F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > 2015 F30 LED upgrade
ARMA SPEED

05-16-2016, 07:32 AM   #155
TrickyT
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 Alpine White 328i xDrive

How much did you end up paying for the expedited shipping? They quoted me like $250 so I didn't do it. Still waiting for mine. Going on 2 months now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasty_boi91 View Post
I just got my headlights from Umnitza this past week. I ended up doing the expedited shipping, since the wait was killing me. It took about 3 days to get to them from China and then another 2-3 days to get to me, which was quick. However, I did have to wait about 2 months before this...yes, 8 weeks...without the expedited, I might've been in for another 2-4 weeks. Yikes :x Yeah...3 months for headlights wasn't happening, which is why I opted to pay more for the expedited shipping.

Anyway, I got the lights and installed them already. They look amazing and definitely give out a lot more light than the original halogens. I definitely didn't expect them to be this nice!

The wait was the worst ordeal in all of this. However, having the lights is definitely worth it. This has most definitely been a learning lesson for me. When I get my next BMW, I will be sure to get the lighting package! The car just looks incomplete without them. I have no idea why BMW still equips their cars with these awful halogen lights. I'm just glad I won't have to see those ugly halogen lights when I unlock my car anymore.

Anyway, I'll try to post pictures as soon as I get a chance!
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2016, 08:32 AM   #156
Nasty_boi91
Rep
Drives: 2015 328i xDrive

Tricky,

They quoted me around $115 if I did it along with a group of 2 other people.

I agreed, but they only found one other person willing to pay for the expedited, so I said "fuck it" and just added a little extra to pay for the remaining balance. I think I paid $190 total, which isn't entirely horrible considering there was a potential 3-4, maybe 5-6 extra weeks to wait if I opted for the boat shipping.

I'm a patient person, but another month or month and a half would've been too much to worry about. At one point, I thought I might never see these lights and considered canceling a few times. I spent so much time emailing them back and forth, it started to become a hassle.

It's definitely a huge relief to finally have them. I do agree that they shouldn't have told me these would be in stock in 2 weeks and then make me wait so long. I'm not sure who to blame this on, really...the Chinese factory for delaying production or them for all these inaccurate shipping dates they told me. After 2 weeks, they told me another 2 weeks. After those 2 weeks, I was told by the end of the month. By the end of the month, I was told they didn't know when. After that, I read on here that it was May 12th, so I just chose expedited.

Anyway, I hope this sheds some light on the whole shipping crap. I definitely frequented these forums looking for answers almost everyday. I know how much it sucks to wait.

Sincerely,
A once patient man
Appreciate 1
      05-16-2016, 08:58 AM   #157
Nasty_boi91
Rep

Anyway, here are the pics as promised!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/v9krv272n...UlWeGxe0a?dl=0
Appreciate 4
      05-16-2016, 03:58 PM   #158
BMWOSU
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 328i Alphine White

I thought it has LED on the top like the Eye brow...Does it ..I dont see in the pictures
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2016, 05:45 PM   #159
Nasty_boi91
Rep

The "eyebrows" are in there. It's a bit hard to see with the rain and all. My phone's camera also seems to give off a bit of a yellow hue, but the lights are a lot whiter than that.
Appreciate 1
      05-17-2016, 10:16 PM   #160
ji99lypuff
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 bmw 328xi

they look great Best looking aftermarket option out there imo. Itll only be a matter of time(soon i hope) before bmw has leds standard and we wont have to change them.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2016, 10:31 PM   #161
Nasty_boi91
Rep

Yeah, they're awesome!

One thing I do have to note, however. My car did throw an error for the signal lights. I had coding experience prior, so this wasn't a problem for me, but just be aware that this might be an issue.

It's pretty simple, though. All I had to do was go into fem_body and turn the signals to LED (aktiv) and they were good to go.

Without coding, the error messages disappear once you activate a turn signal, but it was annoying to have the error message pop up every time I got in and out of the car, so I felt I had to code the damned things out!

Anyway, this might or might not be a problem for everyone, but just a heads up. I'd love to see what everyone's new lights look like once they get them, so post those pictures!!!
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2016, 12:54 AM   #162
BMWOSU
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 328i Alphine White

Strange. I thought none of the previous installers had this issue. Everybody said no coding required. Anyways Glad you are enjoying the light.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2016, 06:41 AM   #163
e36
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMWs

Are these only for 2015 or all f30 years?

