F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes > F30 M Performance Suspension
ARMA SPEED

10-05-2012, 12:35 AM   #23
nano10
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3

October and still no info, whats going on???
      10-14-2012, 04:10 PM   #24
bmrm396
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3cs

just brining this thread back hopin for an update. I wanna order my msport this month and add the Perf Susp but havent seen any updated info ... anyone have any knowledge to contribute here? price, experience, etc?
      10-18-2012, 06:47 PM   #25
shutterlife
Private
Rep
Drives: F30 M Sport AW

Hmm look what I found.

http://www.bmwpartspros.com/partlocator/index.cfm?action=AccessoryCatalog&catalogid=8798&s iteid=216857&categoryID=182642&subcat1=182643&subc at2=182645&subcat3=193424
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2012, 10:42 PM   #26
RSXDC5
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutterlife View Post
$1089 for the M Performance suspension!!! That's not too shabby for an OEM upgrade.
      10-18-2012, 11:54 PM   #27
justinnum1
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 330i Msport 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSXDC5 View Post
$1089 for the M Performance suspension!!! That's not too shabby for an OEM upgrade.
thats all?

fuck, would have had them port installed that. oh well.
      10-19-2012, 09:23 AM   #28
Jamesons Viggen
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '98 M Roadster stg 2+ S/C

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
thats all?

fuck, would have had them port installed that. oh well.
If BMW is smart, when they send a car for Magazine tests against A4's, S4's, ATS', they send M-Sports fitted with this suspension kit.

I mean, it's not cheating, right?

'98 Dinan/RMS stage 2+(VAC cams, CES Cutring etc)
'15 Buick Regal "T"(wife)
'06 Saab 9-5 Combi 5mt (full suspension, LSD, clipped turbo etc)
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2012, 10:20 AM   #29
justinnum1
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 330i Msport 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesons Viggen View Post
If BMW is smart, when they send a car for Magazine tests against A4's, S4's, ATS', they send M-Sports fitted with this suspension kit.

I mean, it's not cheating, right?
thats car and driver one audi sent a regular a4 with summer tires when it should have all seasons lol
      10-19-2012, 01:29 PM   #30
bmrm396
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

so howcome theres no official information our on this yet? my dealer knows nothing about it and if its that cheap, hell ill order it instead of the $1000 for the adaptive. duh.
      10-19-2012, 06:40 PM   #31
4DRS55
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: GTF80,718GT4,TVG80,G05X5

m suspension

Confirmed with the dealer and the m per suspension is out $1500. Additionally if you have a sport suspension then no need for upgraded sway bars. If you have a non sport then you can upgrade to thicker sway bars that are on the sport and m sport suspension. No details on how much the m performance suspension lowers the car by.
Personally the car is so new I would just get H&R sport springs having the sport suspension. It makes no sense to invest in a spring / shock set up, wait until you put some miles on your struts and then there will be plenty to choose from.
For those who are worried about warranty with H&R springs talk to your dealer and they might be ok with you installing them; as matter of fact my dealer is installing them for me.

Last edited by 4DRS55; 10-19-2012 at 09:49 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2012, 08:24 PM   #32
Maz335i
BMW 4 Life...
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 SO M3 (on order)

Quote:
Originally Posted by f30N55
Confirmed with the dealer and the m per suspension is out $1500. Additionally if you have a sport suspension then no need for upgraded sway bars. If you have a non sport then you can upgrade to thicker sway bars that are on the sport and m sport suspension. No details on how much they lower the car by.
Personally the car is so new I would just get H&R sport springs having the sport suspension. It makes no sense to invest in a spring / shock set up, wait until you put some miles on your struts and then there will be plenty to choose from.
For those who are worried about warranty with H&R springs talk to your dealer and they might be ok with you installing them; as matter of fact my dealer is installing them for me.
^^^ This!
      10-21-2012, 07:42 AM   #33
carrotf30
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3

Does anyone know if this will fit on the x-drive model?
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2012, 11:24 PM   #34
bmrm396
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz335i View Post
^^^ This!
im sorry i dont agree with this at all. if u know u want to upgrade ur suspension, as i do, id rather spend the extra couple hundred bucks to get the m perf than spend a grand on the adaptive and then later switch springs etc, etc. Way cheaper overall and go straight for the proper performance upgrade, i dont believe in just lowering a car for looks. And the m perf susp lowers the car an addition 10mm, just FYI for the comment u quoted above

also i went through the springs ordeal w my dealer on my e90. we ended up not doin any upgrade cause it was not well received when i ran it through them about the lease return process etc
      10-22-2012, 02:06 AM   #35
UhhItsANT
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 335i

Garage List
2013 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by f30N55
Confirmed with the dealer and the m per suspension is out $1500. Additionally if you have a sport suspension then no need for upgraded sway bars. If you have a non sport then you can upgrade to thicker sway bars that are on the sport and m sport suspension. No details on how much the m performance suspension lowers the car by.
How did you manage to get them to agree on installing the H&R springs for you? I'm planning on getting those but worried about the warrenty. How much they charge you?
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2012, 07:23 AM   #36
Maz335i
BMW 4 Life...
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 SO M3 (on order)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmrm396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz335i View Post
^^^ This!
im sorry i dont agree with this at all. if u know u want to upgrade ur suspension, as i do, id rather spend the extra couple hundred bucks to get the m perf than spend a grand on the adaptive and then later switch springs etc, etc. Way cheaper overall and go straight for the proper performance upgrade, i dont believe in just lowering a car for looks. And the m perf susp lowers the car an addition 10mm, just FYI for the comment u quoted above

also i went through the springs ordeal w my dealer on my e90. we ended up not doin any upgrade cause it was not well received when i ran it through them about the lease return process etc
To each their own.

