F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Buzzing on the door
Studio RSR

09-03-2021, 03:22 AM   #1
Prowller
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2017 F30 LCI

Buzzing on the door

Hi Guys,

I recently purchased a 2017 LCI F30 and I absolutely love the car so I played with it for a bit. Noticed that besides Harman system it also has the 7 Logic surround option however, when that option is turned on, I can hear some sort of buzzing on the passenger door from the long aluminium part.

I'm kind of a noob on this and given that it's my first car I would like to know how can I fix the issue.

Can someone point me in a good direction?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2021, 08:04 AM   #2
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 328iX GT

That trim is attached to the door liner with plastic rivets, it shouldn't come loose, and would be a bitch to fix if it did. Inside that trim is the light pipe for the ambient lighting, which might vibrate. You may be able to use some hot melt glue to stop that. However, if the noise was a physical vibration that would happen whether the surround option is on or off. Also, the door speakers are midrange only, which doesn't create a lot of vibration. Besides, that sound is way too loud to be a vibration. It sounds to me like the drum kit high-hat cymbals. It shouldn't be that loud, but that may be due to the surround processing.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2021, 05:34 AM   #3
Prowller
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2017 F30 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billfitz View Post
That trim is attached to the door liner with plastic rivets, it shouldn't come loose, and would be a bitch to fix if it did. Inside that trim is the light pipe for the ambient lighting, which might vibrate. You may be able to use some hot melt glue to stop that. However, if the noise was a physical vibration that would happen whether the surround option is on or off. Also, the door speakers are midrange only, which doesn't create a lot of vibration. Besides, that sound is way too loud to be a vibration. It sounds to me like the drum kit high-hat cymbals. It shouldn't be that loud, but that may be due to the surround processing.
Per your comment, I did a second check, apparently the lighting strip underneath the aluminium is a bit loose (took a toothpick and played around it) and that is definitely the cause. Going to see what options I have to make it rock solid, thanks for the info!
Appreciate 0