Do they have the led auto high beam option available to Europe only?
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2016, 07:07 AM   #164
Adamr916
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 328d

Quote:
Originally Posted by e36 View Post
Are these only for 2015 or all f30 years?

Do they have the led auto high beam option available to Europe only?
These are aftermarket, so they will essentially function like the OEM halogens, a standalone low beam and standalone high beam. The only extra thing I see is that they have some sort of cornering light
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2016, 08:30 AM   #165
Nasty_boi91
Rep

They should work for all F30 years.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2016, 06:29 PM   #166
w@lterwhite
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: e39it

Quote:
Yeah, they're awesome!

One thing I do have to note, however. My car did throw an error for the signal lights. I had coding experience prior, so this wasn't a problem for me, but just be aware that this might be an issue.

It's pretty simple, though. All I had to do was go into fem_body and turn the signals to LED (aktiv) and they were good to go.

Without coding, the error messages disappear once you activate a turn signal, but it was annoying to have the error message pop up every time I got in and out of the car, so I felt I had to code the damned things out!

Anyway, this might or might not be a problem for everyone, but just a heads up. I'd love to see what everyone's new lights look like once they get them, so post those pictures!!!
Quote:
They should work for all F30 years.
That and wagons.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2016, 10:53 PM   #167
prodigy152
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2012 328i

Please no shaming foglights I am changing them ASAP.. but I installed the lights from umnitza...
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-18-2017, 11:27 PM   #168
beholder
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2013 328, 2015 X5 35i

Been looking at these for my F30 and this thread was helpful.
I did have a question about ordering the lights from umnitza

https://www.umnitza.com/headlights-p...ngel-eyes.html

Angel Eyes: Did you all just go with the standard rings? Site doesn't really show the differences between the 4 options.

Color: I was thinking of going 4300k since I'm thinking of adding LED Foglights, anyone know if those would match 4300k or should i go 5000?

Xenon: I believe the current H7 is a 55w bulb, did you go with the 55w Xenon? Or did you use your own HID kit?

BiXenon Projectors Retrofit: Not sure why these are needed. Isn't the headlight housing i'm buying a projector housing to take HID lights with LED rings for DRLs around each light or am I missing something?

Sorry for the stupid questions but just want to make sure i'm approaching this correctly.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2017, 02:22 PM   #169
vgore
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickyT View Post
How much did you end up paying for the expedited shipping? They quoted me like $250 so I didn't do it. Still waiting for mine. Going on 2 months now.
@TrickyT
Did you ever receive those lights? Also are you happy with them? I am looking to order the same.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2017, 11:13 PM   #170
Animal Farm
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F30/Volvo XC90II T6

Quote:
Originally Posted by vgore View Post
@TrickyT
Did you ever receive those lights? Also are you happy with them? I am looking to order the same.
I'll answer -

After 1 year of use I have not had any major issues. The lights are bright and they complement the overall look of the vehicle.

1. Flickering - one of my lights flickers on start up, I'm sure that this can be resolve with coding but I have not found the parameters yet. I have coded the obvious to no avail: DRL, Low/High beams/Parking lights/Rings. They flicker only at start up for 5-10 seconds.

2. After start up, the side markers dim to a low orange hue and flickers... the flickering is very slight, however, it it noticeable if you look close enough, this I have been able to revolve with coding.

MAPPING_SIDEMARKER_L_PWM_LEVEL_STANDARD - Increase volatge to 10.2v
MAPPING_SIDEMARKER_L_PWM_LEVEL_REDUCED - Increase voltage to 10.2v
MAPPING_SIDEMARKER_R_PWM_LEVEL_STANDARD - Increase volatge to 10.2v
MAPPING_SIDEMARKER_R_PWM_LEVEL_REDUCED - Increase voltage to 10.2v

Additionally you can code the side markers off all together like our European counterparts.

Besides the flickering issue, which I'll figure out soon... I hope, the lights are great.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2017, 10:13 AM   #171
vgore
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animal Farm View Post
I'll answer -

After 1 year of use I have not had any major issues. The lights are bright and they complement the overall look of the vehicle.

