speakers in the front doors, plus an additional midrange in the instrument panel of all models. Rear midrange speakers are mounted in the rear doors or side panels, depending on vehicle type. In the Sedan, Coupe and GT two additional midrange speakers are built into the parcel shelf.
Due to the individual vehicle architecture of the various models, the Sedan and GT have two additional metal-matrix tweeters in the rear package tray. In the Touring Harman Kardon has integrated two especially flat EDPL (electrodynamic planar loudspeaker) units in the headliner, where there is insufficient space for conventional speakers."

http://www.bmw.harmankardon.com/en/v...technical.aspx

Had the standard 6 speakers in my E91 and the HK system blows that away. I personally have the L7 switched on with flat EQ, bass is solid, sound is clear and there is no distortion when the sound is blasting
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2013, 04:45 PM   #17
NISFAN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_M_Sport View Post
I actually think the standard stereo is pretty good - decent sound and no distortion even at a loud volume.

The DAB radio works well too with very little dropout of the signal and then only for a second or so when out in the countryside. Perfect in built up areas.
Depends entirely on what you are used to......I too think the standard system is good. It doesn't have the richness of HK, but is pleasant to listen to. Unless you enjoy a heavy bass perfectly acceptable.

If you are used to HK type quality, then HK is an easy choice.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2013, 04:46 PM   #18
joe_hall
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnsbrae View Post
This is the car I wanted to buy last year...but I couldn't wait as my lease was up so I settled for a 520d.
The 520d is a lovely car, I especially like the light leather and dark exterior combo you have
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2013, 04:51 PM   #19
joe_hall
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
F30 320d xDrive M Sport Saloon N47 2.0d
Alpine White
Black Dakota Leather
Media package - BMW Professional
Visibility package
19" M light alloy wheels Star-spoke style 403 M
Sport automatic transmission
Model designation deletion
Sun protection glass
Lumbar support, driver and front pass.
Seat heating, front
Loudspeaker system - harman/kardon surround
sound
DAB as standard now
Service Inclusive Pack

Appreciate 0
      03-17-2013, 05:01 PM   #20
dan172
Enlisted Member
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NISFAN View Post
If you are used to HK type quality, then HK is an easy choice.
That was my thought process, my current car has Bang & Olufsen therefore the next has to have at least equivalent...
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2013, 05:01 PM   #21
dan172
Enlisted Member
England
Rep

Quote:
F30 320d xDrive M Sport Saloon N47 2.0d
Alpine White
Black Dakota Leather
Media package - BMW Professional
Visibility package
19" M light alloy wheels Star-spoke style 403 M
Sport automatic transmission
Model designation deletion
Sun protection glass
Lumbar support, driver and front pass.
Seat heating, front
Loudspeaker system - harman/kardon surround
sound
DAB as standard now
Service Inclusive Pack

Nice!
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2013, 05:02 PM   #22
dan172
Enlisted Member
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitster View Post
F3X Saloon has 16 speakers, Touring 14 and GT 16

"Depending on model, the BMW 3 Series employs up to 16 high-performance speakers: operating as a central bass, two large speakers under the driver and front passenger seats act as subwoofers, providing powerful bass in all BMW 3 Series models.

Added to these, metal-matrix tweeters are installed in the mirror triangles and midrange speakers in the front doors, plus an additional midrange in the instrument panel of all models. Rear midrange speakers are mounted in the rear doors or side panels, depending on vehicle type. In the Sedan, Coupe and GT two additional midrange speakers are built into the parcel shelf.
Due to the individual vehicle architecture of the various models, the Sedan and GT have two additional metal-matrix tweeters in the rear package tray. In the Touring Harman Kardon has integrated two especially flat EDPL (electrodynamic planar loudspeaker) units in the headliner, where there is insufficient space for conventional speakers."

http://www.bmw.harmankardon.com/en/v...technical.aspx

Had the standard 6 speakers in my E91 and the HK system blows that away. I personally have the L7 switched on with flat EQ, bass is solid, sound is clear and there is no distortion when the sound is blasting
Thanks for the info and link... Very useful.
Appreciate 0