F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > Post your timelines
proTUNING Freaks

04-20-2017, 12:51 PM   #2113
tom73
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: VW Passat

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkiboy View Post
ok so NEW update is car is coming sooner than estimated yesterday!

new info states:
03.10 ordered vehicle
03.12 went into production, VIN provided and production number
03.27 finished production
03.28 transported to port of exit and waiting on shipping assignment
04.05 vessel assigned and shipped aboard "tamerlane"
04.18 arrival @ VPC in baltimore
04.21 VPC work order complete, on trailer, and en route to dealer
04.24 arrival at dealer

basically cut a whole week off of the work order schedule over night. if true, that's awesome.

that's just about six weeks for custom build - not too shabby!
I'm sure you are anxious - congrats on being so close to the finish line. I just called about my build. It states it is at the port waiting on the shipping assignment. Did your car from SA or Germany? I'm wondering if the ship will sail directly to the states or go through Bremerhaven.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2017, 01:15 PM   #2114
monkiboy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom73 View Post
I'm sure you are anxious - congrats on being so close to the finish line. I just called about my build. It states it is at the port waiting on the shipping assignment. Did your car from SA or Germany? I'm wondering if the ship will sail directly to the states or go through Bremerhaven.
thanks. it was a germany build. started in bremerhaven, then to france, then to baltimore VPC. once you know the vessel it's on you can review it's intended path and schedule through a few places which makes tracking fun.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2017, 04:13 PM   #2115
Revelator
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: (Soon to be) 340i 6MT

Quote:
awesome that it's still close. and there seems to be four or five of us within a week or picking our 340s up which is great to read and eager to see build threads go up!

who are you doing the ceramic coating with? i'm thinking along the same lines with protecting it and all set up with raja once I take delivery.
Actually just got the message that it arrived today! Even better is that my work schedule changed and I'll be able to go pick it up on Monday now! I will post a few pics later of it sitting on the delivery truck. MPPSK sitting beautifully on it

I'm getting the CQuartz job and window tint done here:
http://www.reflectionsdetails.net/home
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2017, 04:30 PM   #2116
monkiboy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelator View Post
Actually just got the message that it arrived today! Even better is that my work schedule changed and I'll be able to go pick it up on Monday now! I will post a few pics later of it sitting on the delivery truck. MPPSK sitting beautifully on it

dude - holding out! post those photos up, i wanna seeeeeeeeeee
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2017, 07:01 PM   #2117
Revelator
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

dude - holding out! post those photos up, i wanna seeeeeeeeeee
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-21-2017, 08:26 AM   #2118
JDMAF
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 STi

exciting photos - congrats - I'm more than a little jealous. Looking at the MPerf exhaust it is interesting how the muffler has a connector only from the passenger side outlet. The drivers side pipe just bypasses the muffler completely.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2017, 10:08 AM   #2119
monkiboy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
frick, this has me all kinds of excited for my own and for having a few new 340 drivers locally. i have yet to spot one and live in what seems like bmw town. feel free to post up more photos or updates as you get them, it's awesome seeing them!

so when are you gonna pick her up?
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2017, 10:11 AM   #2120
bubbajk
Registered
Rep
Drives: 340xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbajk View Post
The excitement is building:

'17 340xi Munich Build

Ordered 2/24
Production number received 3/6 (CA really dragged his feet on this)
Started Production 3/28 (CA wasn't forthcoming that production would be 1 month delayed, week 14 build, estimated completion 4/7)
In body shop 4/4
In paint shop 4/5
Production completed 4/6
En route to port of exit 4/7
At port of exit 4/10...
Shipped out of Bremerhaven 4/20
Alright, so 10 days at port and onto a ship (Patriot) on 4/20 with stops in Sweden, Belgium, UK, and Canada before hitting the US.

Estimated arrival at NY VPC 5/5
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2017, 10:18 AM   #2121
monkiboy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbajk View Post
Alright, so 10 days at port and onto a ship (Patriot) on 4/20 with stops in Sweden, Belgium, UK, and Canada before hitting the US.

Estimated arrival at NY VPC 5/5
nice, if it weren't for initial delays you'd be getting your car soon but at least now is the fun part with tracking the vessel g'luck and hope you have some smooth sailing from here on out.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2017, 12:04 PM   #2122
JDMAF
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Have I mentioned that I LOVE the way that exhaust looks - I got the same carbon tips on mine.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2017, 12:38 PM   #2123
xlover
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2014 335 xdrive 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMAF View Post
exciting photos - congrats - I'm more than a little jealous. Looking at the MPerf exhaust it is interesting how the muffler has a connector only from the passenger side outlet. The drivers side pipe just bypasses the muffler completely.
if you check out this thread for a clearer view of the exhaust

http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1304356

you can see there are flaps on both sides when closed it routes from the passenger side into the muffler which then routes back through both pipes, so it will not be like the standard exhaust where at times only 1 outlet is used
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2017, 12:54 PM   #2124
JDMAF
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlover View Post
if you check out this thread for a clearer view of the exhaust

http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1304356

you can see there are flaps on both sides when closed it routes from the passenger side into the muffler which then routes back through both pipes, so it will not be like the standard exhaust where at times only 1 outlet is used
I see it now - yes the there are connecter pipes from both sides. Very cool thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2017, 12:58 PM   #2125
Revelator
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
frick, this has me all kinds of excited for my own and for having a few new 340 drivers locally. i have yet to spot one and live in what seems like bmw town. feel free to post up more photos or updates as you get them, it's awesome seeing them!

