F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > BMWNA memo title mix up
GetBMWParts

09-30-2019, 01:53 AM   #1
GenXer
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Like a bat out of hell.

Garage List
BMWNA memo title mix up

OK. It's been 45 days and I haven't gotten a memorandum title from BMW. Therefore I can not register my car in the state of Ohio. The temporary tag had expired. I was told BMW sent a set of licence plates to the dealer thinking this was a lease but it isn't. Meanwhile I'm driving a car that I'm already making payments while on dealer's plate.

This wouldn't be a big deal except that people think I'm test driving this car and therefore they don't care about cutting me off or tailgating and various other nonsense.

My permanent plates are Marine Corps Veteran. I'm not going to lie the plates do carry a bit of a clout in this neck of the woods. Generally, people are respectful and courteous. But now I'm just a guy permanently driving a loaner vehicle.

If BMWNA is listening. Would you please hurry up?
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2019, 07:17 AM   #2
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 328iX GT

I've never seen anything here that might indicate BMWNA pays any attention to us. The necessary documentation to register your car should have been given to you by your dealer when you took delivery. They would have sent the title to your financing institution.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2019, 06:15 PM   #3
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 / AH3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenXer View Post
OK. It's been 45 days and I haven't gotten a memorandum title from BMW. Therefore I can not register my car in the state of Ohio. The temporary tag had expired. I was told BMW sent a set of licence plates to the dealer thinking this was a lease but it isn't. Meanwhile I'm driving a car that I'm already making payments while on dealer's plate.

This wouldn't be a big deal except that people think I'm test driving this car and therefore they don't care about cutting me off or tailgating and various other nonsense.

My permanent plates are Marine Corps Veteran. I'm not going to lie the plates do carry a bit of a clout in this neck of the woods. Generally, people are respectful and courteous. But now I'm just a guy permanently driving a loaner vehicle.

Contact the Dealer who did the paperwork.

You paid them a fee to do the paperwork.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2019, 06:35 PM   #4
2000Z3M
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 435i ZHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenXer View Post

the people cutting you off is a normal thing, get use to it.

congrats on your service? those plates only matter when a cop pulls you over or if you have DV plates in texas.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2019, 07:54 PM   #5
GenXer
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Like a bat out of hell.

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000Z3M View Post
the people cutting you off is a normal thing, get use to it.

congrats on your service? those plates only matter when a cop pulls you over or if you have DV plates in texas.
It does help when you get pulled over. Unless you're reckless, they leave you alone.
Appreciate 0