I like his statement and totally agree with it. If you don't, it's your choice!

He made absolute sense to me.
      10-22-2012, 12:16 PM   #37
bmrm396
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntBabeee View Post
How did you manage to get them to agree on installing the H&R springs for you? I'm planning on getting those but worried about the warrenty. How much they charge you?
usually with a warrenty case, the dealer has to prove specifically that the mod was the cause of the issue at hand. so if something goes wack they have to prove that the springs r what caused it.

as far as install, i have always been told that whatever u do during the lease is ur call but when its returned u better put it all back just the way it came basically. every dealer can be slightly diff on this though ...
      10-22-2012, 12:30 PM   #38
RPM90
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i M-sport AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmrm396 View Post
usually with a warrenty case, the dealer has to prove specifically that the mod was the cause of the issue at hand. so if something goes wack they have to prove that the springs r what caused it.

as far as install, i have always been told that whatever u do during the lease is ur call but when its returned u better put it all back just the way it came basically. every dealer can be slightly diff on this though ...
True about leasing. If you change something to non OEM, then you need to change it back before returning the car.
Warranty violations still apply however, even on leased cars.

If a customer installs a set of non OEM springs, and something goes wrong with the OEM damper/shocks, the dealer can easily and likely will void warranty on those items, because using non OEM springs is a direct violation of the warranty, which states that you can not 'modify' the OEM parts/system, and if you do you will void the warranty.

In a case like that there isn't much a dealer or manufacturer need to "prove", as the warranty language speaks for itself.

Now, if you installed a set of non OEM springs and then your turbo goes out, there would be a problem for the dealer and manufacturer if they deny warranty on the turbo because you added non OEM springs.

Warranties are legally binding, and if the warranty states in writing that 'modifications' will void the warranty or parts of the warranty, then the customer must comply, or potentially lose the warranty.
I say "potentially" because some dealers may look the other way.
But that would be their choice not the customers.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2012, 12:33 PM   #39
nano10
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3

Talked to dealer a few days ago and they had no idea about m performance suspension.
      10-22-2012, 01:35 PM   #40
UhhItsANT
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmrm396 View Post

im not leasing it, im buying it. Just worried about the warranty thats all.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2012, 02:03 PM   #41
bmrm396
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM90 View Post
True about leasing. If you change something to non OEM, then you need to change it back before returning the car.
Warranty violations still apply however, even on leased cars.

If a customer installs a set of non OEM springs, and something goes wrong with the OEM damper/shocks, the dealer can easily and likely will void warranty on those items, because using non OEM springs is a direct violation of the warranty, which states that you can not 'modify' the OEM parts/system, and if you do you will void the warranty.

In a case like that there isn't much a dealer or manufacturer need to "prove", as the warranty language speaks for itself.

Now, if you installed a set of non OEM springs and then your turbo goes out, there would be a problem for the dealer and manufacturer if they deny warranty on the turbo because you added non OEM springs.

Warranties are legally binding, and if the warranty states in writing that 'modifications' will void the warranty or parts of the warranty, then the customer must comply, or potentially lose the warranty.
I say "potentially" because some dealers may look the other way.
But that would be their choice not the customers.

right. the point i was trying to make was that if ur engine blows up, its still covered under warranty even if uve got H&R springs - theres no correllation that can be made so they will not void ur warranty. (DISCLAIMER: i have heard horror stories of some dealers not givin a shit and sayin, "sorry, u lose" once they spot anythin not OEM. so just be cautioned)
      10-22-2012, 02:05 PM   #42
bmrm396
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nano10 View Post
Talked to dealer a few days ago and they had no idea about m performance suspension.
ya my dealer is still looking into it. Im kinda bummed cause this is pretty much holding me back from my order. I know it'll be well worth the wait, plus itll save me a few hundred bucks by not payin for aftermarket install but i just keep hearin "tick tick tick" in my head haha
      10-22-2012, 02:14 PM   #43
4DRS55
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: GTF80,718GT4,TVG80,G05X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntBabeee View Post
im not leasing it, im buying it. Just worried about the warranty thats all.
I was also worried, and yes replacing the aftermarket springs can void warranty. It is important that you talk to your dealer bc if they feel comfortable they may be ok with it. I spoke to the service manager and he said as long its nothing major for example a tune he was ok with it.

I felt more comfortable with the dealer doing the install bc it would be documented. Dealer charged bout $350-400 plus alignment. Which is a bit more than others or doing it my-self but it leaves me with a peace of mind.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2012, 02:19 PM   #44
UhhItsANT
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by f30N55 View Post
I was also worried, and yes replacing the aftermarket springs can void warranty. It is important that you talk to your dealer bc if they feel comfortable they may be ok with it. I spoke to the service manager and he said as long its nothing major for example a tune he was ok with it.

I felt more comfortable with the dealer doing the install bc it would be documented. Dealer charged bout $350-400 plus alignment. Which is a bit more than others or doing it my-self but it leaves me with a peace of mind.
yes i wouldnt mind that price either since they can document it. that price breaks down about 250 for install 100 for alignment. its pretty much and extra hundred to get dealer to install. totally worth it. I'll try talking to my dealer when i get the car to see if they are willing to do it for me. THANKS!!!!
Appreciate 0