1. Flickering - one of my lights flickers on start up, I'm sure that this can be resolve with coding but I have not found the parameters yet. I have coded the obvious to no avail: DRL, Low/High beams/Parking lights/Rings. They flicker only at start up for 5-10 seconds.

2. After start up, the side markers dim to a low orange hue and flickers... the flickering is very slight, however, it it noticeable if you look close enough, this I have been able to revolve with coding.

MAPPING_SIDEMARKER_L_PWM_LEVEL_STANDARD - Increase volatge to 10.2v
MAPPING_SIDEMARKER_L_PWM_LEVEL_REDUCED - Increase voltage to 10.2v
MAPPING_SIDEMARKER_R_PWM_LEVEL_STANDARD - Increase volatge to 10.2v
MAPPING_SIDEMARKER_R_PWM_LEVEL_REDUCED - Increase voltage to 10.2v

Additionally you can code the side markers off all together like our European counterparts.

Besides the flickering issue, which I'll figure out soon... I hope, the lights are great.
I just installed these lights and they really transform the look of the car.
My lights (angel eyes) flicker for like 2 seconds when I start the parking lamps. The low beams do not flicker as of yet. I am going to code out the parking lamps all together. I have noticed when I make a sharp turn some light comes on the turning side. Not sure what that is. But overall they are great.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2017, 11:04 PM   #172
Animal Farm
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I just installed these lights and they really transform the look of the car.
My lights (angel eyes) flicker for like 2 seconds when I start the parking lamps. The low beams do not flicker as of yet. I am going to code out the parking lamps all together. I have noticed when I make a sharp turn some light comes on the turning side. Not sure what that is. But overall they are great.
That's great! I know that they were working to remedy the flickering issues associated with the low beams; sound so like they resolved it with the newer headlights. Does your parking light dim after start up to a low hue/flicker? It takes 10-20 second to dim after start up.

These lights have a built in corning feature; much like your fog light would during a turn (OEM led/xenon). This Corning light is coming from the smaller inner reflector.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-27-2017, 08:05 AM   #173
vgore
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animal Farm View Post
That's great! I know that they were working to remedy the flickering issues associated with the low beams; sound so like they resolved it with the newer headlights. Does your parking light dim after start up to a low hue/flicker? It takes 10-20 second to dim after start up.

These lights have a built in corning feature; much like your fog light would during a turn (OEM led/xenon). This Corning light is coming from the smaller inner reflector.
Yes the parking lights do dim after 20 or so seconds but I didn't notice them flickering but I didn't take a closer look. I may have code them out. What software do you recommend as I am new to this coding thing.
I came across the following thread in which they disable cold/warm checks and code the low/high bulbs to LED. Have you done it? if not then may be that would resolve the flickering issue.

http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...1222234&page=3

Wow that corning light is awesome feature. I had no idea that it was there nor it's been advertised anywhere if I remember correctly.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2017, 08:38 AM   #174
Animal Farm
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yes the parking lights do dim after 20 or so seconds but I didn't notice them flickering but I didn't take a closer look. I may have code them out. What software do you recommend as I am new to this coding thing.
I came across the following thread in which they disable cold/warm checks and code the low/high bulbs to LED. Have you done it? if not then may be that would resolve the flickering issue.

http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...1222234&page=3

Wow that corning light is awesome feature. I had no idea that it was there nor it's been advertised anywhere if I remember correctly.
I use E-sys, it's simply if you know what you're doing, even then it has the potential to go wrong; there are many horror stories.

There are many experience coder and post on here that can guide you along the right path. Additionally, there is a simpler and less risky way -

http://www.mycarly.com/product/bmw-app/

I have heard of few issues with the Carly app, but the pros outweigh the cons in my opinion.

I did code out all those options to no avail, I think it's a voltage issue... but that's just a speculation.

The link you posted is broken
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2018, 11:19 AM   #175
Gregorious Maximus
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2013 Black BMW 328I

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrclam View Post
Installed a halogen -> LED headlight upgrade on my 2015 F30 today. Some initial photos here:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rtbprf51f...bRVL0hA0a?dl=0
Details:
  • Plug and play with factory wiring harness
  • No error codes
  • LED with adaptive turning lights
  • Fitment looks near perfect
  • Lights themselves made in china
  • No coding
are these still holding up today?
Appreciate 0