so when are you gonna pick her up?
You'll have yours soon too bud! I'm planning to take off work on Monday and pick it up that morning. Also made an appt for late next week to have my M Perf OEM splitter installed. I will probably try to install the diffuser (OEM) and M3 style mirror caps Monday evening if all goes well. Still waiting for my mirror caps in the mail though dammit.

Also agree I've yet to see a 340 on the road myself, but there are a shitload of 328s, older 335s, and X-series ALL over the place. When I travel to DC I see alot more 5-series and occassionally an M car (although I've YET to see an M2 anywhere around here, even in DC).

For now though, gotta go give the STI a few more runs before I say goodbye
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2017, 05:40 PM   #2126
bubbajk
Registered
Rep
Drives: 340xi

Quote:
nice, if it weren't for initial delays you'd be getting your car soon but at least now is the fun part with tracking the vessel g'luck and hope you have some smooth sailing from here on out.
Right! If only I knew to ask about an allocation before I ordered. Didn't even know that was a thing, unfortunately. The waiting has sucked, but I'm counting down the days at this point and can't wait.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2017, 09:48 PM   #2127
Revelator
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMAF View Post
Have either of you heard the MPPSK in person yet? I haven't but obviously will on Monday (I've just heard numerous youtube videos). Was curious whether it was louder than the stock STI exhaust...since a few of us are coming from the STI family
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 01:08 AM   #2128
monkiboy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Have either of you heard the MPPSK in person yet? I haven't but obviously will on Monday (I've just heard numerous youtube videos). Was curious whether it was louder than the stock STI exhaust...since a few of us are coming from the STI family
i can only imagine in sport/sport+ it will be but to answer your question, no, i have not heard it in person. man, monday is it dude. please video the exhaust and experience or photos and post up!
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 01:13 AM   #2129
monkiboy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You'll have yours soon too bud! I'm planning to take off work on Monday and pick it up that morning. Also made an appt for late next week to have my M Perf OEM splitter installed.
are you having them drill the front bumper after PDI? i told them to not touch the car, haha. basically take off blocks, wrapping, do PDI but do not let anyone touch the exterior paint for detail or cleaning and do not put a front plate bracket on as i'm going to go without front and always disliked having two holes in the front fascia of a car to repair.

who is doing the splitter install?
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 07:31 AM   #2130
Revelator
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
are you having them drill the front bumper after PDI? i told them to not touch the car, haha. basically take off blocks, wrapping, do PDI but do not let anyone touch the exterior paint for detail or cleaning and do not put a front plate bracket on as i'm going to go without front and always disliked having two holes in the front fascia of a car to repair.

who is doing the splitter install?
Unfortunately I have to have front plates as I work on a military base and go through a security gate every day--I'd get harassed constantly without the front plates. I actually attempted to go without them on my STI and actually didn't get harassed at the gate but got pulled over in my home town by the Sheriff's Dept! Bastards! I can't stand front plates but seems they're a necessary evil. I'm still getting a 30% window tint though.

I'm going to Induktion Motorsports (near Baltimore airport) to get the splitter installed. Was looking at them or RRT in northern VA

EDIT, forgot to mention they WON'T be drilling holes into my bumper, I'm getting a bracket for the front tow hook for the plate

Last edited by Revelator; Yesterday at 01:18 PM.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 04:18 PM   #2131
monkiboy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Unfortunately I have to have front plates as I work on a military base and go through a security gate every day--I'd get harassed constantly without the front plates. I actually attempted to go without them on my STI and actually didn't get harassed at the gate but got pulled over in my home town by the Sheriff's Dept! Bastards! I can't stand front plates but seems they're a necessary evil. I'm still getting a 30% window tint though.

I'm going to Induktion Motorsports (near Baltimore airport) to get the splitter installed. Was looking at them or RRT in northern VA

EDIT, forgot to mention they WON'T be drilling holes into my bumper, I'm getting a bracket for the front tow hook for the plate
good info. you could always do one of those motorized ones that pop out from under the opening so you have it made available at work and when in your hometown and tucked neatly away all other times if you care that much. i've never had trouble locally with 20% tint or radar in VA so i am going to give sans front plate a go.
Appreciate 0