F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA > 2013 F30 328i BM3 Flash Successful but Coding fail, Car wont start
proTUNING Freaks

07-13-2022, 02:37 AM   #1
enokknok
Registered
Rep
Drives: F30 328i

2013 F30 328i BM3 Flash Successful but Coding fail, Car wont start

Hi All,

I have just purchased my BM3 mod and was so excited about it until it goes all wrong. I'm unsure if I'm one of the unfortunate ones but I do hope to get some insights on what I should do next.

As in the title, my car is a daily so battery is healthy for sure, as it was replaced 3 months or so back. I have successfully flashed the car to Stage 1 as instructed. Seatbelt fastened; Lights off; Air-con off, however as the flash completes, an error pops up and says the following;

"Flash was successful but coding failed to apply. Try the "FLASH FULL AND UNLOCK (Diag Only) option to recover or the "RECODE (Diag Only) option. If still having issues contact Tech support for assistance.

I have tried both the flash full and unlock option as well as the recode option, but the coding error would still pop up after the flash. It gives the exact same coding error even if I flash it back to stock tune.

Just wondering if any of you can help me with this, as my car now just sits in the driveway and if for any reason i cant get it fixed i will have to get it towed...

I hope some of yous are experienced or would know what to do with this!
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2022, 04:03 AM   #2
GAV-F30
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 328I M-SPORT

Hello Buddy,

This same thing happened to me with help from tech support they fixed it, You need two programs on your computer..

1- E-sys is a software released by BMW
2- Dxdiag
If you need to see what the icons look like send me a pm with your number and ill send you a screenshot

Your car will FLY i had stage two but took of the catless dump pipe to loud..
Appreciate 0